Can I downgrade to One UI 2.5 from 3.0?

Search This thread

nealzXincredible

Jul 15, 2014
Dhaka
Hello guys I'm a s20+ user model SM G985F. I used to use nova launcher and good luck module task changer with one ui 2.5.

However after upgrading to one ui 3.0 good luck doesn't work any more. Nova launcher is pretty much usable as well as the recent apps menu is too much buggy working with 3rd party launchers.

I find the default Samsung home launcher just unbearable and horrible to look at. So I want to downgrade back to One UI 2.5, as good lock won't be supported on One UI 3 until February 2021.

Is it possible to flash one ui 2.5 rom via after upgrading to one ui 3.0? Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Evil_Smiley_za

Aug 5, 2015
Waterfall
Hello guys I'm a s20+ user model SM G985F. I used to use nova launcher and good luck module task changer with one ui 2.5.

However after upgrading to one ui 3.0 good luck doesn't work any more. Nova launcher is pretty much usable as well as the recent apps menu is too much buggy working with 3rd party launchers.

I find the default Samsung home launcher just unbearable and horrible to look at. So I want to downgrade back to One UI 2.5, as good lock won't be supported on One UI 3 until February 2021.

Is it possible to flash one ui 2.5 rom via after upgrading to one ui 3.0? Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Hi there. Yes you can go back to firmware with OneUI2.5 default but you will have to factory reset the device. Also make sure the firmware you are flashing via Odin has the same boot loader version you are currently on or you will not be able to downgrade. I am not a S20 user but the process should be the same as on my Note 10+.

Going down in firmware versions always factory wipes the device and is also not possible if the older firmware is not on the same boot-loader version. Hope this help you.

Reactions: nealzXincredible

nealzXincredible

Jul 15, 2014
Dhaka
Hi there. Yes you can go back to firmware with OneUI2.5 default but you will have to factory reset the device. Also make sure the firmware you are flashing via Odin has the same boot loader version you are currently on or you will not be able to downgrade. I am not a S20 user but the process should be the same as on my Note 10+.

Going down in firmware versions always factory wipes the device and is also not possible if the older firmware is not on the same boot-loader version. Hope this help you.
Hi thanks so much for the response. I don't mind if my device gets factory reset. I'm currently on the Indian firmware One ui 3.0. If I flash the same Indian firmware one ui 2.5 then everything should be fine right?

ric69

Jan 3, 2007
Hi there,
- Goodluck is working fine for me on Ui 3 (no root), what feature is not working for you ?
- I'm interested to know if you downgrade successfuly yet because I tried everything too, but I failed to go back to BTJ3 from CTKF (and I would be happy to return to ui2.5 just because I destroyed a Samsung Cloud backup by mistake ... and I have a TWRP backup there)

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Hi there,
    - Goodluck is working fine for me on Ui 3 (no root), what feature is not working for you ?
    - I'm interested to know if you downgrade successfuly yet because I tried everything too, but I failed to go back to BTJ3 from CTKF (and I would be happy to return to ui2.5 just because I destroyed a Samsung Cloud backup by mistake ... and I have a TWRP backup there)

Heard other saying Good Lock wasn't working after going to 3.0; might be a regional or variant related issue.

This won't help this time but for the future get a large, fast sd card to use as a data drive. A Lexar V30 500gb card can be had for about $75.
    Keep all essential data there rather than internal memory. This how I set up all my PCs and now the 10+. Make use of this and the added redundancy it can bring to your phone.

I have a copy of all my apps and updates loaded there too (Apk Export). The card data is then also backed up to the PC.
    Keep the downloads folder on the internal memory until files are deemed safe; an extra layer of malware insulation. This has saved me once already from an infected jpeg.

Backup settings of apps that permit it.
    I can do a full reload with little or no internet and be running again in about 2 hours with all my files, music, photos, etc loaded and ready to go.
    Make full use of your SD card slot...
    I'm holding a fast 1 tb dual drive PC in my hand, outstanding.

saif.dmaster

May 1, 2011
    MUMBAI

Hi there,

were you guys able to downgrade successfully?

saif.dmaster

May 1, 2011
    MUMBAI
    Guys follow the below guide
    1. switch off your phone
    2. connect USB cable to the PC
    3. Press and hold volume up and volume down keys at the same time
    4. Connect USB cable to your phone
    5. it will take you to the download mode screen
    Then you can downgrade it to the version you like. The downgrade build should be on bootloader v5

TeeKay35

Dec 10, 2013
    1. switch off your phone
    Then you can downgrade it to the version you like. The downgrade build should be on bootloader v5
    without factory reset?

andrep18201

Oct 25, 2015
    Hey Evil_Smiley_za, you mentioned a couple times to make sure bootloader is the same. Do you know how to check that? I too wants to downgrade my 3.0 to 2.5. I found the FW on sammobile but not sure if bootloader are the same

Any advice?

X04D

Sep 6, 2011
    Hey Evil_Smiley_za, you mentioned a couple times to make sure bootloader is the same. Do you know how to check that? I too wants to downgrade my 3.0 to 2.5. I found the FW on sammobile but not sure if bootloader are the same

Any advice?
    Go to https://samfw.com/ and find your device. Look for your firmware version, and note the "Bit" collumn. Find an earlier ROM you'd like to flash, ensuring that the "Bit" is the same for both.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      i never knew best buy had a dedicated samsung desk. they'll flash it with no problem really?
      Not all may have one. They can run advanced diagnostics too.
      I put this back on Samsung's plate for screwing it up... and they did.
      1. switch off your phone

Hi there,
      i never knew best buy had a dedicated samsung desk. they'll flash it with no problem really?
      Not all may have one. They can run advanced diagnostics too.
      I put this back on Samsung's plate for screwing it up... and they did.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone