can i flash moto maxx image on droid turbo

Search This thread

toroloco73

Feb 11, 2012
i'm looking for a new motorola droid turbo xt1254 to use it in my country Italy.

after unlock the bootloader can i flash a motorola moto maxx image with RSDLite?

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Buy what you need in the first place

What are you trying to do? If you don't want an XT1254, buy the Quark model you do want.

Also, it's not clear which Moto Maxx you are talking about... It would be better to speak in model NUMBERS than model NAMES.

Of the Quarks, there are TWO "Moto Maxx" models: XT1250 U.S. Moto Maxx and XT1225 "international" Moto Maxx. Which Moto Maxx image do you want to flash over the XT1254 Droid Turbo and WHY?

1) the XT1250 U.S. Moto Maxx which is EXACTLY the same device as the XT1254 Droid Turbo -- same bands, same FCC ID. Yes, you can flash that firmware over the XT1254, but you will have the EXACT same phone. You just won't have the Verizon bloatware. However, if you just rooted the XT1254, you could remove the Verizon bloatware. So, why would you want to have the same phone by flashing XT1250 Moto Maxx firmware?

2) the XT1225 "international" Moto Maxx -- also called the "XT1225 Moto Turbo" in India. Same hardware as the other Quark (XT1254/XT1250), but different radio bands. Different FCC ID. No CDMA bands, more HSPA bands than the other Quark, LTE bands 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17.

Even though it's called "international", I own three of the XT1225 here in the U.S. as they have all the AT&T bands I use here.

The XT1225 is probably the Moto Maxx you are talking about? NO, you cannot flash XT1225 firmware over the XT1254 to "convert" it to XT1254.

If you want an XT1225, just buy an XT1225. Why are you buying an XT1254 and then trying to convert it to an XT1225?

I don't understand people in other countries buying the XT1254 Droid Turbo. If you don't need CDMA (that's a U.S. peculiarity) or LTE band 13 (which only Verizon uses), the XT1225 is the better phone for that purpose. The XT1225 bootloader is easily unlockable via Motorola website for FREE (XT1254 costs $25 via Sunshine), and the XT1225 has more HSPA and LTE bands than the XT1254/XT1250.
________
All the Quarks have the same hardware, but the difference is the radio bands.

Yes, the XT1225 and XT1254/XT1250 all share LTE bands 2, 3, 4, 7.

The XT1225 additionally has LTE band 5 and 17.

specs_zpsdqolp6qj.jpg

The XT1254 Droid Turbo/XT1250 U.S. Moto Maxx instead has LTE band 13 (Verizon LTE band), plus CDMA bands. While it does have some HSPA bands, there's not as many as in the XT1225.

XT1254_XT1250_zpsa1pbiatr.png

Last edited:

blacksn

Sep 22, 2011
Lutsk
I live in Ukraine and we have hundreds of used XT1254 from U.S. for sale and only one new Moto Maxx for 500 USD on most poplular ukrainian websites like ebay. And we have CDMA/EVDO Rev. B here. Officially these phones not selling here. So dont wonder why "people in other countries buying the XT1254 Droid Turbo". I bought it because of Ballistic Nylon back cover.

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia

And your carrier uses CDMA? Because most European countries eschew that outdated standard. I was in Kiev for two weeks a few years ago, in summer 2005 soon after the Orange Revolution but I didn't use a cell phone. I was volunteering at an orphanage.

Mobile

There are several companies serving cellular connection in Ukraine:

GSM: Kyivstar GSM, MTC (former UMC), Djuice, Jeans, Beeline, Life :)
CDMA: CDMA Ukraine, Intertelecom, PEOPLE Net, U'TEL (Ukrtelecom)

The Italian guy posting the question doesn't use CDMA or he wouldn't be wanting to convert it to XT1225...

Most people buying the XT1254 don't even know about the other Quarks because Verizon lied so convincingly to the media that this device was "exclusive" to Verizon worldwide. It was never exclusive -- not even in the U.S. (XT1250 has same FCC ID) --and was one of two Quarks released to a few countries.

People in Europe were buying the XT1254 Droid Turbo even when the bootloader was locked down, when they would have been much better with the XT1225 Moto Maxx/Moto Turbo instead. These were people who had no use for CDMA, just needed HSPA and LTE.

For most people, the XT1225 is the better choice as it's easily rooted (for free), has more LTE and HSPA bands. Regrettably none have the LTE band 20 which is used a lot in Europe.

XT1225 only comes in Ballistic Nylon -- which is really ballistic nylon + kevlar underneath. Yes, it's BOTH. Whereas Kevlar version is kevlar ony.
XT1225 only comes in 64GB internal storage, which is why prices have remained higher. XT1254 comes in both 32GB/64GB and most people go cheaper with the 32GB version.

Last edited:

blacksn

Sep 22, 2011
Lutsk
I use it with GSM, but we also have CDMA, Droid Turbo doesnt allow to use CDMA as NV item, only with RUIM. Thats because I use only GSM on this device. If hardware is the same, why no one cant unlock xt1254's radio to flash it with moto maxx radio. I bought it because only used Droid Turbo is selling here.

Last edited: