Can I get some of the benefits of rooting without rooting?

Search This thread

bobdanger

Jan 5, 2017
This is probably a dumb question but, is there anyway to get some of the benefits of a rooted phone without rooting. I have a Galaxy S7 SM-G930T with T-Mobile as my carrier and I haven't been able to find what seems like a trustworthy guide for rooting it. I've never rooted before which is why I'm hesitant. Is there any way to get some of the perks of a rooted phone without rooting it? Better yet, does anyone have a trustworthy guide for rooting this phone they could share?

Chelonee

Jul 4, 2013
I used to root my phone the moment I got it. The S7 is the first one I didn't root, because you really can get (almost) all the nice things without actually rooting the device. :)
The important ones for me are:
  • Good Lock - changes the apparence more to the stock android look. But that might not be for everyone. You can find it in the Galaxy App Store.
  • EZ Disabler - you can disable apps you don't want. I disabled the Gear VR App and some other ones. But be careful with what you disable.
  • Disconnect Pro - this one was free for a while, you can find it in the Galaxy Apps Store. It disables ads on your phone, very very helpful. I rooted my other phones to get AdAway running, but Disconnect Pro does the same job without rooting. A free alternative would be "Adhell", but I didn't try it myself.

Reactions: bobdanger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used to root my phone the moment I got it. The S7 is the first one I didn't root, because you really can get (almost) all the nice things without actually rooting the device. :)
    The important ones for me are:
    • Good Lock - changes the apparence more to the stock android look. But that might not be for everyone. You can find it in the Galaxy App Store.
    • EZ Disabler - you can disable apps you don't want. I disabled the Gear VR App and some other ones. But be careful with what you disable.
    • Disconnect Pro - this one was free for a while, you can find it in the Galaxy Apps Store. It disables ads on your phone, very very helpful. I rooted my other phones to get AdAway running, but Disconnect Pro does the same job without rooting. A free alternative would be "Adhell", but I didn't try it myself.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone