• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Can I install a custom ROM for the Mi 10 on the Mi 11?

Can I install a custom ROM for the Mi 10/8 on the Mi 11?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

guitarjorge24

Mar 16, 2015
I have a Mi 11 and I want to replace MIUI 12 with something else because it performs really bad on rhythm games like BangDream and Project Sekai (lag, stutter, FPS drop).

I'm interested in the LineageOS PixelExperience ROMs. However, they only have released ROMs for the Mi 8 and Mi 10 but not Mi 11.

Once I have TWRP on my Mi 11, can I install one of the ROMs that was made for the Mi 8 or Mi 10?

If I can, will there be any issues?

guitarjorge24

Mar 16, 2015
Yes, I'm really tired of MIUI lag and stutter on rhythm games. I've put up with it on Redmi Note 3 and on the Mi 8 for years. I finally upgraded to Mi 11 thinking that even with MIUI's bad performance on rhythm games, the Snapdragon 888 would be enough to run the games without FPS drop and stutter but that wasn't the case.

So yeah, at this point I'm willing to try anything if it means I can use something that is not MIUI.

I dont know if phones are like PCs. I've installed Linux, Windows, and even MacOS on the same PC I built with custom hardware so I dont yet know of a reason why this wouldn't work with phones.

Do you have a reason to believe it won't work? What's so unique about a Mi 8 ROM compared to a Mi 11 ROM?

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
I have a Mi 11 and I want to replace MIUI 12 with something else because it performs really bad on rhythm games like BangDream and Project Sekai (lag, stutter, FPS drop).

I'm interested in the LineageOS PixelExperience ROMs. However, they only have released ROMs for the Mi 8 and Mi 10 but not Mi 11.

Once I have TWRP on my Mi 11, can I install one of the ROMs that was made for the Mi 8 or Mi 10?

A ROM is not changing your shoes man... Before asking your question, you already know the answer... NO

Install a custom ROM like Lineage & PixelExperience or waiting MIUI 13.... YES
But actually there no custom roms AOSP available and MIUI 13 is scheduled for october.

Reactions: pittrich

guitarjorge24

Mar 16, 2015
A ROM is not changing your shoes man... Before asking your question, you already know the answer... NO

But actually there no custom roms AOSP available and MIUI 13 is scheduled for october.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know MIUI 13 was coming so soon. When MIUI 13 is released, will there be custom ROMs available for the Mi 11?

or why did you say to wait until MIUI 13 is released?

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Thanks for the info. I didn't know MIUI 13 was coming so soon. When MIUI 13 is released, will there be custom ROMs available for the Mi 11?

or why did you say to wait until MIUI 13 is released?

MIUI 13 deserve to waiting because he will based on Android 12. And for custom roms, just wait, device is not old and less expensive... so maybe some builder/modder will working on. LineageOS is bootable from few days, so if an AOSP base is available, with TWRP recovery in addition, a lot of ROMS should be available in the next months

guitarjorge24

Mar 16, 2015
MIUI 13 deserve to waiting because he will based on Android 12. And for custom roms, just wait, device is not old and less expensive... so maybe some builder/modder will working on. LineageOS is bootable from few days, so if an AOSP base is available, with TWRP recovery in addition, a lot of ROMS should be available in the next months

I see, it's good to know there will likely be ROMS available soon :D

What did you mean by "LineageOS is bootable from few days" ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you serious?