Can I lower the screen brightness for the Oneplus 3?

Search This thread

dasacom

Jul 29, 2007
Hello Together,
at night, when i am reading in bed or surfing with chrome the display is too bright.
Is there a app or tweak to reduce the minimum screen brightness?
I would prefer not to use an app with a filter overlay. It should really reduce the brightness.

I have read about such an feature with ElementalX Kernel. It did not worked so I changed to stock again.

THANK YOU,

dpryor88

Nov 4, 2015
San Pedro
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 4
Hello Together,
at night, when i am reading in bed or surfing with chrome the display is too bright.
Is there a app or tweak to reduce the minimum screen brightness?
I would prefer not to use an app with a filter overlay. It should really reduce the brightness.

I have read about such an feature with ElementalX Kernel. It did not worked so I changed to stock again.

THANK YOU,

Just disable adaptive brightness and adjust it manually to your liking.

dasacom

Jul 29, 2007
Thanks for your ideas.

Manual brightness lowest setting is no difference.

And i installed f.lux. I do Not like the settings.

Are there further ideas/possibilities?

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
What did not work with elementalx?

Did you install the kernel correctly and enable the backlight dimmer option? Works for me

nook-color

Mar 31, 2011
Try Twilight app

I found an app on Google Play called " TWILIGHT

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.lux

You set the time of day for the phone to dim - early in the morning and late at night. It dims the screen but also shades more reds on the screen as it's better for your eyes before sleep to decrease the bright lights. Been using it for 6 months and I like it. Occasionally - I get a warning of "screen overlay" when I'm using sime new apps that modify phone settings, but you can pause the app to modify settings - and reactivate the Twilight.

Give it a try..