• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Can i "Screen Mirroring" from galaxy s3 to sony smart tv

Search This thread

fantasylovevn

Sep 22, 2005
I have Sony smart TV that already hav Screen mirroring function & Galaxy S3(running on WanamLite XXUFME7 V7.1 Android 4.2.2 Aroma & Clean & Smooth)
Can i "Screen Mirroring" from galaxy s3 to sony smart tv. I've use Screen Mirrroring from s3 Settings.but it told me "unable to start screen mirroring because of a hardware issue"
what 's problem here???
//srry for my bad English :)

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011

nukysh

Dec 8, 2013
Italy
Hi, maybe it's too late for an useful answer, but... the "Screen Mirroring" works on Sony TVs, and without the all-share cast dongle!
I have a Sony W6 (2013), connected via WiFi.
With stock rom 4.3 just connect the S3 to the same network, turn on screen mirroring on the phone and the Screen Mirroring should star automatically! ;)

But screen mirroring doesn't work with a modded rom, in that case will appear the message "unable to start screen mirroring because of a hardware issue". Maybe the flash counter must be "0"... I don't know if there's a way to use this functionality with a modded rom. :confused: