Can I turn off the damned "Ok Google" splash banner?

Search This thread

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Google must think we are idiots. They force us to look at that stupid "Ok Google" banner every time the watch enters bright mode - as if we somehow forgot the magic words since the last 300 times we said them.

Is there a hack to turn this off? Thanks in advance.

RoosW

Jan 3, 2012
Ok, just figured this out i think.

You can permanently disable the "Ok Google" banner by clicking the fob, saying "Ok Google", then clicking it again to dim. Repeat this 5 times and the "Ok Google" banner should permanently disable. I guess Google figures we have it figured out by then. :)

Change your watchface, and it appears again :( There is no way to get permanently rid of this blight!

Reactions: Almskov

Rosch89

Jun 1, 2009
Kellyville Ridge, Sydney
If clicking it doesn't work just use the OK Google command for some random searches about 5-6 times and it will definitely not appear anymore after you've done so. Had the same issue initially but found it disappeared after a few uses.

RoosW

Jan 3, 2012
I have had it reappear twice now (went away after one 'ok google') while i have followed the instructions, not a clue why it did, the last time it just was there when i pulled the watch from the charging cradle..

rmx36

Aug 1, 2014
There are some external watchface apps where you can take it out if you're into those at all.

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
It is a cue for saying OK Google...
Do random searches 5 times by saying OK Google..(OK Google.. What's the weather..) Let it finish searching each time.. It will be gone... It will reappear if you reset your watch or after a new update... Do some Search 5 times again

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk 2

RoosW

Jan 3, 2012
It is a cue for saying OK Google...
Do random searches 5 times by saying OK Google..(OK Google.. What's the weather..) Let it finish searching each time.. It will be gone... It will reappear if you reset your watch or after a new update... Do some Search 5 times again

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, did that, following the method described somewhere on the first page of this thread, i was assured it would be gone, over and done with, and would not even reappear after a reboot, but it does, kinda random, and always gone for a few days when i 'Ok Google' once.
But it should not happen as i have done the 5 times and such!

fg

Aug 3, 2006
I have had it reappear twice now (went away after one 'ok google') while i have followed the instructions, not a clue why it did, the last time it just was there when i pulled the watch from the charging cradle..

I've had it also reappear (and disappear on it's own) a few times the last 2 weeks. No idea what the trigger is it was gone after the last update for at least 3 weeks before it came back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can permanently disable the "Ok Google" banner by clicking the fob, saying "Ok Google", then clicking it again to dim. Repeat this 5 times and the "Ok Google" banner should permanently disable. I guess Google figures we have it figured out by then. :)
    Change your watchface, and it appears again :( There is no way to get permanently rid of this blight!

Not correct. If you follow my method the banner will never come back. Changing watchfaces has no effect, at least under 5.01.