can i unlock the hero

Search This thread

HacKage

May 6, 2006
Can you please link me to where the thread is for the custom rom to unlock it is, i had a quick look but cant see it.

HacKage

May 6, 2006
It worked!!!! I can;t believe it tbh, but my original code worked fine.Thanks for all the help guys!

CharlieUK

Oct 21, 2009
London
Hackage can't help you at the moment just about to go to bed typing this from my Hero :)! I'll try and do a vid for it tomorrow. It's not that hard bit the terminology is a bit crazy.

I'm using just the default Hero ROM not a custom one that the other guys are using.

HacKage

May 6, 2006
I got it working using the MoDaCo ROM 2.8. I was wanting to flash it to this anyhow once I got it going.I'm just surprised that it worked at all, after being told Orange had their own codes installed.Ah well!

ferraripassion

Jun 19, 2008
www.htccode.com
I got it working using the MoDaCo ROM 2.8. I was wanting to flash it to this anyhow once I got it going.I'm just surprised that it worked at all, after being told Orange had their own codes installed.Ah well!

The only providers who change their codes are TMN Portugual, KPN Netherlands, All South American Networks, A1 Austria....
But for Android phones they do not change the code, the codes from the database and the provider database will be the same.

supermobile

Sep 22, 2009
how would an HTC Hero unlock code take so long??

just wondering how come you guys are taking so long just to obtain a hero unlock code?? i run my own shop to unlock htc phones. you get the code within the hour, as long as i am not out for lunch or sleeping like a log in bed...

check out my shop guys!!! I can do it for just about a tenner.
Gadget_International
Ebay Shop: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/gadget_international

Customer Service Channels:-
Email & MSN: World_Gadgets@hotmail.co.uk
Yahoo Messenger: Gadget_International@yahoo.co.uk
Google Talk: Gadget.International@googlemail.com

p.s. email is the best way to get answers!!

kind regards
Gadget_international

HacKage

May 6, 2006
It's funny, you post on here saying you have an unlock shop and can provide the unlock codes for HTC, basically trying to get business, yet on another thread you are asking what ROM you need to flash a phone with to get it unlocked.No offence, but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to give my money to someone saying they can provide the unlock code, yet can't unlock their own handset

Ppinochio

Oct 26, 2009
Hey guys, just a very quick question to clear my mind

I have Htc Hero locked to UK Orange. I had the unlock code from thephoneunlockers.com but it didn't really work ( when I entered the code, it said the phone is unlocked successfully but on the screen there was a big red X on the network received ). I have read through the whole thread and really confusing of what I should do now . Whether I should buy another unlock code from htccode and then install a custom room or I can use my unlock code from thephonelockers.com and install a custom room ?

Btw, I have updated my room to 2.73.61.5 from Orange. Does it make any difference ?

Thanks a lot !

HacKage

May 6, 2006
If you have already entered the code, lets you get onto the homescreen but doesn't give you a signal, I wouldn't think you need another code.How did you get the phone i.e. is there any chance that the phone could be blacklisted for any reason?

I don't guess theres any harm in flashing the custom ROM if you know what your doing and try that, but I would be wary of spending more money on the phone if there is a chance it could be blacklisted

Ppinochio

Oct 26, 2009
Thanks for ur reply, HacKage I bought it on Amazon, not really sure if the phone is blacklisted. How can I check if my phone is blacklisted ?

supermobile

Sep 22, 2009
It's funny, you post on here saying you have an unlock shop and can provide the unlock codes for HTC, basically trying to get business, yet on another thread you are asking what ROM you need to flash a phone with to get it unlocked.No offence, but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to give my money to someone saying they can provide the unlock code, yet can't unlock their own handset

ah... looks like you cant tell the difference between a techie and a bossie...
i am the techie; the one who asked the question was the bossie... she's on her own when i am enjoying my holiday in the spain villa. no offence. if people keep getting crapy service, why wont they give others a try? i am not ashamed to tell people of my service if i do provide it better than those others maty!!

there are so many sites that people post up here. check out how many are genuinely tell the story. or is it simply a way of presentation? just to tempt people to try those sites? or... if ever you say i am only selling my business, who would NOT have guessed: - hummm... he may be just a competitor to supermobile, and is just trying to get the business off supermobile's hands?? cheeky!! and oooohhhhh !!! no offence!! i am just saying, giving bad comments before you see the full picture is not a responsible behavior on this forum... take care maty...

Last edited:

HacKage

May 6, 2006
what the hell are you on about?! I know there are many many sites that basically con people and will happily take money off people.I also know there are a few people, who single handedly have 3-4 websites all doing the same thing, flooding the market.

As far as trying to take business off...pfff.I am not on here trying to get anything off anyone, or give anything to anyone.I was mearly pointing out that you had posted on another thread that you were asking how to unlock a handset you couldn't get to unlock.That post was made 5mins after your post on this thread offering to sell codes to people.

You say I can't tell the difference between techie n boss.When 2 posts are made by the same username within 5 mins of each other, how many other people would automatically asume that they were posted by the same person.I was mearly pointing out that in one post you were offering unlocking codes, and in another, you were asking how to unlock a handset you couldn't unlock.If you can't get your own handset unlocked, it doesn't exactly give a good image that you are the person to buy codes from...

irishandrew

Jun 12, 2007
@Ppinochio

Many of Orange UK's recent phones are CID locked, in addition to the standard network lock. My own was the same - the unlock code did not work, and produced the red x without ever registering on my network (vodafone). Orange refused to supply an unlock code despite having had an account with them for years without using the phone with them for a minimum of 3 months (seriously, this is pathetic, I have had much better experiences with Voda, O2 and T-Mobile regarding unlocking).

There is a solution - you need to unlock the CID, but to do this you need to access your phone using a USB-serial cable (there are instructions on instructables for making this) and accessing the phone through a terminal on your PC (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=559806).

After doing this I had SuperCID and my phone was network unlock *enabled* - it still required the code I had previously purchased, only this time it worked :) It may be that this is not the case with some, and the network unlock will work without the code, but if you already have it then it's not an issue.

Oh and generally as the code is generated from the IMEI, it will be the same regardless of what website you purchase it from - at least that is my experience.

Incidentally if you are anywhere near the midlands, I can unlock your phone for you - PM me to sort something out. Otherwise the instructions are in the linked thread above, and the parts needed can be found in the replies to it from cool components.

Oh and I should mention that the ROM makes no difference (at least to these Orange locked hero's) - my phone was rooted and running a custom (MoDaCo) ROM before I ever unlocked it.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Hey guys, just a very quick question to clear my mind

I have Htc Hero locked to UK Orange. I had the unlock code from thephoneunlockers.com but it didn't really work ( when I entered the code, it said the phone is unlocked successfully but on the screen there was a big red X on the network received ).
Thanks a lot !