• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Can I upgrade LE2125 from single to dual SIM?

Search This thread

gopalag1

Jan 2, 2016
I have the USA version of Oneplus 9 pro LE2125. This came with single SIM tray but I bought dual SIM tray from ebay. Can I upgrade the software to unlock the 2nd SIM? I read in some forums that we can but I am a complete newbee so please help...
I have done root/adb...etc before but it's been a while...so I am comfortable.

sefai77

Nov 3, 2010
i was ask this oneplus support for you, you cant use dual sim just with sim apparatus. Because your phone is hardware single sim.

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
The hardware itself supports it as long as you purchased a dual SIM tray. However, there's no easy way to accomplish it from a software side at this point. A couple of people have said it works in certain custom ROMs, though others can't reproduce with the same ROMs. Some people have accomplished it using a complex and somewhat risky process of flashing modems and other steps that are unclear (search the forum and proceed at your own risk). Most of us are holding out hope for a more reliable and transparent method in OOS12 or custom ROM.

Reactions: Samuel Holland

Shooter7889

Mar 24, 2019
FLORENCE
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
I've never messed with trying dual sim.. But on open beta 2 this is in oneplus logkit settings(*#*#4636#*#*). It can be toggled on and off. I don't have dual tray to see if it will work or not. Dsds(dual sim dual standby)
Screenshot_2021-11-24-17-57-38-34_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg

Reactions: Samuel Holland

rmendez011

Interesting, mine doesn't show "Enable DSDS" where yours does (and the keypad code still doesn't work). I have a dual SIM tray and a second SIM, but OB3 still just shows one.
Yea I had the Enable DSDS in Open Beta 2, but in Open Beta 3 it's gone. It might be back in Open Beta 4.

Also I'm a different person from the earlier post, I'm only letting you know where to get the *#*#4636#*#*, you open the app I told you to install, then press Method 2 (Android 11).

Reactions: terlynn4

rmendez011

Interesting, mine doesn't show "Enable DSDS" where yours does (and the keypad code still doesn't work). I have a dual SIM tray and a second SIM, but OB3 still just shows one.
You wanna know why they removed the Enable DSDS in that weird LE2125.11.C36 update? That was because it was the stable update, they released the Stable update and it's the same build number, makes sense why they removed it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've put a dual sim tray in mine and after I upgraded to OS12 open Beta it shows 2 sims. I haven't tried 2 sims simultaneously, but I did try it on both sides.
    The hardware itself supports it as long as you purchased a dual SIM tray. However, there's no easy way to accomplish it from a software side at this point. A couple of people have said it works in certain custom ROMs, though others can't reproduce with the same ROMs. Some people have accomplished it using a complex and somewhat risky process of flashing modems and other steps that are unclear (search the forum and proceed at your own risk). Most of us are holding out hope for a more reliable and transparent method in OOS12 or custom ROM.
    I've never messed with trying dual sim.. But on open beta 2 this is in oneplus logkit settings(*#*#4636#*#*). It can be toggled on and off. I don't have dual tray to see if it will work or not. Dsds(dual sim dual standby)
    Screenshot_2021-11-24-17-57-38-34_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg
    I'm curious if anyone has flashed the modem from beta 2 on an Android 11 ROM and got dual SIM functionality
    Okay I tried flashing it and it made my phone fail to boot, luckily I was able to reflash the old modem and it's working again