Can i use a One M8 vibration motor for my HTC One M9?

Search This thread

thekkk

Apr 28, 2012
My vibration motor of the HTC One M9 only works sporadicaly, I don't want to send it to HTC because that takes about 2-3 weeks. I want to replace the vibration motor by myself, but I can't find an online shop that sells a M9 vibration motor, only found one for M7 and M8.

Now the question is, can I use a M7 or M8 vibration motor and build this into my M9?

jaytv

Jul 24, 2007
I know it's a different part, according to ifixit.com. May be able to jury-rig it, but I wouldn't. What I would do, and this fixed my M9 vibration motor, is go into dialer, enter *#*#3424#*#*, and use the HTC Testing App to test the motor. Sit there for about a half hour running the vibration test with the device plugged in, and touching the screen to prevent time outs when needed.
This fixed mine perfectly. Works great now.

kire.htc

Aug 5, 2010
My vibrator motor also died and i can't find new one for m9. I found one vibrator from m8 but i am not sure if that one was new (the guy who sold me told me that its new). I just need to cut the connector and it fits and work, but vibration was too weak. So maybe that vibrator wasnt in good condition.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

thekkk

Apr 28, 2012
It's maybe a different part, but I guess basically every vibration motor in a smartphone works with the same connector cables. I also tried the diagnostic report, but it really seems that a connectino seems lost, maybe it's not a bad unit of vibrator. I will check this when I open the phone
@kire.htc that means basically it worked, did you tried another unit? or maybe a M7 vibrator? Because I think I've heard that the M8 had a less intense vibration than the M9

kire.htc

Aug 5, 2010
You cant use connector because m9 doesnt have connector on vibrator motor. I didnt try another motor from m8 or m7.

thekkk

Apr 28, 2012
You cant use connector because m9 doesnt have connector on vibrator motor. I didnt try another motor from m8 or m7.

Yes the M9 has not the same connection type. Just cutting off the connector from the vibration motor and soldering the cables to the daughterboard.

So you use it now with the weak vibration motor and are you satisfied more or less with it? I guess I'll go for this option also

kire.htc

Aug 5, 2010
No. Vibration was very low. It was not good at all. After few days i buy genuine part from the dealer.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I have M8 + M9 and M8 vibration is weaker, FWIW.

I would think however that if it works it is better than nothing?

maybe?

my .02 cents

:)

thekkk

Apr 28, 2012
Yeah sure, that are my thoughts also. Because now I don't get any vibrations at all - never. Maybe I'll also try the M7 and M8 vibration motor to see which one works better