Can i use sprint v50 on tmobile?

Search This thread

toodyloo

Aug 23, 2020
No carrier wants to deal with this phone, not even lg, sprint or t-mobile. They all want to pass the buck to the other and offload this phone to suckers who would buy it. Due to this merger, this phone is a POS.

It only has limited functionality with all carriers (including sprint) and the only other best option is a possible upgrade from LG through warranty service or a discount on an upgrade or change of phone through t-mobile but unlikely.

No carrier is addressing this phone that fell through the cracks or any other sprint phone acquired during the merger with t-mobile. Most carriers haven't even heard of this phone or have no experience or knowledge so unhelpful.

• Sad
Reactions: Carapace

Carapace

Mar 7, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
No carrier wants to deal with this phone, not even lg, sprint or t-mobile. They all want to pass the buck to the other and offload this phone to suckers who would buy it. Due to this merger, this phone is a POS.

It only has limited functionality with all carriers (including sprint) and the only other best option is a possible upgrade from LG through warranty service or a discount on an upgrade or change of phone through t-mobile but unlikely.

No carrier is addressing this phone that fell through the cracks or any other sprint phone acquired during the merger with t-mobile. Most carriers haven't even heard of this phone or have no experience or knowledge so unhelpful.

Why would T-Mobile cripple the Sprint LMV450PM V50 model after acquiring Sprint? Seems hostile and doesn't make sense. Are we sure this really true?

en11gma

Jan 18, 2013
i have been following this real close with t-mobile.

we had bought two used lg v50 off ebay almost 2 years ago (they are sprint version).
we used them with metropcs for over a year and volte worked great (no 5g in this area at that time).
we then moved our phones to t-mobile because they said if they worked with metropcs they would work with t-mobile so we moved em.
for the last 5 months dealing with t-mobile has been a living hell.
inching us along through countless hours of tech support and customer care and supervisors and managers and several follow ups.
we finally got 5g in our area a couple months ago and our phones still dont work with volte.
they only offered a $100 one time credit.
we told them several times this is a bait and switch but they dont care.
whenever we send/receive a sms/mms or call or receive call it drops down to 3g network and then when you finish it goes back to 5g.
soon 3g will be gone then what?
when we came to them we didnt get any kind of a promo because our phones were good. 5g, 128GB storage, 6GB ram, 6.4" screen and huge battery.....why would we want a contract???
anyhow they only want us to sign our lives away for 2 years and we dont qualify for any promos because we are not new customers.

just saying im my own personal opinion they are a CRAP company.
so now im looking on ebay and craigs for some phone that im going to have to pay out of pocket just because there is no volte.
lg should unlock all bootloaders to all phones since they going out of business.
anyhow very very frustrated.

if anyone knows a way to get volte working as it should i would pay a little bit of money.
we have two lg v50 that we would need this done too.
we are on latest firmware so i know that makes it more difficult.

trasixes

Mar 7, 2011
So I'm on a T-mobile MVNO, and my Sprint V50 is working fine. Does this mean volte is working?

I can make/receive calls, and texts - data also works.

trasixes

Mar 7, 2011
Do you have any icons at the top of the screen for LTE and VoLTE?
4G/LTE symbols, no VoLTE symbol, though. Internet worked during an active call. The phone app also said HD+ voice, or similar. Maybe my understanding was incorrect, but I thought non-volte phones won't function on T-Mo's network?

Carapace

Mar 7, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
4G/LTE symbols, no VoLTE symbol, though. Internet worked during an active call. The phone app also said HD+ voice, or similar. Maybe my understanding was incorrect, but I thought non-volte phones won't function on T-Mo's network?
No, Tmo still has access for non-VoLTE phones. My current phone uses 3G on Tmo and lacks 4G altogether. But come October 2021 Tmo plans to shut down their 3G network. I don't think that will affect you because you have an LTE connection which means you're at least on their 4G network. You might have to do some more investigation on the VoLTE concern.

When I was looking to buy the V50 I passed on it because of warnings about Tmo and VoLTE compatibility. This was mentioned on Slickdeals when the phone went on sale from an eBay merchant.

Reactions: trasixes

trasixes

Mar 7, 2011
No, Tmo still has access for non-VoLTE phones. My current phone uses 3G on Tmo and lacks 4G altogether. But come October 2021 Tmo plans to shut down their 3G network. I don't think that will affect you because you have an LTE connection which means you're at least on their 4G network. You might have to do some more investigation on the VoLTE concern.

When I was looking to buy the V50 I passed on it because of warnings about Tmo and VoLTE compatibility. This was mentioned on Slickdeals when the phone went on sale from an eBay merchant.
Ahh great, tyvm for the info.

Reactions: Carapace

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thinking of buying a sprint v50. Will unlocked sprint version work on tmobile?

I suggest you to go for the Korean model if it's not working. Just make sure to check lte bands for compatibility.
    Then go for it. But be sure to be Sim unlocked and lte bands accepted. The Korean sells for 800$ on eBay. Also can be flashed with European firmware and supports secondary screen. Imo has better quality also software aside. Noticed with LG G7... If you got better deal then go for it.
    Now....... finally, some good news and this took a bit of doing. To start off with I originally tried an old Fi sim card I had to port out of Sprint after those scumbags unlocked my V50. I kept getting a T077 error during the Google Fi activation process and Fi support just kept telling me that the V50 wasn't a supported device and they couldn’t help. I told them I thought it was a bad sim card so they suggest I pick up a new one at Best Buy. So, after a trip down to Best Buy I found out that they rarely have Fi cards in stock so I picked up a Simple Mobile (tmob mvno) sim for a buck and the port/activation sort of worked in that I successfully ported my number from Sprint and I was able to make calls and get data but couldn't receive/send pictures (MMS) in text. So, I said screw it and order another Fi Sim card thru the Google site and waited a week. I got it yesterday late and tried it this morning and crap it didn't work with the same activation error, T077. I have been scouring the internet for days for any info the error code and somewhere along the way I remember seeing something about taking the mvno card out and then putting the Fi card in and trying to activate without rebooting the phone. Now remember this is really all about not being able to edit the APN record with the correct DNS info so you can receive MMS picture by text. Anyway, after slipping in the FI sim card to my V50 the activation process suddenly squeaked on thru and low and behold I'm now running on Google Fi with MMS working and APN record is correctly updated the Fi info. I think the reason it worked was that the activation process thought I was a Tmob customer. When it asked me for account info to port my existing number to GFI the dialog screen show things like.... Enter your T-Mobile account number and asked what was the name on my T-Mobile account. But for whatever reason it worked and now I'm finally free of Sprint.

It worked for me but your mileage may very.
    I got better results by doing the following:

*#*#SCRTN#*#*

Also, by making sure the Apn is correct.

Service depends on where you live. Texts may not go through due to loss of service.

What I did was request for the TMobile signal booster at home and my phone works on 3G networks (phone calls) and data works with everything else.

Try to factory reset to see if the issue still persists.

Are you on the updated Android 10?

I would update and then factory reset since it's recommended anyway to reset on big updates.
    Just ACTIVATED my unlocked Sprint V50 on the new Tmob prepay $25/5gigs of data plan ($27.65 with tax) which includes 5G service. Yes I know that Sprint 5G service is practically non-existent but per the latest news the Tmob/Sprint closing will be tomorrow. Thank God Sprint will finally be NO MORE. I had to do it in a Tmob company store but they kicked back the $10 charge for the sim card. I'm hoping for some band 41 service here in South Florida by the end of the year. Either way, this is a great deal considering Sprint's been charging $70 plus even if there wasn't 5G service available. BTW, I finally have RCS Chat for the first time. I never could get it running on Google Fi.