Question Can i use the u1 firmware on xfinity locked variant?

Search This thread

junevtec

Aug 10, 2010
Can i use the u1 firmware on xfinity locked variant and have the network unlock code appear?

NateH38654

Jan 1, 2022
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I to have a sm-f926u and would like to unlock from xfinity. Any info on this. I've been burned three times by different unlocking services. I've came here to search what I can do and what's available. Please help.

pTeronaut

May 28, 2012
Lafayette, IN
I to have a sm-f926u and would like to unlock from xfinity. Any info on this. I've been burned three times by different unlocking services. I've came here to search what I can do and what's available. Please help.
You don't need a 3rd party unlock service if your Xfinity Mobile phone is paid in full, and have had the phone for over one month.
https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/how-to-unlock-android-phone
You can request an unlock from them via online chat, although it is better if you go to the store and get the code from them, for the reason below.

Long story made shorter, the unlock code that Xfinity provided for my Note 9 did not work, so I went to the store, and they used the 'Unfreeze' code (which is supposed to reset the unlock code entry counter, as the phone is permanently locked to the carrier after 3 incorrect attempts) which removed the SIM lock. I didn't use the unlock code on my Wife's Note 9, instead opting to use the Unfreeze code that I asked the agent at the store to provide instead.