• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Can Not Seem to Root, Help Please?

Search This thread

Clueless One

Jan 27, 2013
Like the title says, I can not seem to root my phone. I have read just about every guide on the forum and have reinstalled my windows LG drivers multiple times, but nothing bears fruit. Every time it says something around "fail to copy," or "permission denied," things of that sort. Maybe I haven't installed something as it's my first time trying to root. Any help on this problem would be much appreciated.

PS, I'm on ICS 4.0.4, in case that matters.

Fuzzypumper

Jan 16, 2013
Boston
Like the title says, I can not seem to root my phone. I have read just about every guide on the forum and have reinstalled my windows LG drivers multiple times, but nothing bears fruit. Every time it says something around "fail to copy," or "permission denied," things of that sort. Maybe I haven't installed something as it's my first time trying to root. Any help on this problem would be much appreciated.

I'm pretty new to all this too, and I used Hereric's unbricking guide:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2044645

I got through it successfully in one try. It should work if you use only the files included in the zip file and follow the instructions carefully.

Try it out again if you already have, and if you have any problems post 'em in this thread and I'll try to help.

Good luck!

Reactions: Clueless One

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm pretty new to all this too, and I used Hereric's unbricking guide:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2044645

I got through it successfully in one try. It should work if you use only the files included in the zip file and follow the instructions carefully.

Try it out again if you already have, and if you have any problems post 'em in this thread and I'll try to help.

Good luck!