Question Can someone build CalyxOS for Poco F4?

Search This thread
H

mm, interesting. I may give it a go probably.
More interested in Grapheneos though
Actually even I was thinking of graphene os but saw this -Why graphene os can't be build & Is there grapheneos compatible device possible with off the shelf hardware like raspberry pi?

There has been an attempt to build grapheneos for an OnePlus device but i remember the project got stopped as they could not really build it and there are people who have successfully build calyxos for poco devices for example poco X3 pro

Ah, it's sad.
So I will try for Calyx os then for sure.
You can join my group for more updates
-- Edit: group link removed
Actually even I was thinking of graphene os but saw this -Why graphene os can't be build & Is there grapheneos compatible device possible with off the shelf hardware like raspberry pi?

There has been an attempt to build grapheneos for an OnePlus device but i remember the project got stopped as they could not really build it and there are people who have successfully build calyxos for poco devices for example poco X3 pro

Last edited:
GraphenOS will be awsome brother!
I wish I could be possible because few people did try to port/build grapheneos but they failed to do it.

Btw there's also an option rather than building calyxos or grapheneos, i heard sebaubuntu(dev) is going to release lineageos soon so if he releases the vanilla build which he probably would of he's going to release it officially, we could install microg, f-droid, aurora store, signal, we do have to root out devices for it though

Vega56

I have only installed the vanilla version, and in this it looks like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221212-161902_Apps.png
    Screenshot_20221212-161902_Apps.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 135
One good update for the people who wanted to de-google their phone (not really)

One of f4's respected developers 'masarou' is building lineageos 20.0 for munch
and will release a vanilla build of it as soon it gets stable, when the build gets released you guys can install vanilla build of it and then can install
* microg for secure google services experience
* Aurora Store, fdroid for app downloads
* Briar for messaging
* Orbot for enhancing security
* Bromite, Tor Browser for browsing

Reactions: Zapalot
I'm not familiar with CalyxOS, but for those who want the AOSP experience sans Google, you can run an AOSP GSI. The packages with "GMS" in the title have Gapps; they do have some Vanilla flavors available as well.
Basically calyxos is an rom which is based on security the rom is fully de-googled so that Google can't spy on you and many more useful security features which you won't get in other roms you could search it on Google/YouTube and know what it is in depth

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Basically calyxos is an rom which is based on security the rom is fully de-googled so that Google can't spy on you and many more useful security features which you won't get in other roms you could search it on Google/YouTube and know what it is in depth
It seems like you could get this from a bare vanilla AOSP build, such as the Android Continuous Integration builds. These are pure AOSP - no Google anything added.

Top Liked Posts