• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Can Someone Develop a custom kernel for CM 11.

Search This thread

piku 123

Jan 11, 2013
Plz Someone can develop a custom kernel for CM 11. Its most stable android version and sadly no developer is interested for building custom kernel for CM 11.

Cheez2553

Jan 7, 2011
Reggio Emilia
Why is KK more stable?There tons of MM and LP ROMs that are way better than KK.

Also without updated source of CM11 Kernel it's impossible to develop one kernel. I already tried and wifi didn't work.

Inviato dal mio condor utilizzando Tapatalk

piku 123

Jan 11, 2013
Why is KK more stable?There tons of MM and LP ROMs that are way better than KK.

Also without updated source of CM11 Kernel it's impossible to develop one kernel. I already tried and wifi didn't work.

Inviato dal mio condor utilizzando Tapatalk

LP and MM both suffers for mobile active radio bug.Also kitkat takes less storage space and faster than LP and MM ROMs.

Cheez2553

Jan 7, 2011
Reggio Emilia
LP and MM both suffers for mobile active radio bug.Also kitkat takes less storage space and faster than LP and MM ROMs.
Mobile active radio bug has been fixed.
And tbh KK is slower compared to LP and MM on my side.

For the storage you're right,but on MM you can use SD as Internal which works pretty good.

piku 123

Jan 11, 2013
Mobile active radio bug has been fixed.
And tbh KK is slower compared to LP and MM on my side.

For the storage you're right,but on MM you can use SD as Internal which works pretty good.

No its not fixed i was using 2G on AOSP CAF and battery was draining very fast and i feel my phone was overheating.Do you know which CM 11 nightly works perfectly with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e/orig-development/kernel-phantom-kernel-r1-t2848868/page9 kernel I am willing to downgrade if i can get wifi working.

Last edited:

Cheez2553

Jan 7, 2011
Reggio Emilia
No its not fixed i was using 2G on AOSP CAF and battery was draining very fast and i feel my phone was overheating.Do you know which CM 11 nightly works perfectly with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e/orig-development/kernel-phantom-kernel-r1-t2848868/page9 kernel I am willing to downgrade if i can get wifi working.
I've tried all of them and none works...don't know what to suggest to you sorry.

Anyways i can't see the issues you're talking about,the battery is pretty good with AOSP-CAF + Clarity :

918f453421017a7622a8c5d1c080ff26.jpg

08061aa194fee5bb28283dca01fcdf7b.jpg

-z3r0-

Dec 18, 2015

Just telling that I was using Minimal Os + Clarity kernel. Battery used to last x2 more than any kk rom.

Overheating in moto e is mainly caused due to display so either if you use kk or lp it'll heat.

piku 123

Jan 11, 2013
Just telling that I was using Minimal Os + Clarity kernel. Battery used to last x2 more than any kk rom.

Overheating in moto e is mainly caused due to display so either if you use kk or lp it'll heat.

Battery was draining fast and phone was heating i think modem was causing this overheating issue mobile active radio bug keeps modem always wake even if application do not use internet thus draining battery.

-z3r0-

Dec 18, 2015
Battery was draining fast and phone was heating i think modem was causing this overheating issue mobile active radio bug keeps modem always wake even if application do not use internet thus draining battery.

That bug was supposed to be fixed in Marshmallow, isn't it?

Can your post screenshots ?