• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

can someone guide me that how to root samsung A51 (SM-A515F)?

Search This thread

DoobyDroid

Mar 17, 2013
tenbury wells
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ota Updates seem Slow still dec security ?
Not good enough samsung I take it its going to be Quarterly updated device would be nice if they at least update to fix BT cutt Outs and other niggling issues , Personally I've ordered the A71 and this will be donated to the wife , should score me some browny points [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Invisible_diamond

May 13, 2020
That's a shame, thanks for verifying!
I fixed this, you can watch this tutorial

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

I fixed and rooted my a515f without vbmeta error without eft pro, watch this tutorial inshaallah fixed root....

Invisible_diamond

May 13, 2020
So TWRP is coming soon. To root you need to wait for TWRP because there are 2 vbmetas
Vbmeta.img
Vbmeta_samsung.img

Vbmeta.img can be patched to allow magisk to work but Vbmeta_samsung.img cannot. To fix this you need to install a signed TWRP image with special keys. @geiti94 will sign his TWRP image to work with vbmeta_samsung.img

Hope this cleares all of your thoughts. Thank samsung for making this so complicated.
watch this tutorial

Reactions: m0000 and YOisuPU

Neroza

Jun 11, 2020
Can anyone confirm if this tutorial is working without those vbmeta error? Im using a stock firmware in Philippines. Android 10 and One UI 2.0

It is not working, after installing firmware, checking OEM and usb debug is enabled to wiping data before flashing AP boot.tar will got an error custom Binary blocked by FRP lock.

Jan 6, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21
It is not working, after installing firmware, checking OEM and usb debug is enabled to wiping data before flashing AP boot.tar will got an error custom Binary blocked by FRP lock.

It worked for me, I had already updated to latest firmware so I followed all the steps other than the first bit about manually flashing the newest firmware. Did everything else though and it worked beautifully, I've now got Magisk installed and I can run AdAway and SD Maid again, so I'm happy now :D

Neroza

Jun 11, 2020
It worked for me, I had already updated to latest firmware so I followed all the steps other than the first bit about manually flashing the newest firmware. Did everything else though and it worked beautifully, I've now got Magisk installed and I can run AdAway and SD Maid again, so I'm happy now :D

I followed the steps, stuck on wipe data/factory data reset then flashing ap boot.tar it shows custom binary blocked by frp lock. I think the bootloader will lock again after doing wipe data on recovery mode

Top Liked Posts