can someone guide me that how to root samsung A51 (SM-A515F)?

Search This thread

guufaan

Feb 20, 2015
It's not rootabel a the moment

I fixed this, you can watch this tutorial

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

I fixed and rooted my a515f without vbmeta error without eft pro, watch this tutorial inshaallah fixed root....
[/QUOT

Tryed also to root the boot.img from a binary 3 combination rom, nothing work's only to unlock the bootloader, seems that we have to wait for pro Dev to get it right, and be pleased for the afford it'll make to do .. chears

hagar006

Aug 18, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

I fixed and rooted my a515f without vbmeta error without eft pro, watch this tutorial inshaallah fixed root....
[/QUOT

Tryed also to root the boot.img from a binary 3 combination rom, nothing work's only to unlock the bootloader, seems that we have to wait for pro Dev to get it right, and be pleased for the afford it'll make to do .. chears
The video tutorial by @Invisible_diamond (kudos) worked fine for me.. Rooted and happy :eek:

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

[/QUOT

The video tutorial by @Invisible_diamond (kudos) worked fine for me.. Rooted and happy :eek:

tiptel170

Jul 29, 2009
Felnatix
I made it likes in the video above, but it will not work. See the image.
And the boot.img first has ca. 60MB and after the patching is this file 30MB large.

Attachments

• 20200715_153024.jpg
    20200715_153024.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

tiptel170

Jul 29, 2009
Felnatix
Update:

System requirements:
- Fedora 32 with current kernel
- VirtualBox 6.1 with USB support
- Windows 7
- ODIN 3.14

Enable Root:
I) On mobile phone
1. carry out firmware update
1.1 Set up device, WITHOUT Google Accounts, WITHOUT security settings, set up WLAN only
1.2 Settings -> Phone info -> Software information -> Build number (press 7x )
1.3 Settings -> developer option -> enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging

2. copy the files from the root directory to the external SD card
2.1 Install MagiskManager
2.2 Starting MagiskManager
2.3 Installing Magisk Select

II) In the Fedora area
3. unpack the boot.img from the AP***.tar, on the PC
3.1 lz4 -d boot.img.lz4 boot.img
3.2 Copy the boot.img to the SD card from the phone

4. patching the boot.img in MagikMager
4.1 Select the boot.img, wait until "Done" appears.
4.2 Then copy the magisk_patch.img to the workstation (Fedora)

5.1 Rename the original boot.img to boot_original.img
5.2 renaming magisk_patch.img to boot.img
5.3 Transfer the new boot.img to the PC for the ODIN or HEIMDALL
5.4 Convert the boot.img to boot.tar: tar -H ustar -c boot.img > boot.tar (here for ODIN)

III) Virtual environment Win7
6.1 Copy the boot.tar from the Fedora workstation to the Odin directory of Win7
6.2 Open the boot.tar in the AP slot, Auto Reboot must be off
6.3 Press Vol + & Vol - simultaneously and plug in the USB cable (On SM-A515F), then click on "Start" in the ODIN.

IV) On the Mobile Phone
7.1 If ready, restart with Vol - & Hold PWR for more than 7 sec
7.2 Putting the device into recovery mode (switch off, press vol up and pwr simultaneously, Samsunglog appears, release pwr again)
7.3 Wipe your data: Wiped data/factury reset

Note: Device makes a boot loop for the first time - is normal. The first start takes quite long, be patient!

7.4 Settings -> Phone info -> Software information -> Build number (press 7x )
7.5 Settings -> Developer option -> Enable OEM unlock, USB debugging and system auto update to OFF
7.6 Installing and starting MagiskManger

The device will restart once!

Check it: Whether root is present
Fedora workstation:
Call Terminal, enter adb shell followed by su

If everything went well, the MagiskManager should answer the phone and ask for authorization.

These steps works well with the firmware: SM-A515F R58N60BLPAZ

Where are the exactly steps for installing the TWRP?
I has installed the TWRP-10.0(A51).zip with the heimdall and the phone will not booting. And I'm not entering the TWRP. And finally I has reinstalled the revcovery.img (heimdall) from the APxxxx.zip file, and the phone starting normally.

All things with the AOSP10 etc, I has tried and the other steps for an alternative system will not work on this phone.

Thanks God, the root is now working. And I have to work with the ugly Samsung system.

tiptel170

Jul 29, 2009
Felnatix
In summary:
For the device A515F (AP: A515FXXU3BTF4, CP: A515FXXU3BTE7, CSC: A515FOXM3BTF4, Model: SM-A515F/DSN) works, only the rooting. Look at the last post from me.
The custom roms and the TWRP, dose not works - in finally it ends in an bootloop or vbmeta signature error etc ...

And what the f****, the Google-Apps and the Samsung Apps are unable to uninstall. This is tuns me crazy, an company said "you have to use this apps". This is my phone, and I will use my apps. I would like uninstall the bloat apps and the other thinks from this phone.

Has anybody, an idea how I can uninstalled. My idea was, make the
Code:
/system
/vendor
in the fstab from ro to rw. But in this case, the partitions are mounted readable!
Okay, the second step:
1. I do install an Terminal-emulator.
2. type su
3. mount -o rw,remount /vendor
3.1 mount -o rw,remount /
4. cd /system/priv-app
5. rm -rf Bixby

It will not erased this app. Nothing is happened.

Top Liked Posts