Question Can someone help me with rooting my note 10 pro?

Search This thread

Bilalbilly87

Aug 10, 2022
I'm new here on this site and idk if I'm doing I correctly but I need help with it. I'm a noob to rooting and Twrp stuff. I have unlocked my bootloader and have tried to watch videos about rooting and read articles but I couldn't understand. That's why I am posting this thread. Could someone explain things to me in the most simple way and how can I avoid bootloops or stuff like that if I come across one. I'd appreciate it very much.

Elinx

Jan 5, 2015
Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Because you are a starter, I advice to follow the guide exactly.
If you flash a lower version of Magisk, you always can update afterwards with Magisk manager

You haven't said what the reason is for root.
If you want to flash custom rom, you need Twrp or OrangeFox too
That is also done with ADB

In case of Magisk you patch the original boot.img
(that is why you need an original stock boot.img. Keep a copy for revert back)

Reactions: Bilalbilly87

Bilalbilly87

Aug 10, 2022
If you flash a lower version of Magisk, you always can update afterwards with Magisk manager

Im following the guide that you have given the link for. And by update do you mean I can install new updates of the phone (because I know after rooting you can't or won't receive updates) or do you mean magisk by it? Well I want to modify and tweak with my Phone appearance and install some modules. For now Im not going for custom roms. Since I just want to root my phone for now, could you please tell me what do you mean by original stock boot.img? Because I have downloaded and extracted the rom contents that i have in my phone (following the guide). I know I am asking too much, sorry
p.s. what would you like to suggest me to use the latest version of magisk or some old version?

Elinx

Jan 5, 2015
Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I mean update of Magisk.
The older versions are working with the same modules till v23
From v24 Magisk has another base (zygisk) and you need other modules
So decide which modules you need for which Magisk version, before flashing

Inside the stock rom you find boot.img and recovery.img (these are replaced by magisk.img and twrp.img)
If something goes wrong you can flash these original images back with ADB and you have stock Miui without root again and can start again with clean sheets.

Bilalbilly87

Aug 10, 2022
I mean update of Magisk.

Inside the stock rom you find boot.img and recovery.img (these are replaced by magisk.img and twrp.img)
If something goes wrong you can flash these original images back with ADB and you have stock Miui without root again and can start again with clean sheets.
Thank you alot. Its really helpful to me. Also I just checked that I do not have the recovery.img but the boot.img

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 18

Elinx

Jan 5, 2015
Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Thank you alot. Its really helpful to me. Also I just checked that I do not have the recovery.img but the boot.img
If you only flash Magisk you only need boot.img

I see now what you mean
Normally inside the stock fastboot rom you find all partition images, but you recognize only the boot.img

Boot.img is one of them, also recovery.img is one of about 13 partitions.
Be sure to double check the version. It must be exactly the same as what you have now on the phone.

Last edited:

Bilalbilly87

Aug 10, 2022

I see now what you mean
Normally inside the stock fastboot rom you find all partition images, but you recognize only the boot.img

Be sure to double check the version. It must be exactly the same as what you have now on the phone.
I have installed Twrp and Magisk As well. I was able to install some modules but with some modules I'm having this problem and I don't quite understand why. I downloaded it from GitHub like the zip file and after flashing.
Screenshot_2022-08-11-18-14-45-791_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg

Reactions: Elinx

Bilalbilly87

Aug 10, 2022
Congrats with flashing Twrp and magisk

I understand you speak about Magisk modules?
As I said before, ckeck carefully for which Magisk version the module can be flashed
v.xx t/m v. 23 or v24 t/m 25.3 (zygisk)
Thank you for helping me. Actually i was having problem with flashing the modules, because the contents are in the zip file in a folder and they need to be outside of any folder meaning all those files need to be in the zip instead of being in a folder in the zip. I'm good to go as i checked and its installing now.

Reactions: Elinx

MehtabMad

Jul 17, 2022
Laptapper, one thing is happening to my RN10P
I have Lineage Os
I have flashed your vantom kernel
Using magisk in it
Problem is my phone is heating after kernel install, i checked cpu clock speed
when i changed min* clock speed to 300 it always reset back to max
i.e. 2304Mhz min and @2304Mhz max.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Laptapper, one thing is happening to my RN10P
I have Lineage Os
I have flashed your vantom kernel
Using magisk in it
Problem is my phone is heating after kernel install, i checked cpu clock speed
when i changed min* clock speed to 300 it always reset back to max
i.e. 2304Mhz min and @2304Mhz max.

For me not.
Clean install? With format data yes?
Which kernel vantom latest?
If yes, try the lineage os original kernel again.

Bilalbilly87

Aug 10, 2022
Sorry for late reply. Everything has been working okay with modules altho i didnt install alot of them but a few. So i guess there weren't enough modules which provided me any customization for Miui 13 because i had the wrong concept. Now i want to take it a step further, i want to flash a custom rom. I have looked and searched. Have decided to go for either Pixel Exp A12 or AncientOS A12 (It has alot of customizations). Now i want to ask you a few questions that i have in mind.

1) Should I flash Custom Rom through Twrp?
2) If so, do i need to flash that Dm verity file (because when I installed twrp in my stock rom which im still using rn, they told us to do that to avoid bootloop and to keep Twrp permanent so do i also need to do it with custom rom?
3) And if its safe to flash through Twrp, Could you please tell me how to (through twrp if its safe)?
4) Which Rom should i go for? Pixel or AncientOs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think it is best to start with reading the "HowTo" guides

I mean update of Magisk.

I see now what you mean