• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Can Someone Please Help Me.

Search This thread

Son Rise

Sep 8, 2009
So I Have A Galaxy S9 Plus Sm-G965U. I've Tried So Many Unkocked S9 Plus Firmwares For My Phone. Idk If I Need The Right One... I Have Xfinitymobile. But I'm Running My Verizon SimCard On It. Can Someone Help Me Get The Right Unlocked Firmware? & I've Been Using The Patched Odin.. For The Life Of Me I Can't Get It To Work. Always Geting Failed In Odin. Anyways This Is What I'm On
Btw do Is it cuz need the latest update? I'm ob G965UOYN3ARG8 right now

Last edited:

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
Snapdragon based phones can't be unlocked/rooted. I believe your only option is the non carrier specific firmware for the phone. If you're trying to network unlock it, Xfinity can supply an unlock code if the phone is paid off.

Son Rise

Sep 8, 2009
Snapdragon based phones can't be unlocked/rooted. I believe your only option is the non carrier specific firmware for the phone. If you're trying to network unlock it, Xfinity can supply an unlock code if the phone is paid off.
The phone is unlocked . I remember having a galaxy s9 plus with Verizon then I flashed the U1 Firmware. Is what I wanna do to this phone. I just don't like the Xfinity boot logo. I prefer to have Samsung logo or Verizon logo. I dont like all the Xfinity apps and all. That are installed on the phone

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

CrazyApe18

Jul 6, 2018
The phone is unlocked . I remember having a galaxy s9 plus with Verizon then I flashed the U1 Firmware. Is what I wanna do to this phone. I just don't like the Xfinity boot logo. I prefer to have Samsung logo or Verizon logo. I dont like all the Xfinity apps and all. That are installed on the phone

Assuming you are using the correct version of Odin (3.13.1 3B patched), then the main possibility is that you're trying to flash unlocked firmware that has an older bootloader than what you have. It's not possible to do this. You're on ARG8, which is bootloader 3. The latest published unlocked firmware has bootloader 2, so it won't work.

Now if you use the search feature, you'll be able to find U1 firmware which is 3ARG7. You can flash to that, but there is no HOME_CSC, so you will be forced to factory reset. Make a good backup in Smart Switch first! The good news is that you should have done a factory reset when going from U to U1 anyway.

More good news: Normally, when flashing to unlocked firmware, you'd lose Wi-Fi Calling. But this new unreleased unlocked firmware actually has it.

scottusa2008

Nov 30, 2008
I dont want the Xfinity logo on the boot startup. I rather have the Samsung one. I tried flashing the Verizon carrier. Got all the Verizon but the Xfinity logo and apps were still there[emoji19]

You might not have flashed the CSC_OMC_OYM and instead used the home_csc (or didn't use one at all)... Home_CSC keeps all your apps and the carrier apps intact, the other does not.

In your case it might be worth trying the U1 firmware instead of the carrier specific firmware. The U1 firmware is from the unlocked galaxy s9+ so it will be the most generically compatible, minus the carrier apps. Flash the CSC_OMC_OYM so that it gets rid of anything that was previously present from Xfinity... I did this process with my Sprint phone and I have the Samsung boot logo (instead of Sprint's) as well as none of the carrier apps.

Though if none of this works and you still see the unwanted boot logo then unless you want too root your device (and your phone is one of the models that can be rooted) what you ask will not be possible.

Last edited: