Question Can someone upload the G100 global ROM, please?

Search This thread
So are the network bands all the same across models sold in different countries or are there hardware differences, the reason I ask is I'm in the uk and amazon EU have the gray model for £100 less than everywhere else I believe its a German model, however some users in Argentina say they have only single sim but might only be a different sim tray (I only need 1 sim but stated that fact because there is "some " differences.

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
So are the network bands all the same across models sold in different countries or are there hardware differences, the reason I ask is I'm in the uk and amazon EU have the gray model for £100 less than everywhere else I believe its a German model, however some users in Argentina say they have only single sim but might only be a different sim tray (I only need 1 sim but stated that fact because there is "some " differences.
Firmwares are available on lolinet.

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
Don't need to unlock bootloader to flash different software channel. Converted reteu model to retus no problem.
Screenshot_20211009-112604.png
Screenshot_20211009-112540.png

GoldLeeco2

Jul 16, 2016
I'm reading this thread and I'm seeing people bricking their Chinese rom phones just trying to install Google, when the solution is so simple.
I'm from Canada and I bought the Chinese factory rom Edge S from Aliexpress. After fiddling around for a couple of days trying to sign in to Google, finally got it to work.
Apparently all you have to do is go to: Settings > System > Advanced > turn on Google.
That's it! Google Play Store and all Google apps work (except Chrome won't install from the Play Store - no problem, just use Firefox).
Phone works great. Using it on Shaw LTE (shaw doesn't have 5G, so can't try that out).
If all you want is Gapps, there's absolutely no need to root your phone, unlock boot loader, or install any other rom and risk NFC functionality or bricking your phone.

Reactions: GeniusTechman20

chemicalboyxda

Oct 22, 2010
Hi, i have to convert my edge s cnrom to eurom sucessfully because some apps didnt work very well. My job apps didnt work, for example microsoft portal company.
I think the problem that we have all is when new ota is release we have to fully flash the rom with fastboot and erase. I think that because its bootloader unlocked, Software Channel still RETCN and Model and Hw is Motorola Edge S.
With nokia 7 plus if you change some system files with root activated the phone can fully convert to Eu or US with ota and locked bootloader.
I thougth that maybe with this phone can do the same.

GoldLeeco2

Jul 16, 2016
Hi, i have to convert my edge s cnrom to eurom sucessfully because some apps didnt work very well. My job apps didnt work, for example microsoft portal company.
I think the problem that we have all is when new ota is release we have to fully flash the rom with fastboot and erase. I think that because its bootloader unlocked, Software Channel still RETCN and Model and Hw is Motorola Edge S.
With nokia 7 plus if you change some system files with root activated the phone can fully convert to Eu or US with ota and locked bootloader.
I thougth that maybe with this phone can do the same.
I'm glad you were able to successfully change to the EUrom and your apps are working.
I was just trying to inform people who wanted Google apps but were not aware of how easy it was.
I've had no problems what so ever with my CNrom phone so far. I deleted most of the Chinese apps, installed Google apps. NFC and Google pay works. Recently got updates for the camera and everything is working fine.
overall, I'm happy with the phone so far.

chemicalboyxda

Oct 22, 2010
I'm glad you were able to successfully change to the EUrom and your apps are working.
I was just trying to inform people who wanted Google apps but were not aware of how easy it was.
I've had no problems what so ever with my CNrom phone so far. I deleted most of the Chinese apps, installed Google apps. NFC and Google pay works. Recently got updates for the camera and everything is working fine.
overall, I'm happy with the phone so far.
Yes Man i already do the enable Google apps ok china rom but my work apps didnt work.
Now is other phone.
The problem with china rom Is the config for Many apps that chinese people cant use. For example WhatsApp AND other that you have to go to device shield for enable background running, automatic start AND disable battery saving.
The best of cnrom Is that Is More newer than eu AND us

GoldLeeco2

Jul 16, 2016
Yes, I initially had that problem with WhatsApp not giving timely notifications, until I enabled background running. Once you figure out what the issue is, you realise that most apps are configurable this way, and you can turn certain features on or off.

mnr823

May 2, 2011
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Hey, how did you change software channel?

I want to chance mine from retcn to retbr, but even flashing a retbr ROM, it still locked in retcn channel.
You need to download the
Hey, how did you change software channel?

I want to chance mine from retcn to retbr, but even flashing a retbr ROM, it still locked in retcn channel.
You cant change the software channel. You will need to update manually when one is available.

Ar3ohdee

Mar 31, 2009
Seattle
Hi all, just to clarify/simplify what everyone is talking about...I have the Motorola Edge S and want to flash the Motorola G100 firmware, is this possible?

Basically I got everything working, except Android auto...and I need it for work.

Thanks for any consolidated info you might have.

danilocps87

Hi all, just to clarify/simplify what everyone is talking about...I have the Motorola Edge S and want to flash the Motorola G100 firmware, is this possible?

Basically I got everything working, except Android auto...and I need it for work.

Thanks for any consolidated info you might have.
Yes, you can. All you need is download G100 firmware and flash it trought fastboot.

I recommend you use RETCA rom, it's the best global for performance.

But, using G100 roms, you can't use OTAs updates.

Reactions: sd_shadow

Top Liked Posts