Can someone with chinese Mate 40 Pro version please test this GMS installation

Search This thread

chortya

Jan 20, 2005
LG V60 ThinQ
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
This video claims GMS installation on Mate 40 Pro and uses similar method as Googlefier (local backup restore, LZPlay, patched MicroG). It did not work for me. Not sure if this is just click bait or if there is a difference between international and chinese version of Mate 40 Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReOU...annel=JohnWang

I have an international Mate 40 Pro (Germany).
I am getting an error message when I start LZPlay and it's not asking for permissions.

daxter125

Oct 14, 2013
Afaik there is no Possible way for now to Install GMS on EMUI 11 Devices. I also have a International Mate 40 Pro and i love it besides that i can't use 3 of my Apps which i need from time to time. I hope someone finds a way pretty soon :)

O

oWisHo

Search the following video in Youtube:

Step 1
Mate 40 pro安装谷歌商店最新教程(Mate40 pro GMS install Tutorial 2020/11/03

Step 2
华为mate40 pro手机解决谷歌商店保护机制弹窗问题(3分钟搞定)

it works on chinese version. emuii 11

daxter125

Oct 14, 2013
I've found an App which gives you GMS on the Mate 40 Pro, although its more of a Virtual Machine you run on your Mate 40 Pro so it's not as Snappy like the Phone itself but it works. So if you need to do some Banking or use one of thoose E-Scooter Apps it'll do the Job just right.

Basically you just need to Install the VMOS Pro apk, and boot the Android 7.1 System Enable the Google Services in the Settings, restarting the App and you're good to go.

https://www.vmos.com/

Notice: Gpay also doesn't work with this Method

daxter125

Oct 14, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201114_122124_com.vmos.gbi.jpg
    Screenshot_20201114_122124_com.vmos.gbi.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20201114_122138_com.vmos.gbi.jpg
    Screenshot_20201114_122138_com.vmos.gbi.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 108

chortya

Jan 20, 2005
LG V60 ThinQ
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Does anyone with some Android technical background understand why? I have a feeling 99% of the community is just waiting for something to happen without even trying things out and even wanting to understand what's happening under the hood...
I would be happy to debug things but just need a hint where to look/start.
Is there any info what LZplay exactly did? Did Huawei leave stubs for GMS in the system partition and LZplay leveraged escalated device administrator rights to do things?

chortya

Jan 20, 2005
LG V60 ThinQ
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
https://medium.com/@topjohnwu/huawe...oor-to-reinstall-google-services-c3a5dd71a7cd

Good article at least for my own education. So no stubs but undocumented API. I guess Huawei removed those in international firmware of Mate 40 just to comply more with Google legal ban. But in China they feel more comfortable and left those in. What a mess based on geopolitics...

MDM SDK is available, the question is if Huawei will even approve the apk signing with speficic calls...

https://developer.huawei.com/consumer/cn/doc/overview/System_Documents

Last edited:

luisvalino

• Feb 11, 2011
    Hi to everyone.

I have a Mate 30 Pro 5G LIO-AN00, it's a Chinese device with EMUI 11 updated. I have got it since december, 2019 with Google services working nice ... but 2 days ago I make a mistake so I lost my Google Services.

I followed twice videos of John Wang and at the previous video of him I followed you all the steps RIGHT and at the end of the video I received a lot of Google notifications that my device is not certified.

Then I followed to him at second video in order to delete Google notifications step by step but at the end Google notifications continues ... :( .... What can I do ???

Before this I reset my Mate 30 Pro and I started from 0. I only use WiFi network, not SIM card .... but it's impossible to delete Google notifications ... :crying: :crying: :crying:

Any advice, please ??

Thank you so much in advance !!!!

Lagann888

Nov 5, 2020
    Tested on my mate 40 rs

Wow, that is awesome !! GMS on a chinese mate 40 RS. Thanks for sharing. I do have a few questions.

1. Where are you using the device? Are you in the USA geographically?

2. Are there any problems with sending and receiving group texts? i.e. Do you ever get a problem where you message on a group text, but the message arrives to the group members individually instead of in the group? I had this problem when i was using a chinese find x2 pro in the US on Tmobile, otherwise it worked perfectly

3. does google assistant "hey google" and google news feed work?

Thanks a bunch!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      You don't need to do the virtual machine bs at all. I was able to get google play services working natively following John Wang's tutorial. I plan on updating my xda post with a proper tutorial if enough people want it.
      Have some one tried to install chinese firmware in huawei mate 40 pro international version or is it possible to install chinese software available in firmware finder app...
      May be lzplay app works then....