Can someone with chinese Mate 40 Pro version please test this GMS installation

Search This thread

r_crusoe

Jan 26, 2012
I read everywhere that Google goes on the Chinese version of the Mate 40 Pro because the Huawei have left a back door for mobiles sold in their own country. I think this is a mistake because the use of Google is banned in China.

I would rather have someone translate it into understandably simple English, because we would also like a working Chinese solution!:good:

Last edited:

luisvalino

Feb 11, 2011
I read everywhere that Google goes on the Chinese version of the Mate 40 Pro because the Huawei have left a back door for mobiles sold in their own country. I think this is a mistake because the use of Google is banned in China.

I would rather have someone translate it into understandably simple English, because we would also like a working Chinese solution!:good:

Currently, I have a Chinese Mate 30 Pro 5G LIO-AN00 with EMUI 11 updated.
I tried to install GMS following the steps from de YouTube's video posted here.
All was good ... but at the end the Google notifications showing a message "Your device is not certified" don't stop showing me.

This is the only issue I have it. I'm not sure if Google closed this "back door" you typed at last post ... :crying:
Is there anyone here with a Mate 40 or a Mate 30 Pro with EMUI 11 who has recently managed to install the GMS?

kj1206

Oct 18, 2012
Currently, I have a Chinese Mate 30 Pro 5G LIO-AN00 with EMUI 11 updated.
I tried to install GMS following the steps from de YouTube's video posted here.
All was good ... but at the end the Google notifications showing a message "Your device is not certified" don't stop showing me.

This is the only issue I have it. I'm not sure if Google closed this "back door" you typed at last post ... :crying:
Is there anyone here with a Mate 40 or a Mate 30 Pro with EMUI 11 who has recently managed to install the GMS?

you mean you keep getting pop up notifications on top something like "google play services requires some action"

try this video might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzeYQ9YHVI

luisvalino

Feb 11, 2011
you mean you keep getting pop up notifications on top something like "google play services requires some action"

try this video might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzeYQ9YHVI

Thanks, I know this video because it's the same way that manages Eloy Gomez in Spanish ... but I can't do it because no works on EMUI 11 ... in fact I can't install BackUp's apk because Huawei system show me a message that this app does exist and I have to uninstall it in order to install twice but I can't find it.

Eloy Gomez said to me that this method no works on EMUI 11.

bandiere2000

Apr 30, 2011
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Thanks, I know this video because it's the same way that manages Eloy Gomez in Spanish ... but I can't do it because no works on EMUI 11 ... in fact I can't install BackUp's apk because Huawei system show me a message that this app does exist and I have to uninstall it in order to install twice but I can't find it.

Eloy Gomez said to me that this method no works on EMUI 11.

downgrade to 10.1 and then use eloygomez method... and after installing gms services, update firmware yo emui 11...

dennis nai

Oct 22, 2014
beijing
Huawei Mate X2
Hi to everyone.

I have a Mate 30 Pro 5G LIO-AN00, it's a Chinese device with EMUI 11 updated. I have got it since december, 2019 with Google services working nice ... but 2 days ago I make a mistake so I lost my Google Services.

I followed twice videos of John Wang and at the previous video of him I followed you all the steps RIGHT and at the end of the video I received a lot of Google notifications that my device is not certified.

Then I followed to him at second video in order to delete Google notifications step by step but at the end Google notifications continues ... :( .... What can I do ???

Before this I reset my Mate 30 Pro and I started from 0. I only use WiFi network, not SIM card .... but it's impossible to delete Google notifications ... :crying: :crying: :crying:

Any advice, please ??

Thank you so much in advance !!!!
Try factory reset ,I do have a mate 30 Porsche too and I had it side loaded with GMS last year with just lzplay.i did a factory reset as I was passing the phone to my son so I use John Wang method since its emui 11.works fine

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Wow, that is awesome !! GMS on a chinese mate 40 RS. Thanks for sharing. I do have a few questions.

1. Where are you using the device? Are you in the USA geographically?

2. Are there any problems with sending and receiving group texts? i.e. Do you ever get a problem where you message on a group text, but the message arrives to the group members individually instead of in the group? I had this problem when i was using a chinese find x2 pro in the US on Tmobile, otherwise it worked perfectly

3. does google assistant "hey google" and google news feed work?

Thanks a bunch!
1.base in china but use in Hong Kong too
2.use WhatsApp and WeChat without any problem
3.Google assistant works flawlessly

Last edited:

luisvalino

Feb 11, 2011
Try factory reset ,I do have a mate 30 Porsche too and I had it side loaded with GMS last year with just lzplay.i did a factory reset as I was passing the phone to my son so I use John Wang method since its emui 11.works fine

I did it !!!! I downgrade to EMUI 10.1 by HiSuite and then it was easy !!! :D:D

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

Could you please stay on topic and not confuse other users with instructions for Mate 30?

Sorry !!! :(

cfk

Mar 8, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I have a Mate 40 Pro, model NOH-AN00, EMUI build 11.0.0.125 bought in China, it seems that the EMIU 11 with build 11.0.0.120 or below works to install GMS. As I tried several ways to install at mine. As per John Wang's youtube I saw in the comments that he upgrade a week ago to build 11.0.0.120 and there is still no solution for it.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

dennis nai

Oct 22, 2014
beijing
Huawei Mate X2
Hi Everyone,

I have a Mate 40 Pro, model NOH-AN00, EMUI build 11.0.0.125 bought in China, it seems that the EMIU 11 with build 11.0.0.120 or below works to install GMS. As I tried several ways to install at mine. As per John Wang's youtube I saw in the comments that he upgrade a week ago to build 11.0.0.120 and there is still no solution for it.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------
My mate 40 rs is NOP-AN00 with 11.0.0.130 and it still works

tonylopez78

Nov 19, 2020
How is that software version? And where did you get the RS from? I need it's camera

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

1.base in china but use in Hong Kong too
2.use WhatsApp and WeChat without any problem
3.Google assistant works flawlessly

Your mate 30 pro is Chinese version with Emui 11?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You don't need to do the virtual machine bs at all. I was able to get google play services working natively following John Wang's tutorial. I plan on updating my xda post with a proper tutorial if enough people want it.
    Have some one tried to install chinese firmware in huawei mate 40 pro international version or is it possible to install chinese software available in firmware finder app...
    May be lzplay app works then....
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone