Question can Spen option cause screen flickring?

Search This thread

znayver

Jun 16, 2014
Hello friends
i have S21 ultra exynos version, when i turn on Spen option in setting the top off screen is start to flickring (Small white horizontal lines difficult to see easily with the eye but it is visible when i focusing vision) its like vibrations when we bring a metal object closer to an old TV screen.
when i turn off the spen setting the screen its become normal
so any one can confirm that for me its normal that i see this or not? tnx in advance

znayver

Jun 16, 2014
I think it needs degaussed🤣
Not normal for Notes. May be a firmware glitch, try at different refresh rates.
Try a hard reboot and clear the system cache.
hahaha 😀 tnk for your answer
i try what you writing :
1: i try 120 hrz and the screen become normal i try my spen and all is normal no flickring after 120 hz
2 : i try to back to 60 hz and the surprise is all is normal all thing is good
3 : i back to 120 hz and i try turn on and off (spen) in setting the screen is norml
4 : i try back to 60 hz and try to turn on and off (spen) the problem is back again but when i put the s pen in the screen the white line is disappear when I pick up the spen the problem is back again(just for 60 hz)
i dont know whats the probleme here my friend

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
i try what you writing :
1: i try 120 hrz and the screen become normal i try my spen and all is normal no flickring after 120 hz
3 : i back to 120 hz and i try turn on and off (spen) in setting the screen is norml
4 : i try back to 60 hz and try to turn on and off (spen) the problem is back again but when i put the s pen in the screen the white line is disappear when I pick up the spen the problem is back again(just for 60 hz)

CRT's were fun. Got shocked more than once.
One time when I was replacing a huge one even though I had discharged it several times to no spark. Capacity memory is scary. Fortunately I didn't drop it, that could've ended up badly.

Sounds like firmware. The variable refresh rate displays are extremely hard to calibrate. It's bad enough trying to color/gamma calibrate at fixed rate display through its brightness range. It's near impossible on variable refresh rate displays.

I would just ignore it unless it gets worse*. If under warranty maybe then otherwise the cure maybe worse than the disease. There maybe other work arounds or use the one you found or the easiest... just ignore it. If it's not a major issues don't go too nuts.

*It's possible the rom got corrupted (single event upset) or one of millions of the transistor or mosfet junctions failed in the mobo or display matrix. Every wonder what happens when one or two fail?

Reactions: znayver

znayver

Jun 16, 2014
One time when I was replacing a huge one even though I had discharged it several times to no spark. Capacity memory is scary. Fortunately I didn't drop it, that could've ended up badly.

Sounds like firmware. The variable refresh rate displays are extremely hard to calibrate. It's bad enough trying to color/gamma calibrate at fixed rate display through its brightness range. It's near impossible on variable refresh rate displays.

I would just ignore it unless it gets worse*. If under warranty maybe then otherwise the cure maybe worse than the disease. There maybe other work arounds or use the one you found or the easiest... just ignore it. If it's not a major issues don't go too nuts.

*It's possible the rom got corrupted (single event upset) or one of millions of the transistor or mosfet junctions failed in the mobo or display matrix. Every wonder what happens when one or two faiso

*It's possible the rom got corrupted (single event upset) or one of millions of the transistor or mosfet junctions failed in the mobo or display matrix. Every wonder what happens when one or two fail?
no my friend i dont have warranty now..but the phone is in a good condition 99% i just bought it last 2 weeks i do a factory reset when i bought it iam at the latest firmware android 12 october security patch.
when i try your solution ..when iam at 120 no probleme at all condition all is good and normal see my old post.
when i switch from 120 to 60 no probleme but if i turn on and off (spen) the probleme is here..i cant describe the screen hhahaha its like when we get close to an old tv and your phone is near to tv and you receive a call the screen start to flickring with horizontal lines..but its not easy to see it you should focus a little bit in the screen

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
no my friend i dont have warranty now..but the phone is in a good condition 99% i just bought it last 2 weeks i do a factory reset when i bought it iam at the latest firmware android 12 october security patch.
when i try your solution ..when iam at 120 no probleme at all condition all is good and normal see my old post.
when i switch from 120 to 60 no probleme but if i turn on and off (spen) the probleme is here..i cant describe the screen hhahaha its like when we get close to an old tv and your phone is near to tv and you receive a call the screen start to flickring with horizontal lines..but its not easy to see it you should focus a little bit in the screen
If you take a screen shot of it:
If it shows on the shot it's the firmware or mobo
If it doesn't show it's the display

Can you return it do a charge back on the card used to buy it?

znayver

Jun 16, 2014

I take screenshot and screen recorder..its not shows...
yes i can change it but he dont have another s21U...iam just asked here to be sure its a display or fimware problem or just a probleme off 120hz and 60 hz and its normal to see it...if all people have this its not a good idea to change my S21U...bcz the problem not appear in 120hz and not appear at 60 hz in some conditions Just like I explained to you ..so i need a friend here to do a test in a same phone at white screen like notes application or messages and at this time i choose my decision to change it or not

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
yes i can change it but he dont have another s21U...iam just asked here to be sure its a display or fimware problem or just a probleme off 120hz and 60 hz and its normal to see it...if all people have this its not a good idea to change my S21U...bcz the problem not appear in 120hz and not appear at 60 hz in some conditions Just like I explained to you ..so i need a friend here to do a test in a same phone at white screen like notes application or messages and at this time i choose my decision to change it or not
It may be the display. The active matrix is packed to the gills with mosfet junctions.

Try some Google searches; it will likely show up on Samsung members forum if it's an issue.
Take an image of it and do a Google image search if possible.

znayver

Jun 16, 2014
It may be the display. The active matrix is packed to the gills with mosfet junctions.

Try some Google searches; it will likely show up on Samsung members forum if it's an issue.
Take an image of it and do a Google image search if possible.
okeey my friend ill try and i post here any news..tnx a lot for your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i try what you writing :
    i try what you writing :