Question Can the a52 5g be rooted?

Search This thread
Jan 30, 2021
until now was not possible. i haven't found any tutorial or someone said successful with A528B. All tutorials are copied inappropriately

rumplebuttskin

Oct 27, 2021
Yes it can, just follow this tutorial.
Any phone can be rooted, as long as you can unlock the bootloader.
Please read the instructions on the page carefully and don't skip any text. All of it is important.

Thanks for this.

I'm stuck, because there is no "OEM unlocking" option visible in Developer Options. Any ideas?
My phone is the Galaxy A52 5G (SM-A526U1), running Android 11.

rumplebuttskin

Oct 27, 2021
Didn't happen to me, but I heard you had to wait one week after connecting your phone to Wi-Fi for the first time ever. How new is your phone?
OK, that could be it -- I've had it for about a week, but I did a factory reset a couple days ago. I'll report back on whether the OEM Unlocking option appears in a few days.

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
Didn't happen to me, but I heard you had to wait one week after connecting your phone to Wi-Fi for the first time ever. How new is your phone?
I have had mine since the end of Sept, and mine does not show OEM unlock period. in Dev options.. Maybe it is because it is a T-Mobile phone, and the fact, the I have only had Dev options enabled for about 4 days...

freecap

Jun 1, 2017
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I have had mine since the end of Sept, and mine does not show OEM unlock period. in Dev options.. Maybe it is because it is a T-Mobile phone, and the fact, the I have only had Dev options enabled for about 4 days...
I don't think unlocking the bootloader of a carrier-locked phone is possible. See this thread. You might have to call T-Mobile and ask them to unlock your phone.
Edit: Also check this thread reply

Last edited:

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx

N0vi3e

Nov 25, 2021
Hi I'm pretty new to this forum, I also need to root my A52s 5G

So, we have someone who has succeeded, in the end, in rooting the a52s 5G ?

Modell info:
SM-A528B/DS
Android version 11
Knox 3.7
API level 33
I see "OEM unlock" option on developer options.
Hope someone helps us with this.

N0vi3e

Nov 25, 2021
Hi I'm pretty new to this forum, I also need to root my A52s 5G

So, we have someone who has succeeded, in the end, in rooting the a52s 5G ?

Modell info:
SM-A528B/DS
Android version 11
Knox 3.7
API level 33
I see "OEM unlock" option on developer options.
Hope someone helps us with this.
The main purpose I want to Root, is that I should be able to install a call recorder, and record calls.
Because in my region "Sweden", call recording is not visible.

Ralegend

Feb 2, 2014
Hello friends.
I also can not root the Samsung M52 5G. Something is missing for rooting those devices. Patched Magisk is not working.

ftaqh

Dec 5, 2021
I rooted it a while ago apologies guys for not pasting it was done via the magisk/odin/patch way camera and everything works

Quimicax

Nov 6, 2012
SantoDomingo
www.google.com

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-150647_Root Checker Basic.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-150647_Root Checker Basic.jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20211129-150713.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-150713.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 96

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
At present time it is just impossible to root the Galaxy A52S 5G - SM-B528B phone and thus to install Magisk !!!

I tried many times with different methods and the result is always just the same = bootloop !

I will try again for a few weeks and if it still doesn't work I will resell this phone !!! :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think unlocking the bootloader of a carrier-locked phone is possible. See this thread. You might have to call T-Mobile and ask them to unlock your phone.
    Edit: Also check this thread reply
    How would you brick it? Please read the guide I linked, it's a very simple process
    Ok thanks!
    1633460750778.png

This is what you care about. This is not a custom ROM, you are literally downloading the stock ROM and patching Magisk on it.
    FINALLY found a way! had to use the canary build 23018 to get it to work!!!!

I guess it is the same app that I'm using in my tutorial I'm using with the Galaxy A52S 5G (SM-A528B) except I proposed 3 variants of the same apps : stub-release, app-release and app-debug... Alongside my thread I also proposed newer variant of the same app, including some other tools... ;)
    What do you mean unbranded? I am going to buy it from Bell and the salesperson said it is unlocked already.

I have no experience at all with US and Canadian phones and I'm even not sure if it is a SM-A528B model, if it's CDMA or GSM model as I can't find any firmware with SM-A528B and XAC CSC.... ^^ So check at your real model is your settings.
    At that point be sure you can find out a firmware for your phone with Frija, Samfrew, or Samfw...

What you can first do is to unlocked your bootloader without rooting it and see if your camera still works.
    If the camera fails then relock your phone by pressing Volume Down when in Download Mode.
    By unlocking or relocking your phone you will lose all your app and data so don't forget to backup everything first !

Then report