• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Can the a52 5g be rooted?

Search This thread

rumplebuttskin

Oct 27, 2021
No "OEM Unlock" option ever appeared in my Developer Options menu. I've had the phone for a couple months. My phone is not carrier-locked, it's an unlocked A52 5G (SM-A526U1).

So, guess I won't be rooting it. Fortunately there's a lot of good no-root options available nowadays for ad-blocking and such, so I've put together a setup I can live with.

koimr

Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
No "OEM Unlock" option ever appeared in my Developer Options menu. I've had the phone for a couple months. My phone is not carrier-locked, it's an unlocked A52 5G (SM-A526U1).

So, guess I won't be rooting it. Fortunately there's a lot of good no-root options available nowadays for ad-blocking and such, so I've put together a setup I can live with.
For blocking ads, you could try setting a private DNS server, like adguard, in your settings.

More info: AdGuard DNS

Personally I use NextDNS, set up on my router and phone, instead of AdGuard just because I like all the various settings and logs. It's paid though whereas AdGuard is not.

N0vi3e

Nov 25, 2021
update:
i managed fix it:
method:
1.buckupp
2.odin
3.flashed india frimware
did not change anything, on home screen.
done

do-tim

Jul 22, 2018
A52s 5G – SM-A528B (DBT), Latest official firmware(A528BXXU1AUK4/ November 1st) here. I went ahead and unlocked the bootloader in dl-mode. After factory reset and first setup the camera stopped working.

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
As I saw many readers with A52S 5G (SM-528B) model asking for root you can follow my tutorial to do it, but be aware this is experimental, you get root but Magisk Hide is missing which means many advanced features won't work such as Samsung Secure Folder, Samsung pay, Google pay, Bank apps, Samsung Health and others...

On the other hand you can protect your privacy, install AdAway, have a phone call recorder and the stock camera is working...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How would you brick it? Please read the guide I linked, it's a very simple process
    Ok thanks!
    1633460750778.png

This is what you care about. This is not a custom ROM, you are literally downloading the stock ROM and patching Magisk on it.
    I have had mine since the end of Sept, and mine does not show OEM unlock period. in Dev options.. Maybe it is because it is a T-Mobile phone, and the fact, the I have only had Dev options enabled for about 4 days...
    I don't think unlocking the bootloader of a carrier-locked phone is possible. See this thread. You might have to call T-Mobile and ask them to unlock your phone.
    Edit: Also check this thread reply