Question Can the a52 5g be rooted?

Search This thread

proza

Sep 18, 2012
Keep this link aside till the next update... ;)

EDIT : I also updated the first page to make things clearer

Will this guide be useful for Canadian version?
I read a thread about not downloading the carrier-locked stock ROM, how can I know which one is not carrier-locked?

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Will this guide be useful for Canadian version?
I read a thread about not downloading the carrier-locked stock ROM, how can I know which one is not carrier-locked?

I'm not sure how to answer to your question as unbranded canadian phone CSC ishould be XAC and all others should be carrier locked.
So the best is to ask the place where you bought your phone if it is an unbranded one or not...

proza

Sep 18, 2012
I'm not sure how to answer to your question as unbranded canadian phone CSC ishould be XAC and all others should be carrier locked.
So the best is to ask the place where you bought your phone if it is an unbranded one or not...
What do you mean unbranded? I am going to buy it from Bell and the salesperson said it is unlocked already.

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
What do you mean unbranded? I am going to buy it from Bell and the salesperson said it is unlocked already.

I have no experience at all with US and Canadian phones and I'm even not sure if it is a SM-A528B model, if it's CDMA or GSM model as I can't find any firmware with SM-A528B and XAC CSC.... ^^ So check at your real model is your settings.
At that point be sure you can find out a firmware for your phone with Frija, Samfrew, or Samfw...

What you can first do is to unlocked your bootloader without rooting it and see if your camera still works.
If the camera fails then relock your phone by pressing Volume Down when in Download Mode.
By unlocking or relocking your phone you will lose all your app and data so don't forget to backup everything first !

Then report

Reactions: greenteaandroid
Jan 30, 2021
Yes it can, just follow this tutorial.
Any phone can be rooted, as long as you can unlock the bootloader.
Please read the instructions on the page carefully and don't skip any text. All of it is important.
không thể root được A52S 5G. tôi đã làm theo mọi hướng dẫn và nó không có cái nào hoạt động

Mod translated by via GT: can't root A52S 5G. i followed every instruction and it doesn't work

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have had mine since the end of Sept, and mine does not show OEM unlock period. in Dev options.. Maybe it is because it is a T-Mobile phone, and the fact, the I have only had Dev options enabled for about 4 days...
    I don't think unlocking the bootloader of a carrier-locked phone is possible. See this thread. You might have to call T-Mobile and ask them to unlock your phone.
    Edit: Also check this thread reply
    How would you brick it? Please read the guide I linked, it's a very simple process
    Ok thanks!
    1633460750778.png

This is what you care about. This is not a custom ROM, you are literally downloading the stock ROM and patching Magisk on it.
    FINALLY found a way! had to use the canary build 23018 to get it to work!!!!

I guess it is the same app that I'm using in my tutorial I'm using with the Galaxy A52S 5G (SM-A528B) except I proposed 3 variants of the same apps : stub-release, app-release and app-debug... Alongside my thread I also proposed newer variant of the same app, including some other tools... ;)

I have no experience at all with US and Canadian phones and I'm even not sure if it is a SM-A528B model, if it's CDMA or GSM model as I can't find any firmware with SM-A528B and XAC CSC.... ^^ So check at your real model is your settings.
    At that point be sure you can find out a firmware for your phone with Frija, Samfrew, or Samfw...

What you can first do is to unlocked your bootloader without rooting it and see if your camera still works.
    If the camera fails then relock your phone by pressing Volume Down when in Download Mode.
    By unlocking or relocking your phone you will lose all your app and data so don't forget to backup everything first !

Then report