Question Can the Chinese version ACE pro to be flashed with the GlobalROM?

Search This thread

Titobibo

May 2, 2018
Back to Oxygen OS after spending a brief day with ColorOS.
Brief Summary - wasn't able to get my banking apps to work and therefore back to Oxygen OS. Had even locked the bootloader. Color OS does offer better performance (around 2% or so) and is evident with benchmark scores (antutu, geekbench 3d mark), however, the bloatware is so pathetic you start to appreciate O2 OS.

For Oxygen OS full rom, use Oxygen Updater from Playstore, select advance option and download the full package instead of incremental
Can you give detailed instructions on how to convert? I need to go back to Color OS

alanzaki073

Mar 3, 2011
Hyderabad
OnePlus 10 Pro
Can you give detailed instructions on how to convert? I need to go back to Color OS
You can use fastboot enhance to get back to color os or oxygen os. Even using fastboot commands you can go back to your rom. I personally used fastboot commands, (I'll be able to share them later) and was able to relock the bootloader in either color os os 02 os.

Reactions: horsecharles

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You can use fastboot enhance to get back to color os or oxygen os. Even using fastboot commands you can go back to your rom. I personally used fastboot commands, (I'll be able to share them later) and was able to relock the bootloader in either color os os 02 os.
Fastboot is way riskier when there isn't an MSM Tool available. Fastboot Enhance has yet to produce a brick to my knowledge when used correctly (deleting the cow partitions before flashing, stopping the process if any warnings come up and looking them up instead of ignoring them, factory reset from fastbootd after the flash before rebooting, etc.,) while sometimes fastboot just fails to flash properly.

alanzaki073

Mar 3, 2011
Hyderabad
OnePlus 10 Pro
Fastboot is way riskier when there isn't an MSM Tool available. Fastboot Enhance has yet to produce a brick to my knowledge when used correctly (deleting the cow partitions before flashing, stopping the process if any warnings come up and looking them up instead of ignoring them, factory reset from fastbootd after the flash before rebooting, etc.,) while sometimes fastboot just fails to flash properly.
I have had issues where certain partitions were not flashed via fastboot enhance that's why I had always used fastboot commands running each of them serially and not running any batch file to complete them. Either should work fine. Even if fastboot commands have any error, just re run them and don't leave it incomplete unless all commands are run.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have had issues where certain partitions were not flashed via fastboot enhance that's why I had always used fastboot commands running each of them serially and not running any batch file to complete them. Either should work fine. Even if fastboot commands have any error, just re run them and don't leave it incomplete unless all commands are run.
I have never heard of FBE failing to flash partitions unless you were trying to move between major Android versions, which will always fail if the partitions have changed. On the flipside though, I've manually fastboot flashed everything, got no errors, and then had my OnePlus 9 reboot to edl mode and have to use the MSM Tool only to turn around and do *exactly* the same thing I did the first time a second time and have it work perfectly so I don't trust fastboot flashing anymore.

chemicalboyxda

Oct 22, 2010
Oneplus Ace Pro recieve ota's after convert and close the bootloader? What is the recommended oxygen rom? EUROPE or India?

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Oberhausen (NRW) Gemany
you can also flash from oxygen to coloros and vice versa via a local update, but the oneplus local Updater.apk for android 12 must be used for this and a line must be changed in the zip (the whole thing works even without an unlocked bootloader)

Reactions: chemicalboyxda

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Oberhausen (NRW) Gemany

gusoldier

Oct 16, 2008

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Oberhausen (NRW) Gemany
But you just said you can do this with local updater.apk? How to do that? What line has to change?
For this you have to open the zip with 7z and edit the payload_properties.txt
The Line;
oplus_update_engine_verify_disable=0
To
oplus_update_engine_verify_disable=1
And save it And move the firmware pack on your Phone ( root folder)
After this you can flash the build with op lokal uodater apk

1) for flash android 12
2) for flash android 13

Attachments

• OPLocalUpdate_For_Android12.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 82
  • OPLocalUpdate_For_Android13.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
Reactions: empty.cad

gusoldier

Oct 16, 2008
The Line;
To

1) for flash android 12
2) for flash android 13

Thanks for instructions. I will try it.

I have downloaded full package 10T rom (version A.06) and I want to downgrade from A.07. Would that be possible this way?

Or do I need a special downgrade zip rom for this? If so, do you know where I can find that?

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Oberhausen (NRW) Gemany
Thanks for instructions. I will try it.

I have downloaded full package 10T rom (version A.06) and I want to downgrade from A.07. Would that be possible this way?

Or do I need a special downgrade zip rom for this? If so, do you know where I can find that?
Nope a downgrade works not
(A downgarde is not allowed)

for a downgrade to work you need an extra downgarde pack (this is only available to go back from oos12 to 11 but not to go back from 12.1 a06 to an old build like 12.1 a05

gusoldier

Oct 16, 2008

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Oberhausen (NRW) Gemany

[email protected]

Oct 22, 2014
The Line;
To

1) for flash android 12
2) for flash android 13
I tried to flash with local update but the update apk could not identify the zip file in the root directory so I had to unlock the bootloader and use the fastboot enhance to flash the ColorOS without problem. Thanks.

kenturky

So anyone here was successful in flashing the Indian/Chinese model of the phone with the EU rom?

I wanna buy the 16/512 version from Aliexpress, but it seems like the custom ROMs will take some time to arrive for the 10T/Ace Pro.

Another reason why I wanna flash the EU rom is because the firmware has the faster modem speeds and more bands compared to the Indian/Chinese version.

The phone is the same. Modem is same too, but in the Indian/Chinese version, the bands are disabled, and modem speed reduced.

Last edited:

Titobibo

May 2, 2018
So anyone here was successful in flashing the Indian/Chinese model of the phone with the EU rom?

I wanna buy the 16/512 version from Aliexpress, but it seems like the custom ROMs will take some time to arrive for the 10T/Ace Pro.

Another reason why I wanna flash the EU rom is because the firmware has the faster modem speeds and more bands compared to the Indian/Chinese version.

The phone is the same. Modem is same too, but in the Indian/Chinese version, the bands are disabled, and modem speed reduced.
i have tried both. not too much difference. EU rom don't have call recording available .

Top Liked Posts