Question Can we have native call recording on EU with Galaxy A52s? SOLVED

Search This thread

jmbnus

Mar 5, 2022
In the EU it isn't legal for OEM's to sell phones with a native call recording feature.

With Huawei phones sold in EU you can install the native call recorder apk from a region where they have this feature and problem solved.

Can we do the same with Samsung phones, or do we need to flash a CSC from a region that has that feature?

PS: I know some 3rd party apps can do the same but I want to use the native app that Samsung.

Last edited:
Reactions: innocentus

jmbnus

Mar 5, 2022
So I managed to do it but it requires flashing files with Odin (but it doesn't trigger knox):

1- My Galaxy A52s had the ROM A528BXXS1BVC2 from PHE region
2- I downloaded with Frija the same ROM A528BXXS1BVC2 (very important) but from a region with call recorder enabled (I chose XID from Indonesia)
3- I flashed with Odin only the HOME_CSC file in the CSC file option (I didn't flash anything else)

Flashed successfully and call recording now appears in the Phone app settings. No factory reset needed

CONS:
I'm getting some notifications from app Samsung Gifts Indonesia (but the app can be disabled)
I get an additional Samsung Pay app, which is a different version than the one I had already before

raffybest94V01

Aug 19, 2013
Italy
So I managed to do it but it requires flashing files with Odin (but it doesn't trigger knox):

2- I downloaded with Frija the same ROM A528BXXS1BVC2 (very important) but from a region with call recorder enabled (I chose XID from Indonesia)
3- I flashed with Odin only the HOME_CSC file in the CSC file option (I didn't flash anything else)

Flashed successfully and call recording now appears in the Phone app settings. No factory reset needed

CONS:
I'm getting some notifications from app Samsung Gifts Indonesia (but the app can be disabled)
I get an additional Samsung Pay app, which is a different version than the one I had already before
can you go in (if you're on android 12)

Root/optics/configs/carriers/single/(XID i suppose)/conf/system

and copy upload and paste here the folder ? i want to see inside the file cscfeature.xml and cscfeature_network.xml

so i can extrapolate the correct writing / code to activate the call recorder and apply it to other csc

jmbnus

Mar 5, 2022

and copy upload and paste here the folder ? i want to see inside the file cscfeature.xml and cscfeature_network.xml

so i can extrapolate the correct writing / code to activate the call recorder and apply it to other csc
I didn't root my phone so I can't confirm, sorry..

Last edited:

ALWA7SH6

Feb 27, 2011

CONS:
Does the Samsung Pay app work in Europe?

Milan-XDA

Sep 12, 2012
Brussels
Realme X2 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3

CONS:
Tried it on Android 12 and it bricked my device. Don't try this CSC method. It doesn't work.

k4sh44

Jan 18, 2015
Suce sur Erdre
I simply installed from the other thread the A72 mods with magisk and i got recording now. There are also official settings for it in official dialler to enable/disable recording always. I have it to record when i want.
My csc is VGR (Vodafone Greece)
Good to know. It means there's actually no way with non modified device to change it except with CSC flash.

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
I only have root & magisk, by modified you mean to unlock the bootloader?
Either way all are working fine here with zygisk and hide root from banking apps which was crucial for me. Nfc payments work also fine.

No he meant by flashing some Asian CSC files such as from Indonesia, Thailand, India or some others so no root is needed...

bobfrantic

Aug 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
I only have root & magisk, by modified you mean to unlock the bootloader?
Either way all are working fine here with zygisk and hide root from banking apps which was crucial for me. Nfc payments work also fine.
Question. You have magisk and phone is rooted but your booloader is not unlocked? How did you get it rooted with magisk then, most curious about your post...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you know about MOD apps?
    check this

No, I don't know about this website and I don't know how truthfully it is as I don't even care !

But anyway, everyone is free to do as he wish : changing the CSC, sideloading an unknown app from an unknown website or installing a Magisk module with rooted phone... ^^
    Do things as you wish but as I said laws are changing all the time and very quickly so be sure your sources are very new and updated.

Maybe you have not red the GDPR link in the other link I supplied ???

I'll be back later
    I will leave it here knowing you are wrong. I will not be back!

CONS:

I didn't root my phone so I can't confirm, sorry..
    In my country, Sweden, call recording is fully legal. In a phone call it is sufficient that only one of the participants (the caller) is aware of that the call is being recorded. To record a phone call without the knowledge of any of the participants is illegal unless it is done by the police and even they have to have special permit by a state attorney.

Even though this is the case all phone makers chose to block call recording for phones sold in Sweden. I have never been able to get an answer as to why they do this.

For my previous phone, Oneplus 8, there was a simple hack you could do in the caller app to enable call recording. Problem was that as time went by and newer firmware arrived the blocking of the call recording was restored faster and faster.

I now rely on an Olympus pocket recorder when I must record a phone call. Sometimes as you talk to company reps or officials it is very handy to record their statements since this is permitted as evidence in our courts of law.
    In the EU it isn't legal for OEM's to sell phones with a native call recording feature.

With Huawei phones sold in EU you can install the native call recorder apk from a region where they have this feature and problem solved.

Can we do the same with Samsung phones, or do we need to flash a CSC from a region that has that feature?

PS: I know some 3rd party apps can do the same but I want to use the native app that Samsung.
    Do things as you wish but as I said laws are changing all the time and very quickly so be sure your sources are very new and updated.

Maybe you have not red the GDPR link in the other link I supplied ???

I'll be back later
    I will leave it here knowing you are wrong. I will not be back!