Can XZ1 Compact SO-02K run Custom ROMs?

Search This thread

pritos

Jul 1, 2011
Batangas
I have successfully unlocked the bootloader for my SO-02K. Can I flash Lineage OS on it or are those only meant for G8441? Are there Custom ROMs for SO-02K?

Thank you in advance.

pritos

Jul 1, 2011
Batangas
I just tried converting my SO-02K to a G8441 and was successful in a way. I was able to install TWRP, flash Lineage OS 18.1, and root using Magisk v22.1.

NFC no longer works but I don't really use it so not a big deal.
You can't use the phone while charging: it works but the touch is very flaky. It's okay though as it allows me not to use the phone while charging and thus prolonging my battery life.

I will try it as my daily driver to check for more bugs if there are.

Edit (04/17/21):
Temperature ranges from 35°C to 45°C. It gets warm when I am internet sharing. I guess that's why it's called hotspot 😅.

It seems the flaky touchscreen while charging was because of a faulty cable. Touch is okay now even when charging.

The Google Streetview app is not working very well. You can search but trying to re-center the location crashes the app. The Google Maps app is not able to center in to your location but all else works. GPS works on Mi Fit app though as I can see my location. Find Device works as well. So only the "centering" function doesn't work in Maps and Streetview.

Everything else is working fine at the moment. Again this is on Lineage OS 18.1.

Last edited:

harism.ikhsan

Jul 14, 2020
@pritos so limit information about sony xz1 compact docomo customization. Glad to read your thread. I gonna wait for your review. Have you try to flash back to docomo rom? I've heard case on sony xz1 docomo can't back to docomo rom after unlockboatloader, but the phone can use global rom, softbank rom, and au rom and the imei null. With some tricky he mix the rom between global rom, docomo rom, and softbank rom and the phone can run like a global xz1 with the nfc is on. Sorry for my english.

pritos

Jul 1, 2011
Batangas
@pritos so limit information about sony xz1 compact docomo customization. Glad to read your thread. I gonna wait for your review. Have you try to flash back to docomo rom? I've heard case on sony xz1 docomo can't back to docomo rom after unlockboatloader, but the phone can use global rom, softbank rom, and au rom and the imei null. With some tricky he mix the rom between global rom, docomo rom, and softbank rom and the phone can run like a global xz1 with the nfc is on. Sorry for my english.
Yes, the information about converting an SO-02K to G8441 is very scarce. It's why I gambled and tried it anyway.

I haven't tried re-flashing the Docomo firmware. I think this is one of the hardware differences of the Docomo and Global versions. I am okay without the NFC but if a dev can help fix the NFC then I will be really grateful.

harism.ikhsan

Jul 14, 2020
Yes, the information about converting an SO-02K to G8441 is very scarce. It's why I gambled and tried it anyway.

I haven't tried re-flashing the Docomo firmware. I think this is one of the hardware differences of the Docomo and Global versions. I am okay without the NFC but if a dev can help fix the NFC then I will be really grateful.
Great, maybe someday you can make a thread anything about sony xz1c docomo with another custom rom like PE, havoc, etc, because those rom already gcam support. My xz1c still allow ubl no, can you tell me where can i get to change my ubl?

pritos

Jul 1, 2011
Batangas
Great, maybe someday you can make a thread anything about sony xz1c docomo with another custom rom like PE, havoc, etc, because those rom already gcam support. My xz1c still allow ubl no, can you tell me where can i get to change my ubl?
I followed the instructions from this thread:

I was able to change Bootloader Unlock Allowed from "No" to "Yes" using the qUnlock method. You will have to pay for the credentials though.

pritos

Jul 1, 2011
Batangas
Thanks for your reply. Just to make sure, which method that you use to unlockboatloader the phone?
You will need to use qUnlock tool if Bootloader unlock allowed: No. You need to pay around £24 to NUGSM to get credentials for the qUnlock tool. You will need to do Sim Unlock so that Bootloader unlock allowed can be set to Yes. You can then unlock your bootloader. You can search Google for more info about unlocking the bootloader. You will need to have ADB and Fastboot installed in your PC. You can search XDA for minimal ADB and Fastboot installer.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone