Question Can you restore original punch hole/status bar size?

Search This thread

SMRDcompany

Apr 12, 2019
Hello,

I'm struggling to find any info on this and I'm surprised nobody is really talking about it, but seemingly every AOSP ROM today has a punch hole that is larger than the one on original Global MIUI, at least back when I used it, pre-November.

Is there a way to revert to the original values, where the punch hole is not larger than the actual hole on the screen (I know often AOSP hole is jaggier/aliased than on original, but I don't mind that) and the status bar is flush with the bottom of the hardware punch hole? As it is now, the punch hole is larger and the status bar extends way past the bottom of the software defined hole anyway. If you want to see the original values (at least on the ROMs I've tried), try going to Developer options and under Display Cutout select Waterfall Cutout - this will give you the original punch hole size and status bar height, but it will put black bars on the side that make the phone near unusable.

There is a Magisk module called NoneDisplayCutout that will also make the punch hole size shrink to the original, but it messes with the status bar height and it becomes like 3x the size of the original one for some reason.

Is there a way to revert to the old values or change these values somehow? With this and the arbitrary locking of the SD870 to 1800/2250/2750 instead of its full power, I am thinking of just going back to MIUI 12.5 at this point (also can't believe more people aren't talking about how Xiaomi just locked their processors down without any notice or option to revert - even Apple users were against their old phones being locked down, and this one is almost brand new)

ale82to

Apr 7, 2014
I was getting crazy too to snapdragon 870 locked at lower max frequency I solved the problem flashing a Magisk module from a telegram channel @ThermalAlioth look for the most appropriate zip for what u want to achieve (max freq or battery)