Can you revert back to an older version of Fire OS?

Search This thread

dtnmich2

Dec 15, 2018
Is there a way to revert back to an older version of Fire OS. I had Fire OS 7.3.1.7 and Fire Toolbox worked perfectly. The tablet updated to Fire OS 7.3.2.2 and now Nova Launcher doesn't work properly anymore.

haganme

Oct 14, 2010
I can’t find anything. I might send the tablet back and order one from Amazon warehouse that might still have the older version

llanyort

May 6, 2008
Is there a way to revert back to an older version of Fire OS. I had Fire OS 7.3.1.7 and Fire Toolbox worked perfectly. The tablet updated to Fire OS 7.3.2.2 and now Nova Launcher doesn't work properly anymore.
Did you find a way? Thanks

i purchase a fire 10 with Fire OS 7.3.2.1
i cannot downgrade firmware.

Any firmware update released after March, 2020 is bound to block the method used by mtk-easy-su. Think twice before updating your device if you would like to keep using mtk-easy-su or mtk-su.

This is coming directly from url -> https://themagisk.com/mtk-easy-su/#Mtk_easy_su_v210

Rooting and Cleaning Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet 2019​

What I can do is bypass wifi registration
What I can do is deactivate OTA upgrades - look via somewhere on XDA for this. Amazon Fire hd 10 was my search parameters.

I can adb file to download directory and read pdfs and watch videos.
And its very responsive. but....
But sadly I still get the pestering "registration" banner.

So i will reset to factory and send back. not worth the hassle. This was suppose to be "free" from ads version.
But amazon is still forcing you and still collecting your data. Why ? Because its their device.