Can you stop the gallery from auto-playing videos and motion picture?

Search This thread

elusivepeanut

Apr 17, 2010
The gallery's auto-playing of the motion picture is driving me nuts as I flip through pictures after a shoot. I'm trying to hone into the details of the final shot to determine which one's I want to post process and publish but I have to wait for the motion to stop. The only work around I've found is to go out of the picture back to the gallery, and dive back into the next picture, and it doesn't auto-play on the first selection. I've looked in the play store for alternative galleries and gave up after testing a few.

I came from the Note 10+ and motion picture didn't play automatically in the gallery. I've started only turning on motion picture for times where I think I need extra frames, but I've already found myself missing some opportunities when I didn't think to turn it on.

Thanks in advance!

Screen recorded example

Reactions: BigMosley

MrMike2182

Dec 6, 2014
Atlanta
The gallery's auto-playing of the motion picture is driving me nuts as I flip through pictures after a shoot. I'm trying to hone into the details of the final shot to determine which one's I want to post process and publish but I have to wait for the motion to stop. The only work around I've found is to go out of the picture back to the gallery, and dive back into the next picture, and it doesn't auto-play on the first selection. I've looked in the play store for alternative galleries and gave up after testing a few.

I came from the Note 10+ and motion picture didn't play automatically in the gallery. I've started only turning on motion picture for times where I think I need extra frames, but I've already found myself missing some opportunities when I didn't think to turn it on.

Thanks in advance!

Screen recorded example

There's no option to disable that unfortunately.. It's a feature built directly into the app..

Reactions: elusivepeanut

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011

Thanks in advance!

Screen recorded example

I was also wondering this. It wasn't like this on previous devices, you had to press the Motion Photo button for it to move, not just move by default. So now when I want to show someone a photo it first plays a short video clip instead, makes no sense.

Reactions: elusivepeanut

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!

Screen recorded example

Thanks in advance!

Screen recorded example

There's no option to disable that unfortunately.. It's a feature built directly into the app..

Thanks in advance!

Screen recorded example

I was also wondering this. It wasn't like this on previous devices, you had to press the Motion Photo button for it to move, not just move by default. So now when I want to show someone a photo it first plays a short video clip instead, makes no sense.