General [CANADA] Galaxy S21 Ultra discussions, sw updates, everything related to the SM-G998W

Search This thread

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I thought we should have a thread dedicated to Canadian users, our model is different enough from the US one (U) to warrant a separate section.

For starters, I haven't seen any mention of the May patch AUDA on any of the carrier forums (Telus, Fido, Rogers, etc) nor anything on the Samsung website.
I got my phone directly Samsung, so I kind of expected faster updates, in line with the rest of the world.

PhilMorin

Feb 16, 2017
We usually get it around the 10th of the month, for March it was on the same date as Fido's schedule. I bought it from Samsung Canada too

MrHomebrew

Must have fps and doze app for S21 series phones with adaptive 120hz. Has option for 96hz max and 48hz minimum, etc.

MrHomebrew

Here's a nice lil screen on time with S21 Ultra set to adaptive 96hz max and 60hz minimum with max doze mode. Also power saving mode with limit cpu speed to 70% along with turn off 5G. I will get even more screen on time as the phone learns usage patterns, etc. Screen brightness set to auto just to clarify.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210430-211758_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-211758_Device care.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 81

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Must have fps and doze app for S21 series phones with adaptive 120hz. Has option for 96hz max and 48hz minimum, etc.

Yup, using it since I discovered the app...but for me, I had to downgrade back to 7.0 - 7.10 doesn't keep the refresh rate when in power save mode properly.
I reported in the app thread, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

MrHomebrew

Yup, using it since I discovered the app...but for me, I had to downgrade back to 7.0 - 7.10 doesn't keep the refresh rate when in power save mode properly.
I reported in the app thread, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Try enabling the refresh rate monitor in your status bar. I always have it on, maybe why the latest works for me properly. Maybe the monitor keeps process running as apposed to being killed.

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Try enabling the refresh rate monitor in your status bar. I always have it on, maybe why the latest works for me properly. Maybe the monitor keeps process running as apposed to being killed.
Hmmm...maybe, good idea.
I use the screen refresh rate display option from developer mode...didn't like the notification one, but you are right, Android gets aggressive with apps if they don't have a notification.

SloPoke23

Jan 13, 2019
I thought we should have a thread dedicated to Canadian users, our model is different enough from the US one (U) to warrant a separate section.

For starters, I haven't seen any mention of the May patch AUDA on any of the carrier forums (Telus, Fido, Rogers, etc) nor anything on the Samsung website.
I got my phone directly Samsung, so I kind of expected faster updates, in line with the rest of the world.
I got the April update on April 14. While I purchased my phone from Amazon, I have a Bell SIM in it and, I may be wrong, but I believe Bell has to vet updates before they are available for phones registered with them.

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
PSA: I pinged Samsung Canada and they could not offer a date for pushing the May update...go figure.
That explains why no carrier has any date either.

I'm not anxious to get it, I would rather wait and see if it breaks any my current tweaks (esp Galaxy Max hz, the Galaxy Labs stuff I sideloaded and most importantly, GCam)

omek07

Oct 15, 2007
It's weird because I can not use the gcam that someone upload in this thread. Installed it successfully but it doesn't open

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone