• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [CANADA] Galaxy S21 Ultra discussions, sw updates, everything related to the SM-G998W

Search This thread

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Eh, what's 41 days delay....August 10.

SloPoke23

Jan 13, 2019
Finally the update is available to Canada.

Software update information

• Current version: G998WVLU4AUGE /
G998WOYV4AUGE/G998WVLU4AUGE
• Security patch level: August 1, 2021

Reactions: Ipse_Tase

leptdre

May 15, 2015
Hi guys,
Could some one with a Canadian Sm-G998W send me a screen shot of the 5G bands page by dialing *#2263# and then going to NR5G. Thanks a lot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210819-075102_Service mode RIL.jpg
    Screenshot_20210819-075102_Service mode RIL.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 18

SloPoke23

Jan 13, 2019
What do you know? Another Canadian update!

. Version: G998WVLU4AUGQ / G998WOYV4AUGQ /
G998WVLU4AUGQ
. Size: 1 1 16.39 MB
. Security patch level: August 1, 2021

Reactions: Ipse_Tase

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Damn right you are...unexpected and pretty big ass one.
Stability security....requires 1.1GB??? That's a lot of security 🤣

EDIT: whaddaya know, posted by Telus and Rogers although the later says "August security update" as if we didn't already get August.

lexcyn

Apr 4, 2010
Sudbury
Speaking of 5G - does anyone else experience 5G signal issues? And by issues, I mean, it will connect to 5G (with full signal) and work for a bit, then switch back to LTE or LTE-A and then won't reconnect back to 5G. We recently had 5G enabled here all over the city but for some reason it rarely connects unless I am standing still, turn airplane mode on/off or play around with my network preferences (switch from 5g/lte/wcdma back to lte/wcdma then back to 5g/lte/wcdma).

I've already reset my network settings but still occurring.

I just tried disabling all the 5G NR bands aside from n66 as that's the only one that (at least) Telus/Bell uses (from the service mode menu above).

Wondering if maybe the way Samsung implements 5G power savings is too aggressive. I have an iPhone 12 I use for work and I never lose 5G with that one (on 5G Auto) - relevant since it uses a Qualcomm modem (x55 vs S21U's x60)

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Speaking of 5G - does anyone else experience 5G signal issues? And by issues, I mean, it will connect to 5G (with full signal) and work for a bit, then switch back to LTE or LTE-A and then won't reconnect back to 5G. We recently had 5G enabled here all over the city but for some reason it rarely connects unless I am standing still, turn airplane mode on/off or play around with my network preferences (switch from 5g/lte/wcdma back to lte/wcdma then back to 5g/lte/wcdma).

I just tried disabling all the 5G NR bands aside from n66 as that's the only one that (at least) Telus/Bell uses (from the service mode menu above).

Wondering if maybe the way Samsung implements 5G power savings is too aggressive. I have an iPhone 12 I use for work and I never lose 5G with that one (on 5G Auto) - relevant since it uses a Qualcomm modem (x55 vs S21U's x60)
I chuck it up to power management and also problems on the network side with jumping between 4G and 5G. It sometimes seems like the network hangs onto 5G for nothing else but marketing purposes.

I hard-coded a few 4G bands and while I'm not roaming around outside the city, I'm seeing better battery life and signal.

Reactions: lexcyn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What do you know? Another Canadian update!

. Version: G998WVLU4AUGQ / G998WOYV4AUGQ /
    G998WVLU4AUGQ
    . Size: 1 1 16.39 MB
    . Security patch level: August 1, 2021

I chuck it up to power management and also problems on the network side with jumping between 4G and 5G. It sometimes seems like the network hangs onto 5G for nothing else but marketing purposes.

I hard-coded a few 4G bands and while I'm not roaming around outside the city, I'm seeing better battery life and signal.
    Telus will update in May 18th
    Screenshot_20210507-190818_Chrome.jpg
    Woahh!! Is gcam able to access the 10x zoom lens??
    Yes...and the results are quite remarkable in my case. Definitely cleaner shots.
    It's weird because I can not use the gcam that someone upload in this thread. Installed it successfully but it doesn't open
    You may have to manually enable file permission. Sometimes you get 3 options and it defaults to the middle which is not full file access.
    Yup, it looks like Robbers has also updated the schedule. I hope we jump straight to AUE1
    https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/OS-Upgrades/OS-Upgrade-Schedule/td-p/354931
    Why what's new in AUE1 ?
    Looks like there were 2 updates, AUDA and AUE1, I was simply saying that I hope we get a single one combining the fixes.
    Mostly camera improvements ( thermal control and PQ).