• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [CANADA] Galaxy S21 Ultra discussions, sw updates, everything related to the SM-G998W

Search This thread

omek07

Oct 15, 2007
U1 is out and you can flash it with ODIN if you don't want to wait for the Canadian

omek07

Oct 15, 2007
Yep! I went to U1 first for the beta but then switched to U because I was having crappy signal on U1, plus the full 12 was out
Are you using Samsung pay ? If yes do you have TD ? If yes are you able to put both Credit card and Debit Card in it ? I am asking because when I tried the Beta I could not put the Debit card in it but I could the credit

Reactions: crixley

crixley

May 25, 2012
Are you using Samsung pay ? If yes do you have TD ? If yes are you able to put both Credit card and Debit Card in it ? I am asking because when I tried the Beta I could not put the Debit card in it but I could the credit
I'm using RBC and it's working great! The battery seems to be lasting much longer too.

Reactions: omek07

tafo

Dec 8, 2008
Beirut
can you tell me which U1 firmware you are going to flash? im seeing all U1 USA with carriers only

crixley

May 25, 2012
Hello, sorry this it the first time i use samsung phone. as Im checking the U firmware, its all for US carriers nothing as unlocked, so you used one of them for canadian phone?
First I flashed to U1 to get beta updates then flashed U after the beta was over to get stable. Esim worked on both.

Reactions: tafo

SloPoke23

Jan 13, 2019
It's here: OneUi 4.0/Android 12! Who wants to guinea pig this and report back?

• Version: G998WVLU4BUKF / G998WOYV4BUKF / G998WVLU4BUKF
  • Size: 2616.31 MB
  • Security patch level: November 1, 2021

Reactions: Ipse_Tase

BlaaaaazedUp

Dec 2, 2020

I'm on it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-002302_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-002302_Software update.jpg
    720.6 KB · Views: 30

omek07

Oct 15, 2007
I have the BUKF from 998 U variant and it's very good. I will download the Odin files from the Canadian Version when are available and flash the Canadian Version

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

I can't remember : what was the build number for the second update on oneui 4.0 that some countries got (was it BUKF or BUKG?)? Should we assume that because of the delay, the Canadian update already includes all the fixes?
If that's the case, I'll STFU and never ask to be at the forefront of customer-executed QC on behalf of Scamsung. 🤣

I can't remember : what was the build number for the second update on oneui 4.0 that some countries got (was it BUKF or BUKG?)? Should we assume that because of the delay, the Canadian update already includes all the fixes?
If that's the case, I'll STFU and never ask to be at the forefront of customer-executed QC on behalf of Scamsung. 🤣
Last stable one is BUKG. It's pretty stable for day to day use but not yet optimised. Battery drain is on the higher side. One UI 4 isn't much of a leap in item of features. It's nice to play around with. For a short while.

SloPoke23

Jan 13, 2019
I took a chance and updated and the results have been ... underwhelming. I'm using a different launcher, and apart from some Samsung specific UI color changes (which you have to turn on), I can't see much difference from what I was running before so far.

omek07

Oct 15, 2007
BuKG I think IA for exynos and BUKF is from snapdragon.

The BUKF U variant that i use is pretty good for everyday use even tho I have some application crashes here and there but I think that this is problem of the applications and not Samsung. I have it for 3 days now and I can see that the battery is getting better and better

SloPoke23

Jan 13, 2019
Even the new color pallette option based on your wallpaper is disappointing since it has to be changed manually when your wallpaper changes, which mine does daily.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    According to TELUS, our next update will be on January 11.
    Telus will update in May 18th
    Screenshot_20210507-190818_Chrome.jpg
    I've been on Android 12 UI4 since a day before launch (work for a carrier here in Canada.)

All is ok.

I have identified these problems thus far:

*Seems like the time from a lower charge to a full charge takes longer than 3.1 R30. A PD 65W Charger with the Samsung in box cable renders a full charge from dead in approx 1 hour 45 mins. The power bounces significantly between 1000mAh and 3100mAh, and in last 5% goes to around 500mah, no matter the battery setting or charge setting. All fast, super fast charge options engaged, adaptive battery on or off, we we have used probably 50 brand new USBC cables on multiple outlets, the behavior remains.
    *Expert RAW (new RAW camera for all 4 back lenses is extensively buggy and crashes a lot when processing shots with 3rd and 4th lenses.
    *GCAM BSG worked with the front camera although not raw, now it just crashes, same thing with all of the GCams.
    *Unable to access the Accessibility Menu in settings. We have discovered a way to get there via activity launcher, however the menu should work and it does not.
    *In the last 7 days, OneUI had used almost 6% of total battery usage.
    *Chrome Beta continues opening even when restricted, if left for extended period of time. I've forced it closed and shut and it has still consumed over 33%, of battery over L7D.
    *A developers here was able to activate a second eSIM (3rd live account) using software I'm not familiar with, and it shows up in the network menu. I'm not in key with this, so I don't want to give instructions that I don't know.
    *Boot time might be longer than before. This shouldn't happen considering this device has 16GB physical and 4GB pagesys RAM.
    *Device care and Galaxy booster don't affect the processing speed.
    *We haven't found any processing enhancements between "High" and "Maximum".
    *It's possible notifications aren't coming in timely, or at all.
    *The Google Home app went an entire week before updating so it didn't crash consistently on the Ultra after opening a speaker group.

Not sure if I'm missing anything here or not, anyone having the same problems? I haven't even gotten into some of the major problems we had with Android Auto, e.g. launch, and immediately crash and reopen, random crashes, assistant hanging in full 5G area, and the double prompt when responding to the assistant. Eg driving, tell it to send a text, and it will say ok who, *DING DING* and repeat the double ding constantly after responding to anything. Not to mention if it produces incorrect verbatim when sending a message, it occasionally says read to send it and boom, without even a response, ok, it's sent.

This can lead to extremely embarrassingly texts.

Oh, we are experiencing a problem, when you connect to a Bluetooth earphones set, and for example are listening to a read aloud page on Google Chrome or word, whatever it is, when you disconnect the Bluetooth connection, suddenly a music service begins playing through the speaker. 😆

Galaxy store shows black screen when searching apps as well.

Anyone having any similar problems?
    I upgraded. Don't see any drawbacks so far. All apps seem to work, battery life is fine. If anything, it might be slightly better. System is snappy. Doesn't feel like a major update but doesn't feel like it broke anything. Gcam still works well. Haven't noticed any improvement with stock camera app.
    Woahh!! Is gcam able to access the 10x zoom lens??
    Yes...and the results are quite remarkable in my case. Definitely cleaner shots.