• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[CANADA] HTC One M8 Canadian Users

Search This thread

chewable

Jul 15, 2011
Toronto
Thanks for answering.

Forgot to mention I wanted to get the Developer version and I thought it did support AWS. I'm not concerned with switching carriers as I'm on Public mobile (Telus) and their $45 deal is way better than anything Rogers/Bell offers. The developer version supports 700 Mhz and 1700Mhz/AWS bands so the phone should work with Telus/Bell etc. If I understand what extended LTE coverage is then I don't think it's a concern as I don't go out to remote areas very often. Please correct me if anything I've said here is wrong.

I'll be confirming if the imei works before bringing it to Canada.

I should clarify that its AWS support is for LTE. It doesn't support AWS over 3G frequencies which is what WIND Mobile uses.

LTE band 7 is used for Rogers' LTE Max which is capable of speeds up to 150 Mbps. Regular LTE tops out at 75Mbps. You can check out the coverage maps below to see if you'll benefit from this.
http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless_network
http://network.bell.ca/en/coverage

finster1974

Mar 18, 2012
belleriver
im so confused??

ok so I purchased a htc m8 and the person I got it from says its rooted with gpe on it I don't like it at all and I want sense back on it im rooted and I am on bell im so confused on what to do I was able to get the cid changed to 11111111 now if im right it its gotta be bm 001 when I type it in it gives me all these commands and I don't know what to do some direction would be nice I know how to use adb and I need a guide or info ive been at this for almost a week any help would do I also downloaded a stock recovery for bell but I need the ruu if that's correct I saw a post in here but cant find the link ....this is so frustrating and thanks in advanced:silly:

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
ok so I purchased a htc m8 and the person I got it from says its rooted with gpe on it I don't like it at all and I want sense back on it im rooted and I am on bell im so confused on what to do I was able to get the cid changed to 11111111 now if im right it its gotta be bm 001 when I type it in it gives me all these commands and I don't know what to do some direction would be nice I know how to use adb and I need a guide or info ive been at this for almost a week any help would do I also downloaded a stock recovery for bell but I need the ruu if that's correct I saw a post in here but cant find the link ....this is so frustrating and thanks in advanced:silly:

A week.. wow. First please post output of your fastboot getvar all ?

dan-htc-touch

Dec 6, 2007
calgary

Follow the dev edition conversion thread

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

peeeky

May 30, 2013
I accidentally wiped the system and everything under advanced settings in TWRP on my HTC One M8. I am still able to get into fast boot and recovery. I downloaded the zip for TWRP System Backup for Rogers but going through adb sideload gives me a "Failed" after transferring the zip even though it shows 100%.

Anyone have any tips? I assume that it is recoverable since I still have access to recovery? Many thanks!

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
I accidentally wiped the system and everything under advanced settings in TWRP on my HTC One M8. I am still able to get into fast boot and recovery. I downloaded the zip for TWRP System Backup for Rogers but going through adb sideload gives me a "Failed" after transferring the zip even though it shows 100%.

Anyone have any tips? I assume that it is recoverable since I still have access to recovery? Many thanks!
I'd just push a new ROM to the phone and flash... Done :)

Sent from my One M8

cue_32

Jun 11, 2010
hello fellow Canadians :)

Im about to buy an M8 off someone, can you guys tell me if the model number for Rogers M8 is different fromBell/Telus? Also is it different from International version? I jus wanna make sure I get the most out of my new phone in terms of LTE/data network. I searched and it seems to me that all I need to worry about is that it is not from Sprint. I'd like to know what model number I should be looking for yo use with Rogers.
\please help

D

Darth

hello fellow Canadians :)

Im about to buy an M8 off someone, can you guys tell me if the model number for Rogers M8 is different fromBell/Telus? Also is it different from International version? I jus wanna make sure I get the most out of my new phone in terms of LTE/data network. I searched and it seems to me that all I need to worry about is that it is not from Sprint. I'd like to know what model number I should be looking for yo use with Rogers.
\please help

All the Canadian M8's are the same. ?

D

Darth

K... I may have been wrong about model number. Lol

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

First phone I've owned where model number is not important on XDA. Lol

Top Liked Posts