[CANADA] SM-G950W No super-slow mo and AR Emoji in Oct 10 update

Search This thread

Pteer Griffin

Aug 4, 2008
I have an unlocked S8 which was purchased from the Canadian Samsung store. Did the update which the info only mentioned Oct 1, patch and the file size only came in at 183MB. No super-slow mo and AR emoji. I thought all unlocked phones updates go through Samsung. I am with Rogers, but was it Rogers that told Samsung to remove super-slow mo and AR emoji for S8 owners?

Did anyone from Canada even get the full 500MB update with both super-slow mo and AR emoji? Is it only for Exynos?

peachpuff

Aug 31, 2010
There's no guarantee that the canadian updates mirror the us/euro updates, read up the change log, unless it specifically says slowmo and ar emoji then its not included.

Pteer Griffin

Aug 4, 2008
There's no guarantee that the canadian updates mirror the us/euro updates, read up the change log, unless it specifically says slowmo and ar emoji then its not included.

Canadian changelog is always vague. Wow, that sucks then. Next Samsung is going to be an Exynos. Surprisingly cheaper than getting the NA version.

Pratyush26

Aug 2, 2018
I have an unlocked S8 which was purchased from the Canadian Samsung store. Did the update which the info only mentioned Oct 1, patch and the file size only came in at 183MB. No super-slow mo and AR emoji. I thought all unlocked phones updates go through Samsung. I am with Rogers, but was it Rogers that told Samsung to remove super-slow mo and AR emoji for S8 owners?

Did anyone from Canada even get the full 500MB update with both super-slow mo and AR emoji? Is it only for Exynos?
Give Samsung some time. Kinda weird tho