Question Canadian A52 5G SM-526W Call recording CSC

Search This thread

a52recording

Dec 9, 2021
Hi,

I'm able to flash the Canadian A52 5G SM-526W with the stock firmware successfully using Odin both the complete firmware and just the CSC.

I tried to flash with SM-A526B, SM-A525M, SM-A525F unsuccessfully, it fails every time for the complete firmware or just the CSC.

Can anyone direct me to which firmware I can flash to this phone to activate the built in call recorder?

Thanks!

a52recording

Dec 9, 2021
I did try flashing with the A525 firmware but it just fails.
How can I use the Indian/INS firmware to add call recording to my phone? I tried to use just the CSC file with Odin from A525 firmware and that failed too.

You could try using the XSG (United Emirates Arab) firmware. I have it on my J7 Pro and it has the call recording function, not sure if it is the same for the A52 5G.
I'd suggest you flash the original firmware that came with your device first, then only flashing the CSC from the XSG firmware to see if you get call recording.
And use Frija to get the firmware, just go into its settings and turn on "Binary Nature" option for it to download the 5 part firmware instead of the 1 part firmware.

a52recording

Dec 9, 2021
Thanks for the help, it wouldn't accept the CSC from the SM-A526B firmware or the entire firmware already tried that. Any other suggestion?

a52recording

Dec 9, 2021
None of the Canadian firmware's have call recording and I have tried a number of different CSC using the *#272*IMEI# method which are available in the firmware. Guess its a no go

Reactions: ashraftheboss

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Sorry my bad, I didn't know there was a SM-A526W for the Canadian market only. I was thinking that your's was a SM-A526B, which is the international version. I don't know if the A526W will accept the A526B firmware, it might work or it might brick your phone.
W models can typically only flash W U and U1 firmware

Reactions: ashraftheboss

a52recording

Dec 9, 2021
It will only flash W firmware which I have done several times, but it will not flash U firmware or even U firmware CSC file

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
It will only flash W firmware which I have done several times, but it will not flash U firmware or even U firmware CSC file
maybe if you posted the error you receive in patched odinas wellas the error it shows on device screen when it fails then we can help u

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
for example, if it gives a sha hash error or something its bcuz u arent using modified odin which is needed to flash u or u firmware to your w model and if it gives some error like sw rev check fail its because youre trying to downgrade and need a firmware with the same rev

a52recording

Dec 9, 2021
Here are the pictures I blocked out the DID number

Attachments

• Inked20211216_204859_LI.jpg
    Inked20211216_204859_LI.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 41
  • Odin.PNG
    Odin.PNG
    103.6 KB · Views: 41

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    None of the Canadian firmware's have call recording and I have tried a number of different CSC using the *#272*IMEI# method which are available in the firmware. Guess its a no go
    Sorry my bad, I didn't know there was a SM-A526W for the Canadian market only. I was thinking that your's was a SM-A526B, which is the international version. I don't know if the A526W will accept the A526B firmware, it might work or it might brick your phone.
    W models can typically only flash W U and U1 firmware