Canadian (Bell) Pixel XL - Sim Unlocked?

Search This thread

minirx7

Jun 18, 2006
Does anybody know if my Bell Pixel XL is SIM Locked? I am trying to use a Roam Mobility Sim card in my Bell Pixel XL, and it doesnt ask for an unlock code but will not show any signal connect.

I tried the same card in my S7 Edge and it works fine. Normally if the phone is locked and you put in a foreign sim, it should ask for network unlock code but it doesnt show anyhting.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: geo13

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
If it was purchased through a carrier then there's a chance that its sim locked, although I thought all Pixels were sim unlocked. If the sim doesn't doesn't work when you pop it in you could always try going into the network settings and reset them and see if that helps. You could also call your carrier if you got the phone through them and see what they say. If you got your Pixel through Google then it's definitely sim unlocked --carriers are not allowed to sim lock an unlocked phone that you use on their network. They sim lock the phone if you buy it directly from the carrier on a payment plan but after you pay off the phone and own it outright they are supposed to unlock the phone for use on other carriers if you request it--at least in the United States. I thought we were the only country where people bought subsidized phones through a phone carrier so except possibly in Canada that shouldn't be an issue anywhere else.

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
I am about to go travelling and have the same question. I used to use Knowroaming, but I want to try a local post as you go in Europe. Little help?

All Canadian Pixels are unlocked. I've used mine in Europe (Ireland) and it worked with no hastle or setup required. Put in foreign SIM and go. Enjoy those data rates over there. 20 Euro top up gets you free unlimited LTE data. Pisses me off every time I come back to Canada and pay the **** prices we pay here.

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

http://support.bell.ca/Billing-and-Accounts/Security_and_privacy/My_mobile_phone_is_locked
Read the part about "Is your device already unlocked"

Reactions: geo13 and TonikJDK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am about to go travelling and have the same question. I used to use Knowroaming, but I want to try a local post as you go in Europe. Little help?

All Canadian Pixels are unlocked. I've used mine in Europe (Ireland) and it worked with no hastle or setup required. Put in foreign SIM and go. Enjoy those data rates over there. 20 Euro top up gets you free unlimited LTE data. Pisses me off every time I come back to Canada and pay the **** prices we pay here.

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

http://support.bell.ca/Billing-and-Accounts/Security_and_privacy/My_mobile_phone_is_locked
    Read the part about "Is your device already unlocked"
    Does anybody know if my Bell Pixel XL is SIM Locked? I am trying to use a Roam Mobility Sim card in my Bell Pixel XL, and it doesnt ask for an unlock code but will not show any signal connect.

I tried the same card in my S7 Edge and it works fine. Normally if the phone is locked and you put in a foreign sim, it should ask for network unlock code but it doesnt show anyhting.

Any suggestions?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone