Canadian Galaxy s7 edge discussion

Search This thread

htc fan89

Jun 12, 2009
Ottawa,Vaudreuil-Dorion and NYC
Hey guys,

I think we need our own thread to discuss about our preorders and future development related to our model.

so, I already preorder mine from Koodo and they are saying it should ship after March 17th. But, I'm hopping i receive it by march 11th. So, Those that made a preorder, what carrier and when will you be getting it?

ron9349

Dec 7, 2011
Markham
Pre-order at Authorized Bell dealer. Put $50 deposit and will be in store pickup. Haven't heard any news/update with regards to when I will get my phone. Hoping for March 11 or earlier! How come Koodo shipping March 17th? Really disappointed that only black available for pre-order!

ekjl

Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Pre-ordered with Fido. My position in line is 139. Down from 142 a few days ago.

If any Fido insider can shed some info on when it'll arrive for us, that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

wasdly

Dec 16, 2010
Vancouver
Pre-ordered at Samsung store. Unlocked and gold color. They told me black color will be available on Mar 11, ETA for gold and silver is Mar 28.

manudion12

Apr 29, 2012
Pre-ordered my S7 Edge from Telus on their website, had to pay the full 500$ immediately to complete the order :eek: .. They sent me a link to a webpage with a link to follow to see where is our order status and it keeps telling that it is in processing and will be ship by march 11 .. And only black color is available for pre-order too from Telus :crying:

KWoods41

May 27, 2013
Pre-ordered from Rogers on Feb 24th. I'm 676th in line.

Could be a loooong wait. I remember getting a call from Rogers about picking up my pre-ordered Note5 about 9 days after I had walked into a store and bought one already. My guess is that Rogers (and the other carriers) won't start shipping until the 11th, then won't be in any hurry to get them to us pre-orderers.

That being said, a free Gear VR is worth an extra week or so of waiting.

MostlyMarius

Mar 4, 2016
Toronto
mariusmasalar.me
I pre-ordered from Bell...got a call this morning to verify my details. The tracking system suggests it'll be in the store within 1-3 business days.

Whether or not they'll actually let me have it that soon remains to be seen, but I sure hope so!

Reactions: shanti06

Zer0_

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto
Pre-ordered from Rogers on February 23rd, 47th in line. Status still says open. Hopefully I'll have it by the 11th. You just never know with Rogers.
I preordered the S7 Flat from the Samsung Experience Store (Sherway Gardens).
After much thought, I ended up calling them and switching my order to the edge.

I'm kind of nervous about the screen getting scratched though since its so exposed... There isn't that many screen protectors out either on Amazon (CA)

htc fan89

Jun 12, 2009
I preordered the S7 Flat from the Samsung Experience Store (Sherway Gardens).
After much thought, I ended up calling them and switching my order to the edge.

I'm kind of nervous about the screen getting scratched though since its so exposed... There isn't that many screen protectors out either on Amazon (CA)
Is it unlocked one?

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

wasdly

Dec 16, 2010
Vancouver
Is it unlocked one?

Yes it should be. I pre ordered mine in Samsung store, the staffs told me that it will be unlocked. They did not even ask me which carrier I'm on, so I guess it is unlocked for sure. And they have silver and gold, but these will be available later this month (ETA is Mar 28)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

htc fan89

Jun 12, 2009
Yes it should be. I pre ordered mine in Samsung store, the staffs told me that it will be unlocked. They did not even ask me which carrier I'm on, so I guess it is unlocked for sure. And they have silver and gold, but these will be available later this month (ETA is Mar 28)

It's not the one in best buy store ? Don't think I ever seen a Samsung store

Zer0_

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto
Reactions: htc fan89

wasdly

Dec 16, 2010
Vancouver
It's not the one in best buy store ? Don't think I ever seen a Samsung store

There is probably like only 3-4 locations in all of Canada.
It's pretty cool though, you get a free Gear VR and 128 GB MicroSD card when you pre-order, plus its unlocked if you buy it out.

Here is a link: http://pages.samsung.com/ca/thesamsungstore/English/sherwaygardens.html
Yes, it's a retail store like Apple store. Only 4 locations in Canada, luckily one of them is 5 minutes driving from my house.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A user on reddit found a way to change CSC for people with XAC without rooting. Just put in *#243203855# on the phone menu and it gives you the option to change to other carriers.
    Hey boys, is there a way to root our S7 edges without tripping knox? Or alternatively is there a way of unrooting if I ever needed to send the phone in to get fixed?

http://bfy.tw/Ab8j :highfive::good:
    You guys gimp the security, speed, and reliability of your phone and encourage others to do the same; it's sickening. His question didn't even have anything to do with rooting.

I've rooted phones for years but it doesn't feel nearly as necessary as it used to. Not to mention all of the problems that result from it: no Samsung pay, unencrypted internal storage, no Knox, slower boot time, random reboots, increased memory usage, and incompatible or poorly tested xposed modules can cause a myriad of bugs.

The level of dillusion is insane in this community.

No issues here. Samsung Pay is not even available in Canada yet, and I'm happy using my credit cards regardless.
    Boot time has not increased at all, memory usage is the same, don't care too much for knox.
    Please also note that Xposed isn't the only thing that can be done after rooting. Having the ability to remove system apps, and having access to root functions and folders is never a bad thing.

Also, no one is forcing you to do it, so chill out.
    I'm sure when someone decides to root, they will end up doing some research on it, and they can decide for themselves if they want to do it or not... no one is holding a gun to their head lol.
    I'm happy with ClearPlex film protector from BestBuy stores. $29.99 + tax lifetime warranty. Anytime it peels off or it gets damaged you go back to the store with the receipt and they put a new one on. It does not cover from edge to edge. There is a 1-2 mm gap between the film and the edge end the ear piece and home button are only enclosed on three sides. The tech said that if the film would go more towards the curved sides it would peel off so they are aware about the limitations of edge screen and their product. After 1 month absolutely no problem. Install was great with no bubbles and no lint underneath. They have a machine that does it. It seems to be wet application and the screen is self healing. They have two flavors. On our device they apply the ULTRA one which it's been said to be HD. If feels just a little bit rubbery but way less than others. The touch sensitivity is great though.
    Give it a try.

What are you guys using for screen protector, I know decent tempered glass is not possible and probably will not be for a long time but looking for a decent film. Don't care about the orange peal effect, I care more about the ease of bubble free installation

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Lol. You literally had to draw me a picture ? Thanks bro. Much appreciated. So I have to go on that site. Outside of xda right. I signed up and the said someone would review my application. They must me screening for trolls or something.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Can't view thread.
    As of 10 May 2016 registrations will no longer be automatic and open. In order to be a member of this forum you will have to be referred to one of the Echoe team members by another member of the forum who has been a member for a minimum of 3 months.…

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=52667
    Get roms from there. V11 is latest one.

Sent from my Pebble Time