Canadian Galaxy s7 edge discussion

Search This thread

oxxshadow

Apr 2, 2012
Anyone ever had their S7 freeze randomly and lock up? I am on the latest July security patch, no root and while watching youtuube today the phone randomly locked up and I had to reset it by holding power and volume down. not sure why it happened

msavic6

Jun 28, 2010
Vancouver

ma678

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto, ON
Believe it or not. Samsung is able to change CSC version without rooting the device. I filed a complaint with BBB, and a Samsung agent called me a while ago and instructed me how to change xac to FMC by entering a code. After that i got volte and wifi calling on my s7 edge.
I'm not supposed to release the code here; however, you can do the same thing if you file a case with BBB.
Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

oxxshadow

Apr 2, 2012
Believe it or not. Samsung is able to change CSC version without rooting the device. I filed a complaint with BBB, and a Samsung agent called me a while ago and instructed me how to change xac to FMC by entering a code. After that i got volte and wifi calling on my s7 edge.
I'm not supposed to release the code here; however, you can do the same thing if you file a case with BBB.
Good luck!

whats BBB?

that be me

Jul 24, 2016
Better Business Bureau. Governing body for complaints made by consumers against businesses.

I had the same issues with wifi calling. Rogers added my IMEI to my account and it still didn't work. Did a factory reset and that did the trick. Now have wifi calling, voLTE and video calling.

itzik_man

Nov 13, 2010
Saint-Laurent, Quebec
Good luck!

No need for BBB...
No big deal... her is the code I was using it since my S4!
*#272*IMEI#

ma678

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto, ON
Samsung disable certain features by CSC. For example, VoLTE and wifi calling are unavailable on unlocked devices from Samsung directly. *#272*imei is not accessible on xac version s7 edge

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheLoserman

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
If it's unlocked, what is the point of changing the CSC? You can install any Canadian firmware!
By the way, CSC is the initials of "Consumer Software Customization"! unlock phone does not need customization of a specific carrier.

An unlocked phone purchased directly from Samsung will not allow the phone to use VoLTE or WiFi calling on Rogers' network. These features are removed in the XAC CSC. Data sucks balls on phone calls as you only get 4G during calls which is pretty well worthless and unable to connect for the most part. So for people who have bought the unlocked version for use on the Rogers network, you have a partially crippled phone. Installing Rogers firmware absolutely does not enable these features as they are tied to the CSC which does not change. If you want your phone to work as well as one purchased from Rogers, you must change the CSC.
The only way being root as the *#272 code is disabled on XAC unlocked phones

Vap0rX

Apr 19, 2012
Toronto
I have purchased from Samsung store (Unlocked). When running *#272*IMEI# I get this screen.
Is it that I am able to change the CSC on this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160824-225058.png
    Screenshot_20160824-225058.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 260

taylorheaps

Dec 27, 2012
Has anyone used Echoerom for their device here ? Wondering since I have to donate to access their forum and I can't figure out if it is bootable on our variant.

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
I have purchased from Samsung store (Unlocked). When running *#272*IMEI# I get this screen.
Is it that I am able to change the CSC on this?
That is in fact how you change CSC. Doing that will completely wipe your device so be careful. It looks like you got an unlocked phone with the MTS bloat built in instead XAC CSC.

Vap0rX

Apr 19, 2012
Toronto
That is in fact how you change CSC. Doing that will completely wipe your device so be careful. It looks like you got an unlocked phone with the MTS bloat built in instead XAC CSC.
No I inserted Mobilicity SIM prior using Rogers SIM to avoid any Rogers bloatware installation.
Thanks for the warning regarding wipe. I was thinking to do it soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A user on reddit found a way to change CSC for people with XAC without rooting. Just put in *#243203855# on the phone menu and it gives you the option to change to other carriers.
    Hey boys, is there a way to root our S7 edges without tripping knox? Or alternatively is there a way of unrooting if I ever needed to send the phone in to get fixed?

http://bfy.tw/Ab8j :highfive::good:
    You guys gimp the security, speed, and reliability of your phone and encourage others to do the same; it's sickening. His question didn't even have anything to do with rooting.

I've rooted phones for years but it doesn't feel nearly as necessary as it used to. Not to mention all of the problems that result from it: no Samsung pay, unencrypted internal storage, no Knox, slower boot time, random reboots, increased memory usage, and incompatible or poorly tested xposed modules can cause a myriad of bugs.

The level of dillusion is insane in this community.

No issues here. Samsung Pay is not even available in Canada yet, and I'm happy using my credit cards regardless.
    Boot time has not increased at all, memory usage is the same, don't care too much for knox.
    Please also note that Xposed isn't the only thing that can be done after rooting. Having the ability to remove system apps, and having access to root functions and folders is never a bad thing.

Also, no one is forcing you to do it, so chill out.
    I'm sure when someone decides to root, they will end up doing some research on it, and they can decide for themselves if they want to do it or not... no one is holding a gun to their head lol.
    I'm happy with ClearPlex film protector from BestBuy stores. $29.99 + tax lifetime warranty. Anytime it peels off or it gets damaged you go back to the store with the receipt and they put a new one on. It does not cover from edge to edge. There is a 1-2 mm gap between the film and the edge end the ear piece and home button are only enclosed on three sides. The tech said that if the film would go more towards the curved sides it would peel off so they are aware about the limitations of edge screen and their product. After 1 month absolutely no problem. Install was great with no bubbles and no lint underneath. They have a machine that does it. It seems to be wet application and the screen is self healing. They have two flavors. On our device they apply the ULTRA one which it's been said to be HD. If feels just a little bit rubbery but way less than others. The touch sensitivity is great though.
    Give it a try.

What are you guys using for screen protector, I know decent tempered glass is not possible and probably will not be for a long time but looking for a decent film. Don't care about the orange peal effect, I care more about the ease of bubble free installation

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Lol. You literally had to draw me a picture ? Thanks bro. Much appreciated. So I have to go on that site. Outside of xda right. I signed up and the said someone would review my application. They must me screening for trolls or something.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Can't view thread.
    As of 10 May 2016 registrations will no longer be automatic and open. In order to be a member of this forum you will have to be referred to one of the Echoe team members by another member of the forum who has been a member for a minimum of 3 months.…

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=52667
    Get roms from there. V11 is latest one.

Sent from my Pebble Time
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone