Canadian Galaxy s7 edge discussion

Search This thread

Aug 21, 2015
Any one else find it almost impossible to type property with out hitting the edges of the screen with palms and creating a mistype. Comming from a note this device seems like poop

#hates7edge #3daysmissnote7

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

I don't have a case yet, I guess that would help

mediumsteak

Nov 25, 2010
Toronto ON
I rooted my phone a month ago and currently have plans to sell this phone. Can someone tell me how to get back to stock rom and continue getting the ota updates from Samsung? Basically I dont want the buyer knowing this phone was ever rooted. Phone was originally with Rogers but got it unlocked and using it with Wind.

Samsung considers tripped Knox as a void warranty. I'd hate to be the person that buys your device because it is no longer covered by Samsung's warranty.
The buyer may not be aware that he/she is buying a phone with a void warranty. How are you going to reply if the buyer asks you whether your phone is still under warranty? Are you going to be transparent and tell them that there is no warranty and risk losing a sale or are you going to lie and pretend it is under warranty?

Reactions: TheLoserman

mrnovanova

Jun 28, 2011
Montreal
Any one else find it almost impossible to type property with out hitting the edges of the screen with palms and creating a mistype. Comming from a note this device seems like poop

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

I know bro. The first few hours I was like WTH! It takes a little added dexterity. I got the Moko slim clear case and it doesn't happen anymore.

Reactions: 1011555

fortesquieu

May 22, 2010

Yes, I was having the same issue in the beginning until i snapped a cased on it!

Aug 21, 2015
What are you guys using for screen protector, I know decent tempered glass is not possible and probably will not be for a long time but looking for a decent film. Don't care about the orange peal effect, I care more about the ease of bubble free installation

Reactions: eboy_gb

wallyg8r

Nov 21, 2010
Brantford
What are you guys using for screen protector, I know decent tempered glass is not possible and probably will not be for a long time but looking for a decent film. Don't care about the orange peal effect, I care more about the ease of bubble free installation
I just went to best buy and had the geek squad install one. Lifetime warranty on it.

Reactions: 1011555

Reeonimus

Jul 18, 2010
Calgary
I have the SM-G935W8 with Wind, rooted with TWRP, Still on the April 2 security patch. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to update this without losing root? Or a ROM that's known to be working on this device? Been looking around but it's been a long time since I've owned an android device and i'm seeing some ROMs need a bootloader update. Not sure how to do that on this device. Thanks!

fortesquieu

May 22, 2010
I have the SM-G935W8 with Wind, rooted with TWRP, Still on the April 2 security patch. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to update this without losing root? Or a ROM that's known to be working on this device? Been looking around but it's been a long time since I've owned an android device and i'm seeing some ROMs need a bootloader update. Not sure how to do that on this device. Thanks!

If you want to update the ROM without losing root, you'll just need to flash the ROM through TWRP and that should do it. Flashing anything through Odin will make you lose the root.

nukem97

Apr 26, 2007

I am using King Rom on mine, even though mine is the international model FD the ROM is supported on W8 models. I have found this ROM to be the perfect balance between stock/mods/tweaks and everything working.

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

Guys, here is a stupid question, I have been trying to find an answer to no avail. I am in Canada however I have the international FD model, I am working would it be ok if I flash the Canadian Bootloader/Modem on mine? The idea is using a Canadian BL/Modem I might get better coverage etc? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
I am using King Rom on mine, even though mine is the international model FD the ROM is supported on W8 models. I have found this ROM to be the perfect balance between stock/mods/tweaks and everything working.

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

Guys, here is a stupid question, I have been trying to find an answer to no avail. I am in Canada however I have the international FD model, I am working would it be ok if I flash the Canadian Bootloader/Modem on mine? The idea is using a Canadian BL/Modem I might get better coverage etc? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks
Absolutely do not flash the Canadian bootloader. The best case scenario youre looking at is buying a Canadian version to replace your bricked FD.

jark99

Sep 17, 2010
Does anyone know if I can flash the newest radio firmware from API onto APB? Basically want to keep APB, but update the firmware

SaneinOne

Aug 7, 2010
The Great White North
techxplosion.net
You should be fine to flash the modem file. Easy enough to resolve by reverting back to your carrier's in the event of worsened reception, etc.

[/COLOR]Guys, here is a stupid question, I have been trying to find an answer to no avail. I am in Canada however I have the international FD model, I am working would it be ok if I flash the Canadian Bootloader/Modem on mine? The idea is using a Canadian BL/Modem I might get better coverage etc? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A user on reddit found a way to change CSC for people with XAC without rooting. Just put in *#243203855# on the phone menu and it gives you the option to change to other carriers.
    Hey boys, is there a way to root our S7 edges without tripping knox? Or alternatively is there a way of unrooting if I ever needed to send the phone in to get fixed?

http://bfy.tw/Ab8j :highfive::good:
    You guys gimp the security, speed, and reliability of your phone and encourage others to do the same; it's sickening. His question didn't even have anything to do with rooting.

I've rooted phones for years but it doesn't feel nearly as necessary as it used to. Not to mention all of the problems that result from it: no Samsung pay, unencrypted internal storage, no Knox, slower boot time, random reboots, increased memory usage, and incompatible or poorly tested xposed modules can cause a myriad of bugs.

The level of dillusion is insane in this community.

No issues here. Samsung Pay is not even available in Canada yet, and I'm happy using my credit cards regardless.
    Boot time has not increased at all, memory usage is the same, don't care too much for knox.
    Please also note that Xposed isn't the only thing that can be done after rooting. Having the ability to remove system apps, and having access to root functions and folders is never a bad thing.

Also, no one is forcing you to do it, so chill out.
    I'm sure when someone decides to root, they will end up doing some research on it, and they can decide for themselves if they want to do it or not... no one is holding a gun to their head lol.
    I'm happy with ClearPlex film protector from BestBuy stores. $29.99 + tax lifetime warranty. Anytime it peels off or it gets damaged you go back to the store with the receipt and they put a new one on. It does not cover from edge to edge. There is a 1-2 mm gap between the film and the edge end the ear piece and home button are only enclosed on three sides. The tech said that if the film would go more towards the curved sides it would peel off so they are aware about the limitations of edge screen and their product. After 1 month absolutely no problem. Install was great with no bubbles and no lint underneath. They have a machine that does it. It seems to be wet application and the screen is self healing. They have two flavors. On our device they apply the ULTRA one which it's been said to be HD. If feels just a little bit rubbery but way less than others. The touch sensitivity is great though.
    Give it a try.

Lol. You literally had to draw me a picture ? Thanks bro. Much appreciated. So I have to go on that site. Outside of xda right. I signed up and the said someone would review my application. They must me screening for trolls or something.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Can't view thread.
    As of 10 May 2016 registrations will no longer be automatic and open. In order to be a member of this forum you will have to be referred to one of the Echoe team members by another member of the forum who has been a member for a minimum of 3 months.…

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=52667
    Get roms from there. V11 is latest one.

Sent from my Pebble Time
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone