[CANADIAN] Odin 5.1.1 Bootloader & TWRP Flashable Modem - SM-G920W8 BOI6 *UPDATED*

Search This thread

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
[CANADIAN] Odin 5.1.1 Bootloader & TWRP Flashable Modem - SM-G920W8 BOI6 *UPDATED*

Rogers is the only carrier who pushed this update, it was pulled shortly after, due to corruption. I had to spend literally ALL day downloading this. I downloaded it 7 times before i got a OTA zip that passes a CRC check and extracted properly. What a pain in the butt it is i had to convert my Telus device to Rogers fully down to modding the EFS to get this done.

Prerequisit: You must be on a 5.1.1 compatible TWRP as well as a 5.1.1 rom when flashing these packages or your going to get stuck in a binary miss match. While there is a fix for this with out the W8 5.1.1 odin packages, it takes a lot of musical flashing. So be sure to be on a compatible 5.1.1 rom, Kernel and TWRP first.

As always, you flash at YOUR OWN RISK. I will of course try to provide support if I am online, If you appreciate how much the pain in my butt was, and you didn't have to do this your self. Click Donate.

The Bootloader MUST be flashed via ODIN 3.10.X or higher. in the BL slot. Hence why its a tar. Sorry no flashables, Samsung locks the boot loader areas to everything but their own signed recovery, from their own signed update.zip
BO8H BL
BOI1 BL
BOI6 BL *LATEST*

The modem is TWRP flashable
BO8H Modem
BOI1 Modem
BOI6 Modem *LATEST*

You can get ODIN 3.10.6 HERE

Samsung USB Drivers HERE

Fingerprint confirmed working by my self. on custom 5.1.1 roms and stock.

Last edited:

anuben

Mar 13, 2012
Hi first of all thousands thanks to you for your work.. :)
i have just quick question.
currently i am on xtrestolite v2.3 how do i flash this latest bootloader ? i tried flashing via odin v 3.10.7 and it failed. would you mind guide me here?

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Hi first of all thousands thanks to you for your work.. :)
i have just quick question.
currently i am on xtrestolite v2.3 how do i flash this latest bootloader ? i tried flashing via odin v 3.10.7 and it failed. would you mind guide me here?

You must reboot to download mode, and ensure you have the samsung drivers installed. IF you have already done this. paste your odin log.

failing that

please try attached odin instead. If it works i will edit the OP link. .7 worked for me. But either or.

anuben

Mar 13, 2012
You must reboot to download mode, and ensure you have the samsung drivers installed. IF you have already done this. paste your odin log.

failing that

please try attached odin instead. If it works i will edit the OP link. .7 worked for me. But either or.
this is the log from odin. and just to make sure.. i have to select BL option in odin right?
Code:
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> cm.bin
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/005> FAIL!
<ID:0/005> 
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/005> Removed!!

virulentt

Sep 14, 2010
Montreal
this is the log from odin. and just to make sure.. i have to select BL option in odin right?
Code:

redownload the Bootloader, your .tar could be corrupted.

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Code:

Yes i flashed it via BL. Whats your actual device.

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Easiest way to do it is just make sure the Bootloader is loaded on Odin first on your PC then reboot to recovery and flash the modem package, select reboot and choose Download so it reboots to download mode, plug the phone to usb and flash in Odin and you're done!

Sent from my SM-G925F

virulentt

Sep 14, 2010
Montreal
I've been using Arter97's back-to-n0t3 v3 with his 3.5 kernel, SO SMOOTH :D I lose around 5 to 7% overnight. You guys should give it a try!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/development/to-n0t3-bring-larger-fun-to-flagship-t3179857

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...development/arter97-kernel-galaxy-s6-t3171246

*** Download links are on his website (careful, the 3.6 version of his kernel isn't for our device, use the 3.5 g920tw8 one :) ***
http://arter97.com/browse/S6/

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

My device is G925w8 but its showing G925F in about phone as i am using xtrestolite v2.3

that's not for the edge... you could brick your device flashing a non-edge bootloader to an edge one.

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
My device is G925w8 but its showing G925F in about phone as i am using xtrestolite v2.3

This is why, odin is protecting you from your mistake. This is a G920W8 boot loader. It would brick your device if you convinced it to flash some how.

I do not have a G925W8 so i was un able to play musical CSC and FLash to get that OTA before rogers pulled it.

Just as a note guys, the fact that rogers pulled this update. expect all of the Canadian carrier updates to be delayed for weeks now.

anuben

Mar 13, 2012
This is why, odin is protecting you from your mistake. This is a G920W8 boot loader. It would brick your device if you convinced it to flash some how.

I do not have a G925W8 so i was un able to play musical CSC and FLash to get that OTA before rogers pulled it.

Just as a note guys, the fact that rogers pulled this update. expect all of the Canadian carrier updates to be delayed for weeks now.

holy fuk i shouldn't be doing drinking and flashing :silly: thank you though. appreciate your help...:good:

caanda45

Sep 10, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thanks Mr. X....Confirmation number: 14Y69764AE724154S a little appreciation of your time. Can I re root and then flash this on my Bell device over 5.0.2? Or should I wait till I get the Bell`s 5.1.1. It has been awhile since I had a Sammy phone. I had a whale of time to get back to stock using Smart Switch and Odin always failed for me. Just want to be able to flash 5.1.1 roms with most stuff working. Thanks again!! My device is the SM-G920W8 Bell S6.

Last edited:
Reactions: -Mr. X-

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Thanks Mr. X....Confirmation number: 14Y69764AE724154S a little appreciation of your time. Can I re root and then flash this on my Bell device over 5.0.2? Or should I wait till I get the Bell`s 5.1.1. It has been awhile since I had a Sammy phone. I had a whale of time to get back to stock using Smart Switch and Odin always failed for me. Just want to be able to flash 5.1.1 roms with most stuff working. Thanks again!! My device is the SM-G920W8 Bell S6.

As this is a 5.1.1 boot loader it will require you to be on a 5.1.1 rom. good news is there are many roms to choose from that all work perfect due to my audio patches, and now this boot loader :)

I would flash TWRP on your 5.0.2 device as it sits, then i would choose your 5.1.1 rom of your liking. Put it all on your storage on the phone except the bootloader tar. Flash the rom, modem and what ever else in TWRP. then in the TWRP reboot options reboot directly to download/bootloader. and odin the bootloader. boot the device normally and you're good!

I do have the rogers ota update zip but i hesitate to distribute it since they pulled it due to bugs, and is uspect corruption ans i had to re-download it several times before it wasn't corrupt from their ota server.

PS: Thanks for the donation!

I am personally running this http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...xtrestolite-deodexed-mod-edition-1-3-t3119968, with the new boot loader and modem. it runs beautifully.

Any international rom with a kernel for our device and my audio patch will work. the rom i link packs it all up in a bow for you no extra work. finger print will also work since this boot loader :D

Last edited:
Reactions: caanda45

caanda45

Sep 10, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
As this is a 5.1.1 boot loader it will require you to be on a 5.1.1 rom. good news is there are many roms to choose from that all work perfect due to my audio patches, and now this boot loader :)

I do have the rogers ota update zip but i hesitate to distribute it since they pulled it due to bugs, and is uspect corruption ans i had to re-download it several times before it wasn't corrupt from their ota server.

PS: Thanks for the donation!

I am personally running this http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...xtrestolite-deodexed-mod-edition-1-3-t3119968, with the new boot loader and modem. it runs beautifully.

Any international rom with a kernel for our device and my audio patch will work. the rom i link packs it all up in a bow for you no extra work. finger print will also work since this boot loader :D

Perfect, I was on that rom for awhile with 5.0.2 and some stuff missing..So the best plan is
1. Re Root and Flash TWRP
2. Back up
3. Flash 5.1.1 Rom
4. Flash Bootloader with Odin
5. Flash Modem with TWRP
And then I should be good to go? Where does the Audio patch come in?
Any other suggestions or order to my plan?
Thanks again for your time and hard work!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Rogers is the only carrier who pushed this update, it was pulled shortly after, due to corruption. I had to spend literally ALL day downloading this. I downloaded it 7 times before i got a OTA zip that passes a CRC check and extracted properly. What a pain in the butt it is i had to convert my Telus device to Rogers fully down to modding the EFS to get this done.

Prerequisit: You must be on a 5.1.1 compatible TWRP as well as a 5.1.1 rom when flashing these packages or your going to get stuck in a binary miss match. While there is a fix for this with out the W8 5.1.1 odin packages, it takes a lot of musical flashing. So be sure to be on a compatible 5.1.1 rom, Kernel and TWRP first.

As always, you flash at YOUR OWN RISK. I will of course try to provide support if I am online, If you appreciate how much the pain in my butt was, and you didn't have to do this your self. Click Donate.

The Bootloader MUST be flashed via ODIN 3.10.X or higher. in the BL slot. Hence why its a tar. Sorry no flashables, Samsung locks the boot loader areas to everything but their own signed recovery, from their own signed update.zip
    BO8H BL
    BOI1 BL
    BOI6 BL *LATEST*

The modem is TWRP flashable
    BO8H Modem
    BOI1 Modem
    BOI6 Modem *LATEST*

You can get ODIN 3.10.6 HERE

Samsung USB Drivers HERE

Fingerprint confirmed working by my self. on custom 5.1.1 roms and stock.
    You're my hero, lets have sex together
    SM-G920W8 OL1 Bootloader and Modem from Bell Factory Image. ODIN Flashable.
    UNTESTED!!!! Flash at your own risk.

Bootloader: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Y_atB3DptbUDZfOURsMGNTMkE/view?usp=sharing

Modem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Y_atB3DptbWGdjQTZTWE40ZGc/view?usp=sharing

Flash using ODIN 3.10.7
    SM-G920W8 OJ7 Bootloader and Modem. ODIN Flashable.
    Tested by MM13. Flash at your own risk.

Bootloader: https://mega.nz/#!SNoxlBAT!a6UiyiyDJ4QYAy86UaRCJnNgiuXkFQohKsYtU73l1tQ
    MD5: C6C94111F0155B3831EA84580C065865

Modem: https://mega.nz/#!qNhBzRpI!Nt2xjqkOGVWlH6GYGc46VPUoBSJ6EQn6qM07lp3vC7c
    MD5: 7F45EDE056B04913311120EE042E20B6

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

New links are up!
    Well Im having issues flashing the OG2 ... No signal and baseband unknown. Any ideas?

I think for us on the flat variant that we are stuck only using radios from 5.1.1 from here on out. Edge users maybe got lucky and can mismatch bootloader and modems further than we can

I'm also trying to flash the OG2 modem and running into the same issue as you on my 920w8
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone