[CANADIAN] Odin 5.1.1 Bootloader & TWRP Flashable Modem - SM-G925W8 BOI6 *UPDATED*

Search This thread

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
[CANADIAN] Odin 5.1.1 Bootloader & TWRP Flashable Modem - SM-G925W8 BOI6 *UPDATED*

Thanks to @risx for grabbing the OTA zip to get the stuff we needed.

Prerequisit: You must be on a 5.1.1 compatible TWRP as well as a 5.1.1 rom when flashing these packages or your going to get stuck in a binary miss match. While there is a fix for this with out the W8 5.1.1 odin packages, it takes a lot of musical flashing. So be sure to be on a compatible 5.1.1 rom, Kernel and TWRP first.

As always, you flash at YOUR OWN RISK. I will of course try to provide support if I am online, If you appreciate how much the pain in my butt was, and you didn't have to do this your self. Click Donate.

The Bootloader MUST be flashed via ODIN 3.10.X or higher. in the BL slot. Hence why its a tar. Sorry no flashables, Samsung locks the boot loader areas to everything but their own signed recovery, from their own signed update.zip
BOH8 BL
BOI1 BL
BOI6 BL *LATEST*

The modem is TWRP flashable
BOH8 Modem
BOI1 Modem
BOI6 Modem *LATEST*

You can get ODIN 3.10.6 HERE

Samsung USB Drivers HERE

Last edited:

anonymous13

Dec 20, 2009
ok - this is probably a stupid question, but where do i download the twrp 2.8.7.1 for the g925w8? I can't seem to find the file in my searches. Thanks!

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
I can reinstall 5.0.2 roger ?

No, you must be on a 5.1.1 compatible TWRP as well as a 5.1.1 rom to flash this or your going ot get stuck in a binary miss match. and there will be no fix for this untill the ODIN package is released by samsung, this usually follows days to weeks after an OTA.

cangrejon

Feb 21, 2011
Lima
No, you must be on a 5.1.1 compatible TWRP as well as a 5.1.1 rom to flash this or your going ot get stuck in a binary miss match. and there will be no fix for this untill the ODIN package is released by samsung, this usually follows days to weeks after an OTA.

friend, then I can not install the rogers stock 5.0.2? until you exit the stock 5.1.1

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
friend, then I can not install the rogers stock 5.0.2? until you exit the stock 5.1.1

this separate bootloader and modem are not for people who wish to stay stock. for you, you should wait for the ota. This is for people who are already on 5.1.1 roms who wish to have the proper bootloader and modem. There would be no purpose for you to install this if you wish to stay on rogers 5.0.2 and then get their ota when its released.

risx

Jul 20, 2012
I have been having problems with the BOH8 modem and XtreStoLite 2.3

There is a delay in receiving txt & my incoming calls randomly sometimes go straight to voicemail.

I flashed back the OG2 modem and it seems to be fine now. Wondering if anyone else has this issue?

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Does OP has a OTA update.zip captured and can be download?

Yes but it wont flash properly, already had a few people try it. it just semi soft bricks and they have to odin back to 5.0.2 it seems the zip must be flashed specifically by the FOTA process initiated by the samsung update software within the android system.

brar.arsh

Feb 5, 2012
GTA, Ontario
Yes but it wont flash properly, already had a few people try it. it just semi soft bricks and they have to odin back to 5.0.2 it seems the zip must be flashed specifically by the FOTA process initiated by the samsung update software within the android system.

Isnt it possible that all carriers have differen content in thier OTA zips and as this is TLS ota, and when it finds othe carrier apps while flashing, it just exits?

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Isnt it possible that all carriers have differen content in thier OTA zips and as this is TLS ota, and when it finds othe carrier apps while flashing, it just exits?

something funny could be happening but th update.zip has all carriers csc stuff in it. I extracted to poke around

brar.arsh

Feb 5, 2012
GTA, Ontario
something funny could be happening but th update.zip has all carriers csc stuff in it. I extracted to poke around

Tired of Samsung with all this sh!t. They are becoming worst with each device launch and their exynos processors. I hope SD820 comes back with S7 as we will have some hope for AOSP roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks to @risx for grabbing the OTA zip to get the stuff we needed.

Prerequisit: You must be on a 5.1.1 compatible TWRP as well as a 5.1.1 rom when flashing these packages or your going to get stuck in a binary miss match. While there is a fix for this with out the W8 5.1.1 odin packages, it takes a lot of musical flashing. So be sure to be on a compatible 5.1.1 rom, Kernel and TWRP first.

As always, you flash at YOUR OWN RISK. I will of course try to provide support if I am online, If you appreciate how much the pain in my butt was, and you didn't have to do this your self. Click Donate.

The Bootloader MUST be flashed via ODIN 3.10.X or higher. in the BL slot. Hence why its a tar. Sorry no flashables, Samsung locks the boot loader areas to everything but their own signed recovery, from their own signed update.zip
    BOH8 BL
    BOI1 BL
    BOI6 BL *LATEST*

The modem is TWRP flashable
    BOH8 Modem
    BOI1 Modem
    BOI6 Modem *LATEST*

You can get ODIN 3.10.6 HERE

Samsung USB Drivers HERE
    It is unbricked and i can not thank you enough. :highfive:

Good to hear, Get on a proper 5.1.1 rom and kernel for the w8 and your good to go.
    I have been having problems with the BOH8 modem and XtreStoLite 2.3

There is a delay in receiving txt & my incoming calls randomly sometimes go straight to voicemail.

I flashed back the OG2 modem and it seems to be fine now. Wondering if anyone else has this issue?
    Hello,

I know we took the risk by flashing this and getting the device bricked but you could have at the least posted this WARNING in the OP to prevent issues such as this binary error and being stuck until a G925W8 firmware 5.1.1 is released. Please be more informative when you share something, i wouldn't jump on this like a fish if you put the that warning in the OP.

Thanks.

No offence, but I assumed it was self explanatory that the 5.1.1 bootloader and modem were for the 5.1.1 roms. I suppose I assumed wrong. The whole purpose of flashing these bootloaders and modem them selves instead of taking the OTA would have been for people already on 5.1.1 who wanted their fingerprint reader working again, and didnt want to odin to stock. It's been added to the op anyways.

Sometimes users have to put the breaks on, logic ensues.

Use odin to flash an international boot image and system image. nothing else in the tar. that will get you booting. then odin the twrp and flash a custom 5.1.1 zip that includes a proper w8 kernel and my audio patch. you will be up and running.

Alternatively, Use odin to flash twrp 2.8.7.1 then boot and install a 5.1.1 kernel and a 5.1.1 rom from within twrp. Users who also flashed this over 5.0.2 stuff for reasons unknown, report this works.
    It didn't help, it flashed successfully but i still have binary error. I am afraid to deplete battery. Not even sure if it is charging when it's plugged.

Try this, its the full system kernel and recovery https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347819482
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone