Canadian S7/S7 Edge thread!

Search This thread

nashy10

Feb 13, 2012
That statement makes no sense since roms do not include modems in them...whatever baseband you had on stock you still have after flashing.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk 2
Okay, I'm not saying I know why there is a difference in signal. But I know there is, and it's very significant.. I just did some searching and bell uses band 7 where as most us carriers don't use band 7 at all, could this be why I'm experiencing poor signal on a note 7 rom?

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Okay, I'm not saying I know why there is a difference in signal. But I know there is, and it's very significant.. I just did some searching and bell uses band 7 where as most us carriers don't use band 7 at all, could this be why I'm experiencing poor signal on a note 7 rom?

Dude....your not understanding.

Roms do not alter your baseband, that is what directly affects your signal.

Im not saying your not having issues im just trying to get you to understand its not rom related as the rom will not alter your baseband....as mentioned.

Flash back to stock....take a screenshot of your baseband...flash the rom take another screenshot.. they will be the same.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk 2

mukhtar.patel1

May 14, 2015
hey guys I got an s7 from wind.
I unlocked it and now use it with koodo.
While everything works fine i only get 3g symbol in network indicator.
I thought koodo has 4g network. Is everything ok ?

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
hey guys I got an s7 from wind.
I unlocked it and now use it with koodo.
While everything works fine i only get 3g symbol in network indicator.
I thought koodo has 4g network. Is everything ok ?
One problem you will have is that Wind disables the LTE features of that phone due to Wind not supporting LTE. This means that you will not be able to use LTE unless you change your CSC code to a compatible carrier that does support it. To see what I mean, go into Settings/Mobile networks and you will see that LTE is not an option under Network mode.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using XDA-Developers mobile app

mukhtar.patel1

May 14, 2015
One problem you will have is that Wind disables the LTE features of that phone due to Wind not supporting LTE. This means that you will not be able to use LTE unless you change your CSC code to a compatible carrier that does support it. To see what I mean, go into Settings/Mobile networks and you will see that LTE is not an option under Network mode.
How to do this without rooting ?
I mean Without voiding warranty.

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
How to do this without rooting ?
I mean Without voiding warranty.

First and foremost you want to back everything up with Samsung's Smart Switch tool on a PC as you will wipe your device changing CSC. http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/smartswitch/
Back up everything and you can easily restore it with the same tool. While it will restore your apps, it wont restore logins or any data like that, so be sure you have anything important taken care of.
The process of changing your CSC is very easy as long as Wind hasn't blocked that option as well, though I don't think they have since I used it last. Changing CSC will NOT void warranty.

To change your CSC (After backing up your phone), open the phone dialer and type *#272*IMEI# . Where you see IMEI, you will have to replace that with your phone's IMEI. EG: *#272*356160072225898# (*#06# will give you your IMEI)
After hitting the final #, the dialer will auto open a menu that allows you to change your CSC code to Koodo (KDO) which will make your phone exactly as if it were purchased from Koodo and give you the proper LTE access.
Again, this does not void your warranty or require root. It just changes the carrier specific contents that are already pre-programmed into your phone.

Finally, I must again point out that this will completely factory reset and wipe your phone. Smart Switch is a very easy backup and restore option that will save all your pics, contacts, apps, etc and return them after the change is done. If you have things in 'Private mode' you need to take them out of private before backing them up or they will get overlooked as part of the privacy settings.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

I've used this: *#272*Phone’s IMEI Here# trick on my G920W8 before, although, I'm not too sure if it'll work on the S7. I'll try later today and see what happens.

I have done this with the Wind S7. I can confirm it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: mukhtar.patel1

TRSHD

Mar 27, 2012
Montreal
Hey, can you guys let me know what your average SoT for your phone is and if it's the flat or edge?

Here's mine (GS7 flat, not rooted, no mods, slightly debloated)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161002-221006.jpg
    Screenshot_20161002-221006.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 208

mukhtar.patel1

May 14, 2015
First and foremost you want to back everything up with Samsung's Smart Switch tool on a PC as you will wipe your device changing CSC. http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/smartswitch/
Back up everything and you can easily restore it with the same tool. While it will restore your apps, it wont restore logins or any data like that, so be sure you have anything important taken care of.
The process of changing your CSC is very easy as long as Wind hasn't blocked that option as well, though I don't think they have since I used it last. Changing CSC will NOT void warranty.

To change your CSC (After backing up your phone), open the phone dialer and type *#272*IMEI# . Where you see IMEI, you will have to replace that with your phone's IMEI. EG: *#272*356160072225898# (*#06# will give you your IMEI)
After hitting the final #, the dialer will auto open a menu that allows you to change your CSC code to Koodo (KDO) which will make your phone exactly as if it were purchased from Koodo and give you the proper LTE access.
Again, this does not void your warranty or require root. It just changes the carrier specific contents that are already pre-programmed into your phone.

Finally, I must again point out that this will completely factory reset and wipe your phone. Smart Switch is a very easy backup and restore option that will save all your pics, contacts, apps, etc and return them after the change is done. If you have things in 'Private mode' you need to take them out of private before backing them up or they will get overlooked as part of the privacy settings.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

I have done this with the Wind S7. I can confirm it works.
Thank you very much.
With your help i was able to change CSC successfully.
Only issue i am having is that till now i got twice the black screen of death.
Is koodos version of s7 software buggy ?

Reactions: BCSC

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
Thank you very much.
With your help i was able to change CSC successfully.
Only issue i am having is that till now i got twice the black screen of death.
Is koodos version of s7 software buggy ?
I haven't heard anything about that before now but reading about makes it seem quite common. Now that you have successfully managed to change your CSC, maybe try flashing the full firmware from a different carrier via ODIN. Your CSC will stay as Koodo. That or maybe a factory reset will fix it. Without having experienced the issue myself, i have no experience to offer a proper opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using XDA-Developers mobile app

mukhtar.patel1

May 14, 2015
I haven't heard anything about that before now but reading about makes it seem quite common. Now that you have successfully managed to change your CSC, maybe try flashing the full firmware from a different carrier via ODIN. Your CSC will stay as Koodo. That or maybe a factory reset will fix it. Without having experienced the issue myself, i have no experience to offer a proper opinion.
I wiped the cache from official recovery.
Its been 5 hours without any freezing. fingers crossed lets hope this issue does not show up again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can confirm that the Nougat update from OnTheEdgeLite ROM works perfectly fine on G930W8! You do get the occasional BadgeProvider FC, but all features I went through has worked. Also Marshmallow CSC does work too so if you flash that before you boot, you should proper signal.

Be aware that when flashing the beta is your TWRP will complain about not mounting data and internal storage so you will need to follow the TWRP recovery instructions to get that working using dm-verify.
    I'm looking to upgrade to the Note 8 so will probably give the S7 to either my wife or daughter. Neither are much into phone customization, etc - so decided to downgrade to Marshmallow to reset the phone and then let it OTA through all the updates to get back to latest release from Rogers.

Flashed 6.0 Rom through Odin, same as usual - have the APK3 - RWC CSC - version downloaded from Sammmobile. When it booted up, noticed that it has the XAC CSC. I booted into recovery, factory reset, then flashed again. Still XAC ? This package used to install the RWC CSC ?

Guessing that I'm doing something wrong ? I initially flashed with CSC_OYA, and have now tried both CSC_OYA and CSC_HOME.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Did some searching and found the solution. Ticked the repartition option in Odin to remove and conflicts with CSC. Flashed the stock 6.0 again without issue. Maybe this can help someone else.

Cheers !

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    ROGERS QH1 August 1st patch this AM.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone