Canadian S7/S7 Edge thread!

Search This thread

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
How to disable shutter sound on kamera?

Odesláno z mého SM-G930W8 pomocí Tapatalk
Did you look in Sounds? You might have to click on More (I've switched away from the stock TW Rom in favor of AOSP so I can't double check - I'm just going from memory.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

oxxshadow

Apr 2, 2012
Repair Centre

Anyone have any experiences with repairing their phone or replacing the battery at a Samsung service center? My screen is scratched really bad, and battery is depleting noticeably. Wondering if anyone ever made use of the Samsung service centre.

Reactions: TheLoserman

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Anyone have any experiences with repairing their phone or replacing the battery at a Samsung service center? My screen is scratched really bad, and battery is depleting noticeably. Wondering if anyone ever made use of the Samsung service centre.
Which Carrier are you with - Did they offer and did you get Device Protection if it was available?

oxxshadow

Apr 2, 2012
Which Carrier are you with - Did they offer and did you get Device Protection if it was available?

i bought the phone unlocked from a Samsung experience store, so no additional warranty was offered. Too bad Samsung does not have something like Apple Care. There is a Samsung repair centre near my place though so I was wondering if anyone had experience with it

ahageman84

Jun 12, 2016
Anybody having issues on custom rom's about the LTE+ not working? I'm currently trying out the Superman Rom and that is the only function not working, otherwise it's a great rom.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Thanks for reply. The regular LTE is working fine. What I am referring to is the LTE+, or LTE Advanced. It allows the phone to access more than one radio band/cell tower at a time.
As far as I know - The only way to know if you're getting LTE Advanced is by using an app like Ookla speed test - Also it may depend on your Carrier and Contract - From what I understand you aren't going to see a different icon on the Status Bar.

Reactions: ahageman84

Grafdude

Apr 15, 2015
Montreal
Hey guys, my s7 edge (G935W8) needs a motherboard replacement , It was rooted so I couldn't get it under warranty. I'm planning to change it myself, if I buy a G935F unlocked motherboard, will it work?

finneginsfast

Mar 6, 2011
BC
I've got a weird issue with alarm and time based notifications being late. It started with my morning alarm always being a few minutes later than scheduled. Now it's happening with other apps as well.

I've ensured that the apps in question has not been optimized (makes no difference) but I still can't figure this out.

Anyone else facing this issue, any ideas what may be causing this?

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Anyone running Resurrection Remix on their SM-G930W8 and getting a reboot after a phone call? I've been getting this for some time - But not on Slim7 (too bad it's got very limited customization and no OMS support).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can confirm that the Nougat update from OnTheEdgeLite ROM works perfectly fine on G930W8! You do get the occasional BadgeProvider FC, but all features I went through has worked. Also Marshmallow CSC does work too so if you flash that before you boot, you should proper signal.

Be aware that when flashing the beta is your TWRP will complain about not mounting data and internal storage so you will need to follow the TWRP recovery instructions to get that working using dm-verify.
    Rogers just updated their site to say that nougat is coming soon http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/thread-id/1

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt.jpg
    I'm looking to upgrade to the Note 8 so will probably give the S7 to either my wife or daughter. Neither are much into phone customization, etc - so decided to downgrade to Marshmallow to reset the phone and then let it OTA through all the updates to get back to latest release from Rogers.

Flashed 6.0 Rom through Odin, same as usual - have the APK3 - RWC CSC - version downloaded from Sammmobile. When it booted up, noticed that it has the XAC CSC. I booted into recovery, factory reset, then flashed again. Still XAC ? This package used to install the RWC CSC ?

Guessing that I'm doing something wrong ? I initially flashed with CSC_OYA, and have now tried both CSC_OYA and CSC_HOME.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Did some searching and found the solution. Ticked the repartition option in Odin to remove and conflicts with CSC. Flashed the stock 6.0 again without issue. Maybe this can help someone else.

Cheers !

ROGERS QH1 August 1st patch this AM.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone