• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

CanBox versions

Search This thread

moreno_cos

Dec 17, 2011
I have been able to verify that all the information is received by my hu through the key2 cable connected to the canbus.
Tx and Rx do nothing, no matter if I leave them plugged in or unplugged. It doesn't matter if you select canbus Bagoo or Raise or any brand, the same buttons always work and I can disconnect Tx and Rx that are useless

I have ordered a new canbus from an erisin radio that all the buttons work and the display shows doors opening. the seller has attached the pinout to me.

In the new canbus I will disconnect key2 and want Tx and Rx to work. That will be my last test

moreno_cos

Dec 17, 2011
Thank you so much for your help. You were the only one to try to help me. Thank you very much

I have got all buttons swc working and doors and temperature show on the screen in my hu isudar

Solution: new canbus and new pinout

Attachments

• VID_20211124_153211.mp4
    56.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211124_145330.jpg
    IMG_20211124_145330.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 23

Sdpuk2020

Dec 10, 2020
Great
Thank you so much for your help. You were the only one to try to help me. Thank you very much

I have got all buttons swc working and doors and temperature show on the screen in my hu isudar

Great news. Glad it’s sorted. No problem any more problems just let me know

TheKamlot

Oct 8, 2021

What exactly was wrong with pinout? I have similar problem with my peugeot and it looks like you have exactly the same pinout in hu

Etss

Apr 19, 2010
I have a trouble finding a canbus box for Dodge Charger 2013.
I have RP5-CH-002 but it seems that this is for older models.
Has anyone have had similar issue and can point me to some direction?

TheKamlot

Oct 8, 2021
what peugeot do you have? ive got a spare canbus harness if that might work
Peugeot 307 2006 year. I have one fully working canbus box (Raise PSA-RZ-15) which worked fine on my old crappy 8227l radio. But in px6 i found only one option for raise canbus box and psa group cars which not work at all. Also i got one with new hu (simple soft PA-SS-05) which also does not work. I mean canbus boxes probably works fine because they send reverse and ill signal but problem is with communication between canbus box and hu

Attachments

• IMG20211124153128.jpg
    IMG20211124153128.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG20211124153623.jpg
    IMG20211124153623.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 5

Sdpuk2020

Dec 10, 2020
Peugeot 307 2006 year. I have one fully working canbus box (Raise PSA-RZ-15) which worked fine on my old crappy 8227l radio. But in px6 i found only one option for raise canbus box and psa group cars which not work at all. Also i got one with new hu (simple soft PA-SS-05) which also does not work. I mean canbus boxes probably works fine because they send reverse and ill signal but problem is with communication between canbus box and hu
I have used a raise 15 box on both 8227 and px5/6 and had no problems. There should be more than one Peugeot model in the settings.
What model Peugeot do you have? Cause I selected 508 model for my 207 and it worked fine. (Px6)
And 8227 just worked

TheKamlot

Oct 8, 2021
I have used a raise 15 box on both 8227 and px5/6 and had no problems. There should be more than one Peugeot model in the settings.
What model Peugeot do you have? Cause I selected 508 model for my 207 and it worked fine. (Px6)
And 8227 just worked
I mean I have only one option of canbus box raise for psa cars but in that you have few options of car type but in my hu it's described as option 1, option 2 etc. Can you show me your settings in factory setting? Maybe will be helpful to set it properly. My car is 307 from 2006. Thanks a lot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know there are a lot of versions of CanBox but it's hard to find a bit more information (except some photos). So I decided to do a small reverse engineering of my version.
    Someone will ask for what? Out of curiosity. Maybe will be helpful for someone in the future. Maybe someone will share what version he has.
    But most of all because maybe someone has a firmware for the MCU? Maybe @hotaudio has such firmware (bin file or CANBUS.UPDE file) to any version of Canbox and help us? :) For educational purposes, of course.

That's how my CanBox looks like
    MyCanBox.jpg

This is the effect of my reverse engineering:
    16_Pin_Box_HW2.jpg

16_Pin_Box_HW2all.jpg

I attached schematic diagram in PDF and schematic/pcb made in KiCAD (ver4 and ver5)

And here other photos of CanBoxes what I found
    CanBox1.jpg

CanBox2.jpg

CanBox3.jpg
    Ok, thanks, can you upload photos of your schematics ?

I didn't save them. Anyway you can go ahead without schematics:

There are two groups of cables: the ISO connector ones and the canbus box ones.

The cables regarding the ISO connector is as simply as comparing the two wiring harness. For example for GND pin in ISO connector, you have to check that ends in the same pin in the unit connector. Most probably these cables will need a complete re-arrangement. Search for Alfa 159 ISO connector schematics on google and compare against the schematic wich is on the unit itself regarding the connector, you have to match all (GND->GND, RR speaker->RR speaker, etc...).

Regarding canbus cables, you will need a voltage tester. The box will have more or less the following cables:

• Power supply and GND, for powering the box. You will differente them because are tied to +12V and GND pins in ISO connector. These two cables won't need any modification.
    • Canbus cables to the ISO connector, for "talking" with the car. These cables won't need any modification.
    • Ignition signaling. You can identify this cable by testing it with the voltage meter. You will get 12V when ignition turns on. Double check it's connected to the Ignition pin in the unit connector.
    • Lights signaling. You can idenfity it by testing with the voltage meter. You will get 12V when low beam is on. Double check it's connected to the light signalig pin in the unit connector.
    • Can A and Can B, bus connection from the box to the unit. Make sure they are connected to the proper pins in the unit connector.

In this way the specific unit schematics are not needed. I made the mod without them.

Regards.
    Or more appropriately have Wheelkey Study disappear when that setting is set to SWC Key. I'm thinking maybe they mean "you can change the assignments" when set to "CAN key" but since it's so close to Canbus it gets confusing very quickly.

Do they mean "use Canbus" or "can" (like "are able") to change/assign." I can see how other language speaking people have a hard time understanding some of our words that have many meanings in context.
    "CAN SWC on" and "CAN SWC off" would have been more logical. Still, I bet their English is better than our Chinese !
    Is the program on the display of the controls on the screen, is it part of Android 10 or is it something special?
    No, it appears on all Android versions, its MCU controlled, see @jlbooths's new thread linked to above.
    I have an Alfa GT as well. The GT (and 147) has CAN Bus, but it has resistive steering wheel controls, the 159 has CAN Bus and the steering wheel controls are CAN Bus too. The CAN Bus you are using is really meant for an Alfa 159, not the Alfa GT (or 147). I use this CAN Bus box too because it also works with most of the functions on the GT, but not all functions because it is meant for the 159. You need to use @Hal9k_'s cutom ROM (you may have to downgrade to Android 9 until his 10 is ready) because his ROM lets you over ride the CAN Bus steering wheel controls - at the moment they are set to CAN Bus controls because it is an Alfa 159 box you are using.
    Youre kinda of right - if the unit is set to no CAN Bus (ie universal units and even some cars with CAN Bus eg Megane 2 & BMW E46) or to a CAN Bus car that has resistive SWC the SWC app works and the SWC setting is automatically set to allow SWC butttons to be changed.

Its whether they can be changed on a car that has resistive SWC and a CAN Bus box not designed for it like @hortar and my cars without the key wires being connected. I ll try in a few days, maybe @hortar can let us know if his works and whether the key wires have to be connected or not.