• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Cannot access Google

Search This thread

tikkalamt

Oct 6, 2011
Hello,

Just got the tablet, it was really quick. Ordered when it went for sale in Italy on Thursday and today Friday morning already received it.

Maybe I'm one of the first to receive the tablet with Global ROM, but I'm going to ask anyway:

I cannot add my Google account. The error is always "There was a problem communicating with Google servers"

Is this tablet so new that it still cannot connect to Google?! Has anyone had similar problems? I also tried to install last Google Play Services from apkmirror.

ROM is 12.5.1 Global Stable

Thanks!

EDIT: Solved. After trying to clear app data, installing apks, checking autostart permissions etc, decided to try factory reset and everything started working. Kind of crazy that before starting to use a new device had to do factory reset, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Reactions: daonzz

nos89

Oct 19, 2012
same to me. i cannot access with my google account. How do you resolved @tikkalamt? i update also google play services and restore back to factory reset but i don't resolve this issue. miui 12.5.1 global.

Last edited:

planet164

Feb 22, 2010
Interesting. I have a similar problem yet not the same. I wanted to use the device for my job and we use Microsoft Intune to create an enterprise profile in Android devices.
Outside of this enterprise area everything works fine. I can set up a Google account without problems. But when I open the enterprise PlayStore I see the error message "Error while retrieving information from server DF-DFERH-01".

It sounds like those two problems are in a way related to each other...

I also have MIUI 12.5.2 and up-to-date Play Services...

Rian61

May 12, 2016
I had the same problem. I could solve it after factory reset and Android setup ask If you would like transfer files from other phone and vola account transferred.

nos89

Oct 19, 2012
It is a google server problem. It's a problem known by xiaomi. I turn off wifi, put in airplaine mode. Then wifi on and i don't know why i access with my google account.

Kalatana

Oct 5, 2021
Same thing on Second Space.
Using Global ROM in France, everything works great on First Space. Cannot ad a Google account on Second Space. It's a shame since I bought this tablet for two persons. I really hope this will get fix soon.
I tried deleting Google Apps data etc… nothing works.

Maxkung465

Oct 27, 2017
Mine worked normally come with MIUI 12.5.4.0 RKXMIXM
Screenshot_2021-10-10-07-27-19-225_com.android.settings.jpg

gorodoe

Apr 14, 2020
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
anyone have issues with google backup? can't seem to do any backup, It will only say.

"Couldn't backup data, Try again later"
Tried on other phone works fine, factory resets the device still doesn't work, turning off screen lock and reboot also doesn't work, tried force backup by adb it would say Transport Error.

Zaunpfahl

Jul 13, 2012
Same thing on Second Space.
Using Global ROM in France, everything works great on First Space. Cannot ad a Google account on Second Space. It's a shame since I bought this tablet for two persons. I really hope this will get fix soon.
I tried deleting Google Apps data etc… nothing works.
I have the same problem with the second profile. If you completely reset the pad again, do not add a Google account during the initial setup and then first set up the second account, it should supposedly work. But I haven't tried it myself because I don't want to reset the first profile.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Just got the tablet, it was really quick. Ordered when it went for sale in Italy on Thursday and today Friday morning already received it.

Maybe I'm one of the first to receive the tablet with Global ROM, but I'm going to ask anyway:

I cannot add my Google account. The error is always "There was a problem communicating with Google servers"

Is this tablet so new that it still cannot connect to Google?! Has anyone had similar problems? I also tried to install last Google Play Services from apkmirror.

ROM is 12.5.1 Global Stable

Thanks!

EDIT: Solved. After trying to clear app data, installing apks, checking autostart permissions etc, decided to try factory reset and everything started working. Kind of crazy that before starting to use a new device had to do factory reset, if you ask me.