Cannot boot into TWRP from phone, only from PC using fastboot boot ..

LBsys

Jan 27, 2021
Yep, its 2021 and I just have set up a new XC Kugo ;) - bootloader unlocked, TWRP.img flashed as well manually via fastboot as well as using the flashable Zip. Can boot into bootloader either manually (Vol+) or the reboot menu (Lineage 14.1), but cannot reboot into recovery from the phone. Flashed the latest Kugo TWRP 3.4.0, but still no way to boot into recovery from phone, the only way is to use the PC and $>fastboot boot twrp.img. That works fine. The strange thing: when I change settings in TWRP, it obviously saves them on the phone, as they are set, when I boot into TWRP using fastboot. Also pressing Vol+ when the violett light comes on during boot process will not call up TWRP (nor does the reboot menu of course) it just commences with normal boot process and starts Lineage.
Is there a bug in my bootloader? Can it be fixed?

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
I remember from this thread:

that I had to flash a costumized boot.img when setting up TWRP for the first time. Maybe that's the step you are missing. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: LBsys

LBsys

Jan 27, 2021
Thanks very much. I indeed did not flash a customized boot.img... :-(

The big question is: can I do that still? And: will that work with my lineage or woould I have to go back to Sony stockrom Android 6.0 then?

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Thanks very much. I indeed did not flash a customized boot.img... :-(

The big question is: can I do that still? And: will that work with my lineage or woould I have to go back to Sony stockrom Android 6.0 then?
No idea, sadly. Afaik (!, no guarantees) flashing a seperate boot.img does only work well with Treble ROMs. But I really am not sure about that.
I'd recommend starting from zero again, that is, going back to stock. That's at least how I'd do it.

Reactions: LBsys

LBsys

Jan 27, 2021
No idea, sadly. Afaik (!, no guarantees) flashing a seperate boot.img does only work well with Treble ROMs. But I really am not sure about that.
I'd recommend starting from zero again, that is, going back to stock. That's at least how I'd do it.
Problem solved, pressed the wrong key (Vol+ instead of Vol-). Still booting into recovery from boot menu doesn't work, but that's ok ;-)

Reactions: Spaceoid