Cannot detect in fastboot mode

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
I was trying to flash the factory images on the Nexus 5x through fastboot. When I kept typing fastboot devices the computer would not recognize the phone so I couldn't flash the images, however; when I go to TWRP it recognizes the phone. When I type fastboot devices it keeps saying "Waiting for device"

I'm using minimal ADB, not full SDK

Renaf2

Jul 5, 2014
Dijon, Cancale, On Earth, In Space
yesterday i having the same issue .... :( when i flash last stock 7.1.1 and after that i return on PixelRom But my computer won't recognize my device normally and in fastboot mod

i have try to change bootloader , radio , vendor but same issue after download direclty on my device

i have read to change cable i have try another cable but same issue i have reinstalled 15 sec adb & fastboot and drivers and i retake my cable that I usually use and wow it's work now ......... how ?? why ?? i don't know

good luck

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
yesterday i having the same issue .... :( when i flash last stock 7.1.1 and after that i return on PixelRom But my computer won't recognize my device normally and in fastboot mod

i have try to change bootloader , radio , vendor but same issue after download direclty on my device

i have read to change cable i have try another cable but same issue i have reinstalled 15 sec adb & fastboot and drivers and i retake my cable that I usually use and wow it's work now ......... how ?? why ?? i don't know

good luck

I'm not sure what the issue is but I have a feeling it has to do with Nougat. I just tried doing a bunch of the standard stuff and it's not working. I plugged in my old Nexus 6, everything is working no problem fastboot and adb. I have a feeling Google made some type of changes and possibly the fastboot/adb program that I am using is not compatible with whatever change Google has apparently made as of recent.

It's not my program since it is working fine on Marshmallow for the Nexus 6........so it makes me think that it's Nougat......I updated the LG driver which I initially thought it was and it shows no errors as well.

sobe00

Aug 17, 2014
I was trying to flash the factory images on the Nexus 5x through fastboot. When I kept typing fastboot devices the computer would not recognize the phone so I couldn't flash the images, however; when I go to TWRP it recognizes the phone. When I type fastboot devices it keeps saying "Waiting for device"

I'm using minimal ADB, not full SDK
What OS do you have on your PC?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

Renaf2

Jul 5, 2014
Dijon, Cancale, On Earth, In Space
i don't know if it's Nougat or not it's my first time with this issue ......... Yet it's been a while since I flash Nougat version without this issue ( and perhaps i can flash 5 Roms on one Day ) (I'm a crazy flasher XD ) .....

For me i'm on Windows ssshhiiittttyyy 10 :) drivers signed desactivated with settings on boot ;)

Last edited:

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
I'm using another laptop with Windows 7 as well, but it is currently working. The only difference between the 2 is that one is almost 5 years newer (working one) than the non-working one. Still works fine with Marshmallow Nexus 6, just not with this one right now.

dominoeflux

Mar 9, 2016
Miami
How do you do this ? I tried setting up LG Mobile drivers for the Nexus 5x. The computer was scanning and auto found the adb driver, I still can't figure out what I am missing.

in fastboot, hook your phone up to your computer. than go to your device manager and find your device, double click on it. right click on the second one that pops up and select update driver, select browse computer, than select pick from a list of drivers and manually install the driver for fastboot mode...hope this helps.

Reactions: mikeprius

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
in fastboot, hook your phone up to your computer. than go to your device manager and find your device, double click on it. right click on the second one that pops up and select update driver, select browse computer, than select pick from a list of drivers and manually install the driver for fastboot mode...hope this helps.

Huge thanks for your advice. Got the phone up and running. Fastboot now running. What you described was what was needed. :highfive: :highfive:

sobe00

Aug 17, 2014
How do you do this ? I tried setting up LG Mobile drivers for the Nexus 5x. The computer was scanning and auto found the adb driver, I still can't figure out what I am missing.

Plug your device in fastboot mode in your PC and open Windows's Devices Manager, now you should find your phone under "other devices" as "Android phone" or "android Devices" or something like that, right-click it and select "update driver softwere", then select "Browse my computer for driver software" and select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" , now you should see in the menu a thing as "android bootloader interface", select it and then click next. Now you should be able to use your device in fastboot mode. Sorry if I answer only now, but this weekend I was aut for work.

Reactions: mikeprius

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Huge thanks for your advice. Got the phone up and running. Fastboot now running. What you described was what was needed. :highfive: :highfive:
    Your welcome bro and anytime. This was exactly what happened to me at one point until I figured out what the problem was. Good you get the phone up and running ?

Plug your device in fastboot mode in your PC and open Windows's Devices Manager, now you should find your phone under "other devices" as "Android phone" or "android Devices" or something like that, right-click it and select "update driver softwere", then select "Browse my computer for driver software" and select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" , now you should see in the menu a thing as "android bootloader interface", select it and then click next. Now you should be able to use your device in fastboot mode. Sorry if I answer only now, but this weekend I was aut for work.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone